Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    SciAggie said:
    Putting roasted Hatch green chilies in the freezer. I love these things. 
    I like to blister hatch chilis over coals myself, but any way you do it, they’re amazing (and great to have on-hand in the freezer) :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited August 2019
    Got the mill leveled and positioned the new magnetic base LED light. I just have the drill chuck in it just to have the drawbar grabbing something.
    I still need to tram it (head to table) as well as make sure the vise is true to the table.
    Mill has 4-3/4" of quill travel. Plus gear speed selection (6 speeds to pick from). I didn't want variable speed since the last machine I had with that got it messed up in my last move and it was never right again. Even after getting the control box 'fixed'.
    I need to figure out where display will go for the DRO set before I start that install. Plus figure out which side the Y axis DRO scale will go onto.
    The mill itself is 646#. Plus about 100# for the stand. Vise is about 30-40# too. So it's not a light assembly. I used feet on the stand that I can adjust to get it to level. Each one is rated for 800#. Even with something to machine on the table, I doubt I'll ever hit 1000#.
    BTW, the light is supposed to be 500 lumen.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    lousubcap said:
    Planned to enjoy a quiet evening.  But now I am dealing with a family imposed high-drama event of little to no consequence.  F me.
    Sorry to hear that Frank.  I hope it works itself out and you can at least get a sip or two of the brown water later.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn said:
    Acn said:
    Sad to have left the lake...last night’s sunset with Mt Katahdin on the right

what lake is that, ive never been on that side of the mountain
    @fishlessman - Ambajesus Lake
    Never heard of this lake, but “Ambajesus” sounds just like something I would mumble to myself upon seeing that sunset in person. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @frazzdaddy - Relative youth is a wonderful thing.  Way to get after it.  Do you have an in-water slip or will it be a trailer to water deal?  You know the increase in use if always water-borne.  Above all, have fun!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    SciAggie said:
    Putting roasted Hatch green chilies in the freezer. I love these things. 
    NFL started, first gazpacho today, and now Hatch!  I Looove this time of year!!  :triumph:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Nice boat @frazzdaddy!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2019
    @lousubcap. Trailer at first. Only a mile and a half from lake Jordan. In water makes me nervous, shes an old girl. Gonna baby her for a bit. Found out today the motor is freshly rebuilt.  Score!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Nice boat @frazzdaddy!
    ty sir, I think I did well , time will tell.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Cute little guy 1911man. What's your plan for it?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Finally back home in Durham.  Relaxing on the couch with a cold beer.
    Glad you had opportunity to travel the worlds greatest airport on your celebrated return. 😁
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Seasoned some ribs for Sunday's cook and accidently cut myself with my new bone cutting knife.  :|   Going to catch some Z's so that I can get up early and get the food on before the skies open later this morning.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    smokingal said:
    Seasoned some ribs for Sunday's cook and accidently cut myself with my new bone cutting knife.  :|   Going to catch some Z's so that I can get up early and get the food on before the skies open later this morning.
    Sorry to hear of your accident. The new knife I’m sure was worth it😁. Have a great day tomorrow. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    In the ATL airport on a long layover, because my connecting flight has been delayed by two hours.  They really should’ve made the airport code for this place WTF. 
    FTFY

Oh, and I hope you were able to hit the Popeye's
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin said:
    Down at the beach.

Love the view and the VW.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Fellas, when you come to Vegas please don't have relations with a pregnant prostitute in an pedestrian bridge elevator on The Strip. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited August 2019
    Fellas, when you come to Vegas please don't have relations with a pregnant prostitute in an pedestrian bridge elevator on The Strip. 
    Those are glassback elevators too. Lol. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    LMAO sounds like you had an interesting night man.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I thought John said he was in Austin?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Those are glassback elevators too. Lol. 
    Cameras too.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    LMAO sounds like you had an interesting night man.  
    It has been a night for sure.
    Las Vegas, NV

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Streaming thin blue smoke through my neighborhood while waiting to see what new thunderstorms are about to roll in.  For the next 2 months, I'm pledging to do my best to be the neighbor to whom this woman is referring:

https://imgur.com/a/jG1Fqez
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Watching the final hours of Shark Week. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.