Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Just last night I was trying to remember the last time I had some good raccoon testicles...

You do not eat coon testicles, they are far to strong and wangy. I thought everyone new that, but my bad for not being more clear. The testicles are from a hog. There are some testicles that should not be eaten. Coon testicles definitely falls into the do not eat category.  
    For every bit of good country wisdom like this, someone had to figure it out first and then be willing to tell everyone else. I’m guessing that took generations.
    Apparently nobody passed passed on the pearl of wisdom that is 'wangy' coon balls. Hopefully Scottie will make sure nobody else has to learn the hard way.
    Wangy isn’t a description that means anything to me like sweet, peppery, etc. would, but then, I don’t need to associate that with a memory to know to stay away.
    Wang here is a slang word for your old man, so wangy is a suitably off putting description.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Legume said:
    For every bit of good country wisdom like this, someone had to figure it out first and then be willing to tell everyone else. I’m guessing that took generations.
    Ah, but those same brave souls also brought us raw oysters, so bless 'em!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Smoking up some venison gyros for my small group peeps. Got chicken breasts for those opposed to Bambi.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Smoking up some venison gyros for my small group peeps. Got chicken breasts for those opposed to Bambi.

I like this idea
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Almost done. 

• Legume
    Options
    @Dyal_SC did you use all venison or blend with beef?
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Dyal_SC did you use all venison or blend with beef?
    All venison.  Used Alton Brown’s recipe for gyro meat. Figured the venison would be similar to lamb. Using peach wood for smoke. Made the lamb version many times, and it’s on point. Thinking venison will be just as good. Guess we will see!  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Just last night I was trying to remember the last time I had some good raccoon testicles...

You do not eat coon testicles, they are far to strong and wangy. I thought everyone new that, but my bad for not being more clear. The testicles are from a hog. There are some testicles that should not be eaten. Coon testicles definitely falls into the do not eat category.  
    Apparently nobody passed passed on the pearl of wisdom that is 'wangy' coon balls. Hopefully Scottie will make sure nobody else has to learn the hard way.
    Wangy isn’t a description that means anything to me like sweet, peppery, etc. would, but then, I don’t need to associate that with a memory to know to stay away.
    Wang here is a slang word for your old man, so wangy is a suitably off putting description.
    What is old man slang for?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sitting in car, at Costco, trying to decide what I need.   I'm coming down with Bridget's cold or flu.  This will suck.
    Options
    Might as well infect a few people.  Tally ho!
    Options
    South Carolina deer seem to be CWD free (for now anyway) so enjoy your gyros.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Haven’t turned into a zombie “yet”. Lol. 

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Chicken boobs for the anti-bambi. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Duke is back at the top of the NCAA rankings.

Until Wed night....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    So what we've learned today is that @SGH has had coon nuts in his mouth ;)
    I tried then many years ago. They are not worth fooling with though. They are just to wangy no matter how you prepare them. 
    What is the definition of Wangy?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Botch said:
    Yup.  

dah fvck is clogging her barrel?  You can't use it like a crutch in the mud!!!
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Rain cork.  Army Standard Issue #1147-B.

^^^(and I'm completely full of **** here :D )

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Duke is back at the top of the NCAA rankings.

Until Wednesday night     =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Cover the end of your weapon with a condom.  Kind of ironic that it does wonders keeping the messy stuff out.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Options
    Grand Canyon tourists exposed for years to radiation in museum building, safety manager says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2019/02/18/grand-canyon-tourists-exposed-radiation-safety-manager-says/2905358002/

Typical CNN doesn’t even mention the amount of film that has been ruined over the years.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Johnson in US parlance.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Johnson in US parlance.
    @Eoin good to know when next across the pond ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Awaiting some good Champions League games today.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Awaiting some good Champions League games today.
    I'm looking forward to the two this afternoon, but I'm really looking forward to Juve/Atletico tomorrow.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    Options
    #FCBayern!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Best airport ever. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    periodontics today, during all the proding/stabbings bp read 177/102.  scheduled a dr's visit next week.  wonderful
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    Options
    Go find a dentist that can do all that w a laser.   A million times less stressful.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95