Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    It doesn’t get out of hand because generally no one takes the bait in this thread. We heard Sir Buffalo loud and clear 
    OK.  To each his own then.  I’ll continue to reference things going on in the world in here, and everyone else can continue to not “take the bait”.  If that gets me alone tossed then so be it.  
    Ok @JohnInCarolina who peed in your fiber cereal this morning... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • EggersRUs
    EggersRUs Posts: 38
    Options
    Same old, Same old
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Just paid my lawyer to write up a 7 page purchase agreement. With any luck, the home owner will accept or at the least reasonably counter.

A bunch of legal Gobilee Goo.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just paid my lawyer to write up a 7 page purchase agreement. With any luck, the home owner will accept or at the least reasonably counter.

Good luck brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Good luck brother!!
    Thank you, friend.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I think John has a defendable point. At least from my experience on this thread. I do not participate these days as avidly, so, I may have missed something.

If there is any mention, at all, that could be taken as an anti ultra pro christian right wing conservative, it is called out as political diatribe, and you are warned to refrain from doing so, going forward.

However, there have been numerous, non solicited, ultra pro christian right wing conservative comments that rolls through unscathed.

It is to the point where nobody can make a joke or be flippant against this current administration, however there are negative connotations, made frequently, regarding those which oppose the viewpoints of the far right.

Unless everyone is held to same standard, then this is total bullshįt.

You want to keep it safe, eliminate any mention of politics, from either side.

Or do not, and watch as the membership recedes, from losing a few long time BGE cooking thread contributors, as well as supporters of the Forum, and friends of the independent BGE activities.

There is a million things I am not saying about this thread. There is only one thing I am saying; If you want everyone to contribute, make it fair. If this is only for those which share a certain political perspective, then admit it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    It doesn’t get out of hand because generally no one takes the bait in this thread. We heard Sir Buffalo loud and clear 
    OK.  To each his own then.  I’ll continue to reference things going on in the world in here, and everyone else can continue to not “take the bait”.  If that gets me alone tossed then so be it.  
    Ok @JohnInCarolina who peed in your fiber cereal this morning... 
    Ha!  Nobody.  I just posted the Miller Time graphic and all sorts of other folks got bent out of shape over it.  Par for the course around here man.

I don’t get worked up about, well, anything really.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This is all so upsetting.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
     We may need those calm kitten and bunnies to come back.  Too much triggering going on.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    On my side, I'm just not going to police this thread any more.  People can say what they want to in my book, and any trolling will be rightfully flagged, and there'll be consequences like anything else.  Live and let live, in other words.  

Now back to the stuff that matters.  I'm gearing up for the big meeting of my organization next week:

http://15.usnccm.org/

I'll be in Austin for a week plus.  It'll be real work for the most part, although I hope to get out to experience some of the Q while I'm there.  My wife will be joining me towards the end of the week, and I hope to catch up with some of the good friends here while in town.  

I'm not sure I'll be able to get to Franklin's again, but at minimum I will be seeking out some quality breakfast tacos!
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    On a lighter note, today is national Tequila Day!  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    On my side, I'm just not going to police this thread any more.  People can say what they want to in my book, and any trolling will be rightfully flagged, and there'll be consequences like anything else.  Live and let live, in other words.  

Now back to the stuff that matters.  I'm gearing up for the big meeting of my organization next week:

I'll be in Austin for a week plus.  It'll be real work for the most part, although I hope to get out to experience some of the Q while I'm there.  My wife will be joining me towards the end of the week, and I hope to catch up with some of the good friends here while in town.  

I'm not sure I'll be able to get to Franklin's again, but at minimum I will be seeking out some quality breakfast tacos!
    Valentina's man.  Real Deal Holyfield.  Best breakfast taco I have ever had.  When are you heading to Austin?  I will be there next Thursday through the weekend.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Wondering how many "peace outs" a chuckle-worthy little play on a popular ad slogan may cause.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I was just busting balls, definitely not bent out of shape. You’re good people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Big state holiday here too, Pioneer Day for the mormons and Pie-n-Beer Day for the gentiles.  And the fireworks will be keeping me up until 0100 tomorrow again, I'm sure.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Botch said:
    Big state holiday here too, Pioneer Day for the mormons and Pie-n-Beer Day for the gentiles.  And the fireworks will be keeping me up until 0100 tomorrow again, I'm sure.   :|
    Did not know that it was a Momon holiday.  I live next to a mormon family and about a block from their church.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Valentina's man.  Real Deal Holyfield.  Best breakfast taco I have ever had.  When are you heading to Austin?  I will be there next Thursday through the weekend.  
    I get in this Friday.  Return the following Saturday, August 3rd.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Wish I could have lived in the days when Benjamin Franklyn was president of the US National Congress on Computational Mechanics.  Oh, to live during history so ground-breaking!
    Options
    Anyone have any idea what this gizmo does?

Options
    Neti Pot attachment for your toilet.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Looks like a jar sealer for a food saver 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    This swing is amazing!!!! You can go single or tandem, here's a shot just before we go. It swings out over a bluff, puts you about 70' in the air. It's so much fun! 

• HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    Options

That is definitely a VA Jay Jay pump
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Got a lurker caught in the dust up! @EggersRUs thank for your contribution!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    edited July 2019
    Options
    *edit Meh .... don't want to rock the boat have a great evening folks
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options

Ahh...the Swedish model. That IS your bag, baby!! You do have expensive tastes, my friend.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @frazzdaddy  sweet man, tell me more about this boat
    Options