Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now?

Options
123457»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

It was a joke and not even a mean one or directed at anyone in particular. I thought it was funny.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options

@GrateEggspectations I am not sure why I was grouped into your apology, I read @ryantt post and also did not pick up on the passing of a forum friend.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

He was a good dude. I still wear one of the t-shirts he sent me.

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options

@YukonRon I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Sweet Baby Ray's indeed!

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2019
    Options

Badinfluence was a great forum member, great guy. Had the largest egg collection I've ever seen outside a dealership. Trucking business most of his life I believe.

Went into catering with a food truck. Worked himself to the bone, kept at it.

Looked 10 years older than he was, might have been used to stronger-than-caffeine stimulants (or just genetics and drive) and worked long and hard hours.

I remember he and I did a spice exchange once, sent me a great brine kit with a big plastic container, never knew about them before that.

We crossed hairs a few times because we're on the opposite sides of the political spectrum, but he didn't get involved much, but when he did...hello Mr Hyde. I don't judge people based on their beliefs, so no judging here. Just trying to be honest and respectful. Fart jokes, IMHO aren't disrespectful. Unless someone dies from a fart.

So RIP, @badinfluence -- we will miss you, brother.

Options

Hey, @grateeggspectations looks like you lost a troll flag!

@nolaegghead @The Cen-Tex Smoker : Thanks. I thought it was worth a minor chuckle, if somewhat juvenile, because I literally read the handle that way when I saw the name. Must be the way we read according to letter combinations, with the “ence” at the end prompting the thought. Perhaps some assumed that I knew about BadInfluence’s passing and was making light of this.

@alaskanassasin : I thought you had originally reacted to the post.