Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking and how are you preparing for the National Emergency?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    My Bug-A-Salt lost power, I guess I wore it out after I first got it.
    One of my guys got one of these last week. I'm thinking of borrowing it for a new sear method.

Elon Musks Not-A-Flamethrower - NEVER USED
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited February 2019
    Options

We sell a bunch of those in the store!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    One of my guys got one of these last week. I'm thinking of borrowing it for a new sear method.

Can you bring that to Butt Blast?  Because I’m thinking between that and a milk jug filled with oil, Nola could really provide some serious entertainment.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Making some southern style elephant ears. A little cured meat and bones, some lard and bacon grease, sausage will go in later. The cured meat and bones is from a wild hog I slaughtered a couple of months ago. 

Peppers and onions on top of the meat. 

Last but not least, the elephant ears topped off with 2 quarts of chicken stock. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Can you bring that to Butt Blast?  Because I’m thinking between that and a milk jug filled with oil, Nola could really provide some serious entertainment.
    Sure lol.....what could go wrong. I fear we will all be staying in the same room surrounded by bars before the weekend is over.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Sure lol.....what could go wrong. I fear we will all be staying in the same room surrounded by bars before the weekend is over.
    Yeah... if we're lucky.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Making some southern style elephant ears. A little cured meat and bones, some lard and bacon grease, sausage will go in later. The cured meat and bones is from a wild hog I slaughtered a couple of months ago. 

Last but not least, the elephant ears topped off with 2 quarts of chicken stock. 

Too many vegetables.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

I came very close to buying one of those, until I noticed the nozzle on the front is identical to my $32 weed burner from harbor freight.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    I began reading this thread, enjoying Nola's humor. Now I realize that he is truly prophetic. 
    The end of time is upon us in the Vegas Valley. At least it makes it easier to track the marauding hoards as they pillage upon our land. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SGH said:

Too many vegetables.
    Maybe he’s making a fiber statement.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    This song seems fitting for this thread.

https://youtu.be/9KgNaRQ_J-c
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This was a lot more fun when it was just guns and the Big Lebowski for the last 5-6 pages!!

Image result for big lebowski meme
    i so agree. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Few sick folks in the house so cheesy broccoli chicken rice in the instant pot.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options

Seriously, man?  Is this code for calling an airstrike on this thread, one which I think is actually not boring AF, relevant, engaging and keeps people here? 

Please forgive my acerbic comments but I'm sick of people posting buffalo gifs rather than just ignoring the thread and posting on some pig butt roasts.
    I don’t give a fvck Carey. It’s a joke dude. Get off your high horse. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

How was it? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Seriously, man?  Is this code for calling an airstrike on this thread, one which I think is actually not boring AF, relevant, engaging and keeps people here? 

Please forgive my acerbic comments but I'm sick of people posting buffalo gifs rather than just ignoring the thread and posting on some pig butt roasts.
    I don’t give a fvck Carey. It’s a joke dude. Get off your high horse. 
    With all due respect, for anyone who has met him, the notion of Nola being on some kind of a “high horse” is, well... that is the joke.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2019
    Options
    johnnyp said:

How was it? 
    It was better than I expected. I figured the rice would turn to mush but didn't. Also, there was half an onion in there that didn't make the pic. Family loved it. I'll do it again as I'm really digging the instant pot. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    edited February 2019
    Options
    1911Man said:

No place within 10-15 miles of me carries your charcoal. :( Plus the Ace Hardware site doesn't let me see IF the one listed actually has it or not (if they stock it). I would want to try it before deciding to change from what I've been using. Since it's already more per # than what I've been using, paying more to get a bag shipped to me just makes it a more difficult decision.

What's your ZIP?  Ace's site should let you search the closest ones.  If it says "available as early as today" that means it should be in stock.  Anything with a date means it's shipping from their warehouse with all the other stuff they're restocking that week.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/charcoal/8400772

Just click on "Find another store" under the Add to Cart button.  Enter your ZIP and see what pops up.  If none of them have, you can have it shipped to your local store for free.

They have a 25% off in-store / in-stock coupon through the end of the month (printable from the Ace home page), or also on the main page a 15% off web coupon good through the end of the day (code: FEB18).

BTW, if True Value is closer, you can order through their store as well if you're in the Midwest, Southeast, or mid-atlantic.  SKU# 249526

EDIT:  Saw your signature line......the Rocky's Ace in North Andover or Concord *should* have it (both have received bags this month).  Call them to make sure if you're making a special trip and take this coupon:  https://cdn-tp3.mozu.com/24645-m1/cms/files/d664c2b0-7e00-43ec-b7d2-8c2dc98dfb7d   True Value in your area will NOT be able to order it since we do not supply the NH distribution center yet.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @GATraveller - that looks pretty good to me.
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Nola and his “high horse”

Is Nola, or that "horse" high??

Got the 7-3/4# turkey breast section on the BGE, probe in the turkey and another for temp at the cooking grate (top position with the woo ring setup/stone). Monitoring thins from the couch so I don't have to F with it until done. Just hope it is done in time for me to switch over to grilling for dinner. I'd hate to have to fire up the gasser just because the turkey isn't done. Of course, it's my own damned fault for not getting it started earlier. But once it gets up to cruising temp, it won't take long. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Put this .338 Lapua together and shot it out to 1000 yards. Makes a great "can opener" at that distance.  Ended up selling it to a local rancher, and he told me to mark the invoice as "rodent control" so he can give to his tax preparer to deduct.  Man he must have some big rodents on his land.
    Gets expensive fast at $4-$5 each time you pull the trigger
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    1911Man said:

Is Nola, or that "horse" high??

That’s a distinct possibility.  All I know is he was feeling pretty pretty good at that point.  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    You are right!  I handload a Lapua Scenar over 92 grains of H1000. Tackdriver load that costs me just under $1/round.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Put this .338 Lapua together and shot it out to 1000 yards. Makes a great "can opener" at that distance.  Ended up selling it to a local rancher, and he told me to mark the invoice as "rodent control" so he can give to his tax preparer to deduct.  Man he must have some big rodents on his land.
    Gets expensive fast at $4-$5 each time you pull the trigger
    Heck an old basic .300 win mag is $2+ each these days. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options

Are we certain Scottie isn't out of the frame asking if that horse has nuts?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!