Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today is the day I get my independence back!!

Options

Comments

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I wish you a speedy recovery.  Thoughts and prayers have been sent.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Hope all goes well!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Update on Ryan, this is his wife Marci.  Surgery ended at 5pm he is on the vent for the night.  Some issues with rating of a membrane on the nerves, so had to has a blood patch.  Also on the anterior or front portion of the surgery the vascular surgeon has to stop a bleeding major vessel.  Hopeful things went well and we will be of the breathing machine tonight.   

He wanted me to update you, as he loves this group of people and your support of Norah Grace. 
    Thank you for the update!  Hoping the recovery goes well.  What has @ryantt asked Norah to make for his recovery meal?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    glad to hear it's going well
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Praying for you ryantt. You're surely one of the good guys in the world. 
    Gittin' there...
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Best of luck @ryantt - praying for you and the gang!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Thanks for update..  prayers for you all
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ryantt said:
    He wanted me to update you, as he loves this group of people and your support of Norah Grace. 
    And we love him in return. We are all keeping him in our thoughts and prayers and hoping for the very best. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,770
    Options
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    Prayers and best wishes for easy breathing through the night and a speedy recovery.  Looking forward to pics of Norah Grace’s first post op egg cook!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ryantt said:
    Update on Ryan, this is his wife Marci.  Surgery ended at 5pm he is on the vent for the night.  Some issues with rating of a membrane on the nerves, so had to has a blood patch.  Also on the anterior or front portion of the surgery the vascular surgeon has to stop a bleeding major vessel.  Hopeful things went well and we will be of the breathing machine tonight.   

Now that is quite a statement of what this forum can mean/do. Thank you for the update and we are all pulling for @ryantt.  With you doing the heavy lifting he is a very lucky man.  And we all know the banquets Norah Grace is waiting to cook. 
    Hello @The_Buffalo- please see above.  Great people graze here-perhaps ease up on the shackles at least for Friday nights (EDT).
    THIS
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    Good luck in your recovery. Thanks for taking the time to update. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Cheers to a speedy and complete recovery!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Welcome back to the world and the Egghead forum, @ryantt !
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    All the Best to your surgery and speedy recovery
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Welcome to the other side.  Here's to great recovery  and in quick time.  Thank you for the above post.  That is forum dedication right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Speedy recovery and kudos to your wife for the update!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Thanks for the updates - thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and an awesome recovery meal.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    On to recovery!! Get healing and back on your feet!!! Thanks for the updates!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @ryantt
    Im thankful to hear all went well my friend. Wishing you a very speedy recovery. All you need now is a little bit of Miss Norahs cooking instead of hospital food and you will be just fine👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Glad to hear all went well Ryan, and welcome back. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hang in there buddy.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and get to chow down on Chef Nora Grace's grub soon.
    Options
    Consider kratom if you have pain problems you want to manage.  Much less addictive than opiates and less brain fog.  Legal in Ohio...for now.  It's a tree leaf from Asia, been used for millennia.  It's helped me out through some knee and back pain.
    Options
    Good luck!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV