Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dumbest thing you’ve seen today

Options
Hans61
Hans61 Posts: 3,901
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Lol.  I didn’t watch the video, but there is no way.  You could make an argument for KJ at least being as good, maybe better. Kamado Komodo is probably better, but it is 4 times more expensive.  I can’t imagine there are 5 more brands worth mentioning in the same breath as BGE. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited June 2019
    Options
    How about the dumbest thing all this month! 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    Options
    how the hell did they get rust inside the grill. I call BS.
    Washington, DC  

1- LBGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CR hates the BGE, they always have. Probably because the loser scum reviewing them cant afford to buy one for themselves. Are there better Kamados? Ehh... A KJ used to be a "better value" but now they are equal in price to a BGE with added accessories. At least where I live you can get a BGE with all the accessories that the KJ comes with for about $80 bucks more. That to me doesn't make the KJ that much better of a deal. The Costco knockoffs and the vision grills that I have personally looked at felt cheap. A KK in my opinion is a Bedazzled Egg that costs 3 times the price for not really any better "cooking" ability. The only one that I would say might be better is the Weber Summit.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,746
    Options
    rowmsu said:
    how the hell did they get rust inside the grill. I call BS.
    the girl demoing  it had a 20 year old grill, those grills had porcelain coated steel grids that eventually rusted
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    my BGEs are rusting like mo-fo's on the bands.  ...and the screens are totally gone.
    Options
    This is close.

"You could make an argument for KJ at least being as good, maybe better. Kamado Komodo is probably better, but it is 4 times more expensive."
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    The notion that representation of political districts should be based upon total population count, rather than upon voting age citizen count.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    CR hates the BGE, they always have. Probably because the loser scum reviewing them cant afford to buy one for themselves. 
    I never thought about this, but I think you're exactly right.  This explains why they always have Mercedes Benz at the bottom of their car ratings too.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    CR hates the BGE, they always have. Probably because the loser scum reviewing them cant afford to buy one for themselves. 
    I never thought about this, but I think you're exactly right.  This explains why they always have Mercedes Benz at the bottom of their car ratings too.  

Just might be the case. You never know.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    my BGEs are rusting like mo-fo's on the bands.  ...and the screens are totally gone.
    Mine too, paint on the nest has gotten bubbly from the rust just from 5 years of Austin.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The barge I’m on caught on fire. Doesn’t get much dumber than that. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options

Ya I know I just can't quite square it with the $1300 KJ coming out on top.  Something just isn't adding up.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I was a victim of a pig attack on my foot. Actually felt his mouth on my toes as I pulled away. Pig (Walter) is a pet of a neighbor. He was crossing the street (at a pokey rate) as I was walking up. He had done his business and headed back to his owner. I stopped to let him cross, when he stopped and approached me. He sniffed my foot from about 8-10 inches away, and then lunged. No injury from the pig, but pulled my hamstring with my quick movement of my leg. I figure I had spilled / dropped something on my foot preparing eating dinner. You can’t make this $hit up. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yawn ...whatever. WRAL is a mere shadow of the station it once was. I know several of the past and present on air personalities, besides issues with facts they have major personnel issues. As fars as CR, do not even consider them as a source anymore.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Ya I know I just can't quite square it with the $1300 KJ coming out on top.  Something just isn't adding up.  
    One of the problems with consumer reports is they don't always use criteria that is rational to the product.
    But I would like to see a side by side by side comparison of how a Vision Grill looks after 20 years. Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lot's of people feel the KJ is a better deal. I personally don't. All in for my Large EGG(incl/ PS, Grid Gripper, Nest, Charcoal, and Starters)plus the CGS store PSWOO and Extension shelf I was around $1,350ish. Unless I've missed something the KJ doesnt cook any better than an egg. But the idea that a Chargriller Acorn is "better" than the Egg should tell anyone all they need to know about this CR Review.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    One of the problems with consumer reports is they don't always use criteria that is rational to the product.
    But I would like to see a side by side by side comparison of how a Vision Grill looks after 20 years. Ha Ha

Well my brothers Vision Kamado has been under a Cover and sitting underneath a carport and started rusting after about 6months. So there is that one small sample.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    My Craigslist posting under the free section.

My title for the ad: 203 FREE MEALS

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,647
    Options
    @WeberWho better save that for the next election, well the one after the next.  Also buy up some AOBC an RGR while its on sale!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    SGH said:

At least there is plenty of water around to put it out.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    I was a victim of a pig attack on my foot. Actually felt his mouth on my toes as I pulled away. Pig (Walter) is a pet of a neighbor. He was crossing the street (at a pokey rate) as I was walking up. He had done his business and headed back to his owner. I stopped to let him cross, when he stopped and approached me. He sniffed my foot from about 8-10 inches away, and then lunged. No injury from the pig, but pulled my hamstring with my quick movement of my leg. I figure I had spilled / dropped something on my foot preparing eating dinner. You can’t make this $hit up. 
    Should’ve had an AR, hog attacks are on the rise!
    Image result for rambo gif
    Options
    Does your neighbor know you are an owner of the worst kamado (according to CR) ever made and a purveyor of fine pork cuisine?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Botch said:
    SGH said:

Yikes, hope you guys got it under control!
    I blame the Iranians.   
    Prolly the Kenyans - thanks a lot Obama.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Americas Test Kitchen / Cooks Illustrated has always trashed the BGE and lump charcoal. 

Weber kettle and gasser always wins......gotta apparently to the people they want to sell magazine to I guess.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Pretty Ballsie to do this in a ultra liberal college town

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!