Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: hmmm...thank you officier : OT

Options
13»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,500
    Options
    Ron has pants?  
    And isn't it ironic that the only known knudist on the forum owns more overalls than the rest of us combined?  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• ehummelman
    Options
    Scottsbluff Nebraska. We have an IRS cop.  One day she made me go back to my truck and leave my knife that folds and clips on my pocket 

Same thing happened to me at DMV trying to get new tags.  So he can carry a gun and be a dickhead but I can't carry my edc knife.  I love how the gun control zealots all like to hide behind THEIR gun.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Scottsbluff Nebraska. We have an IRS cop.  One day she made me go back to my truck and leave my knife that folds and clips on my pocket 

Same thing happened to me at DMV trying to get new tags.  So he can carry a gun and be a dickhead but I can't carry my edc knife.  I love how the gun control zealots all like to hide behind THEIR gun.
    I can't imagine anyone getting frustrated enough at a DMV to stab anyone.
    edited March 2019
    Options

I can't imagine anyone getting frustrated enough at a DMV to stab anyone.
    Went to DMV to reup and get my "Real ID" recently. 
    Before we were allowed to enter the building, we actally had the ranking DMV officer give us a pep talk warning us that if we fought or were aggressive towards each other or the officers we would be arrested. Apparently there was a brawl in line the day before.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options
    they fixed our dmv, most everthing is done on line, if not theres a greeter that either sends you to the short line, or gives out a number like a supermarket deli.  i dont think ive been in there in resent years more than 10 minutes for anything, even liscense renewals are done online and come in the mail every other time which is once in ten years. now vehicle inspection stickers they went the other route, its insane
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Game wardens can search your deep freeze without a warrant.
    Seriously? A deep freezer? Outside or inside your house?  Only thing that seems rational there is that outside it may fall under some sort of plain sight exemption?
    My understanding is “anywhere game can be stored”, meaning if it was a fresh kill it can be anywhere on your property not restricted to the freezer or the fridge. Places like your 7 year olds room or closet would be exempt, but not the basement or kitchen. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    they fixed our dmv, most everthing is done on line, if not theres a greeter that either sends you to the short line, or gives out a number like a supermarket deli.  i dont think ive been in there in resent years more than 10 minutes for anything, even liscense renewals are done online and come in the mail every other time which is once in ten years. now vehicle inspection stickers they went the other route, its insane
    My last renewal a decade ago I had to go into a DMV because I didn't have a digital picture of me in their system yet so I couldn't do it online. The experience wasn't bad and didn't take too long.
    Just got my renewal form in the mail a couple weeks ago and I have the choice of renewing it online if I don't want the REAL ID license. If I want the REAL ID  version I have to go into a DMV with my birth certificate (I was born in Hawaii before it was a state so I assume they'll tell me it's a forgery and I must have been born in Kenya or someplace) and take along a few other items to help identify me. Not really understanding how a copy of my electric and cable bills really aids national security but there it is. Gotta love security theater.
    I'll probably just renew online and skip the REAL ID version. I'll just carry my passport if I need to fly.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options

@HeavyG - Before you do that, read the DMV terms of service on the web page. Our online DMV is handled thru the County Property Appraisers office. Had to read the TOS and click agree before I could renew my license the first time. A year later I was getting spammed by someone running for office of County Judge. Called Property appraisers office and was told my email was considered part of the public record as soon as I clicked the agree button. Long conversation finally resolved by going to a link to remove it from public record on that site. Only problem, every time I use the site for plates, license renewal .etc I need to find that link again. It moves so that means another call.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,459
    edited March 2019
    Options

Regarding all the benefits of the on-line state admin, are you hit with a service charge for such service?? Standard practice here is to hit you with an upcharge for using the mail-in option. On-line has not made it here yet and likely will come with a charge as the whole DMV deal is a jobs program in the land of KY jelly. FWIW-

Edit: 120 counties; population 4.7 M. Go figure!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    Options

@lousubcap - there was a charge for processing the credit card $3.00 if I remember but not for using the site. That money comes out of our 7% State sales tax. Was 3.5% when I changed residence when I left USN.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,500
    Options

I had to sit in our DMV last Friday, about 45 minutes until my number was called. I showed her the letter and the car's title, had to get a new one in my name, she handed me a 47"-long form and said, "Sign the bottom". I did, she scanned a bar code on my old title,the bar code on my unfilled form, and said, "That'll be $6". 90 seconds, tops! I got the new title in the mail today, less than a week!

As much as I bad-mouth utard, we have a good voter registration system, too. You can register to vote, with proper ID, the day of either party's primary, and on Election Day; you can also vote by mail. (love to see THAT happen in the deep south!)

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• SamIAm2
    Options

@Botch - Been voting by mail in FL for a while now, course, most folks say Florida isn't the South, just a borough of NYC.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options

@lousubcap actually, in my state (VA) they charge a $5 fee if you go to renew at the DMV office if you could have done it online instead. You also save $1 on the normal renewal fee if you renew online so it's a good deal to just stay home. :)

@SamIAm2 thnaks for the heads up but not worried about the email address thing since I have quite a few of them and the DMV will get one that I use for such government stuff.

re: current forum changes - I do like the way it helps with finding forum names by including the avatar of the users so kudos for that Sir Buffalo!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk