Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: hmmm...thank you officier : OT

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    IRS= In Range Shoot
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I thought they were kinder and gentler? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    dharley said:
    My local Social Security office also has an armed guard at the front door.  You get a number from him and then sit in the waiting room till they are ready for you.  
    In Kansas!?!
    Crazy is everywhere 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    My local Social Security office also has an armed guard at the front door.  You get a number from him and then sit in the waiting room till they are ready for you.  
    Same here, but no confrontations. Then again, I've only been to SSA twice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options
    Been to ssa once and the guard didn’t even look up from his phone.  He must of sized us as a non threat coming through the door
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yeah there has got to be more to the story.. unless Ron had a mask on or something..
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Even I no that ain’t the way you spell pig.
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Scottsbluff Nebraska. We have an IRS cop.  One day she made me go back to my truck and leave my knife that folds and clips on my pocket 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just to make a long story short my career was as a "bean counter" so for 55 years now I have done my own taxes...no Turbo tax or any other crutch because sometimes I find it a challenge.

Today I needed a couple forms for a client rather than use the forms on the IRS site. I went to our local IRS office for those forms. Just as soon as I walked in some "Johnny Law wannabe" with a shaved haircut and top knot told me to stop! I said...huh??? He said "I told you to STOP! Why are you here?" At first I was dumbfounded, but said "to get some forms and I pointed at the wall where they have been for years! Even before I got my reply out he already had his hand on his pistol!!! 

I said "you're kidding me?" He said, No - this is now standard practice."

Guess I should sleep tight tonight knowing some skin head armed with a pistol and an IRS badge will be protecting us taxpayers from picking up blank forms at the "helpful IRS" office! 
    That’s a really weird F-ing experience 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    edited March 2019
    Options
    IRS office in Austin is surrounded by fencing topped with barbed wire.  Big, big processing facility.

Haven’t noticed any skinhead cops though.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    lwrehm said:
    bgebrent said:
    One more reason to carry.

Be careful, if AOC aka "THE DITZ" has her way you will NOT be allowed to "carry".
    Sounds legit!
    Totally!  Won't be able to eat beef anymore and I'll probs have to turn my diesel in.  Currently I am able to keep a bin of coal burning in the bed at all times, GBA!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Legume said:
    IRS office in Austin is surrounded by fencing topped with barbed wire.  Big, big processing facility.

Haven’t noticed any skinhead cops though.

Does that keep the airplanes out?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    some dude did fly his plane into an IRS office...
    Options
    What's a skinhead cop?
    Options
    MAGA hat wearer or somethin?
    Options
    Game wardens can search your deep freeze without a warrant.
    Seriously? A deep freezer? Outside or inside your house?  Only thing that seems rational there is that outside it may fall under some sort of plain sight exemption?
    They can enter and search your entire house, car, garage, and property without a warrant.  They have tremendous power.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I bet Jorts were involved

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Are you sure you weren't at Big Al's?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Seriously? A deep freezer? Outside or inside your house?  Only thing that seems rational there is that outside it may fall under some sort of plain sight exemption?
    They can enter and search your entire house, car, garage, and property without a warrant.  They have tremendous power.
    Do you have case law for that by any chance? Not trying to be a smarta$$. Just curious. I have never seen the Game Warden Clause to the 4th Amendment. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Fish cops 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nobody enters my house or freezer without a warrant on invite
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    some dude did fly his plane into an IRS office...
    True- that was an off-site office building that housed some IRS offices. That dude was nuts. Lit his own house in fire, tried to kill his wife (if I remember right)  and flew his plane into an office building. He died. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Do you have case law for that by any chance? Not trying to be a smarta$$. Just curious. I have never seen the Game Warden Clause to the 4th Amendment. 
    Maybe you give up that protection by registering for a license?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Anyone tries to open my freezer without a warrant, they'll end up in said freezer..
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Image result for 1040 form

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited March 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Anyone tries to open my freezer without a warrant, they'll end up in said freezer..
    With some favas beans and a nice chianti?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options

https://www.fws.gov/policy/445fw1.html

Under certain circumstances, there are exceptions to the warrant requirements for some types of searches and seizures. Other types of lesser intrusions do not require probable cause. We describe these circumstances in sections 1.15 through 1.25 of this chapter.

The Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972. This statute authorizes Service officers to search with or without a warrant (16 U.S.C. 1377(d)

The Airborne Hunting Act. This statute authorizes Service officers to search with or without a warrant (16 U.S.C. 742j-1(d)).

The Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. This statute authorizes Service officers to search with or without a warrant (16 U.S.C. 668b(a)).

The Lacey Act Amendments of 1988 (16 U.S.C. 3375(b)):

(1) Authorizes Service officers to “…search and seize, with or without a warrant, in accordance with any guidelines which may be issued by the Attorney General . 

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Do you by chance look like Jussie Smollet?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Ok, to break this down, a law enforcement officer may not enter your home and inspect your freezer without a warrant. What these searches are talking about are warrant exception searches that have been decided by state and federal Supreme Courts. Most notably the vehicle exception. 
    In order to search a vehicle without a warrant a few things have to happen. First, the vehicle has to be readily mobile and there has to be probable cause that there are items in the vehicle that are illegal or contraband. Also, the majority of state constitutions require a good faith determination that a warrant cannot be obtained prior to the search. 
    Can FWS come onto private property? Absolutely. These are administrative searches. The point of these searches is to insure applicable laws are being followed for the public good. (I.e. hunting license checks) 
    If they came and demanded access to your home freezer without a warrant, I would hire a lawyer and await a nice settlement. 
    Las Vegas, NV