Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    Ok as much as a BGE nerd as I am, I'm also a Stihl nerd as well, I bought a Stihl Dethatcher attachment for my Yardboss system.
    MF-MM Lawn Dethatcher Attachment

I have no doubt this will do the trick. I just bought the power sweeper attachment for my STIHL Kombi. I turned the head 180 degrees so it would sweep toward the operator instead of away. This worked like a champ for dethatching. My son and I did my yard in about an hour. Used to take a couple days with one of those horrible thatch rakes. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Some vintage crystal champagne coupes from a local antiques centre. Spent about 2 hours looking until we found the right quality. Our son used to work at this place, so we left him to haggle for the discount.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Picked this up today for $70. Not too shabby.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Quite nice.

I am encouraged that there are folks with less self control than I. I can rationalize plenty based upon the groups posts. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

Nice Michael, I think I paid a $100 for mine.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Thinking of a permanent match but reviews suck.

Etopstech Set of 5 Forever Match, Metal Match, Flints, Camping, Bbq,emergency Fire Starter Permanent Match https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQ34U9K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_arMXBbSCEV5HN

Also want a Honda Ruckus.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Actually not me, but my wife.  She and the SIL enjoy going "boutique " shopping in Moresville NC.  You know the rich people's (nasscar, football, basketball, professional  type people) dump stuff at   good will and consignment stores.   She is really into crafts in fact she has her own room I'm not allowed in, even if I could get in!  In any event she found this.....a brother scan and cut machine.  She figured it was last years model....Not so, she paid $25 for a $300 machine!  Woo hoo.  She likes a bargain !

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    :rofl:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Pre-ordered on Amazon for Friday delivery.  Don't judge me!

PM me your Gamer Tag and I'll add you.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options

This thing is awesome. You can channel your inner Salt Bae with this blade. 
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Some very expensive hiking gear for the AT this coming March!

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    This arrived today.

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited October 2018
    Options

Tonneau cover to keep sticky fingers from running off with my scuba gear at the beach

Though that's not by truck
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Starting some holiday shopping:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2018
    Options
    z
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

Tonneau cover to keep sticky fingers from running off with my scuba gear at the beach

Though that's not by truck
    Which model did you end up with??
    LBGE
    AL
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @TideEggHead I have a 2017 tacoma that's my commuter and travel vehicle.

Got the Gatortrax matte rolled aluminum 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just bought a Blackstone cover from tspud  

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Added a new member to our family. 

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    seems it double posted. Sorry. 
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Ok as much as a BGE nerd as I am, I'm also a Stihl nerd as well, I bought a Stihl Dethatcher attachment for my Yardboss system.
    MF-MM Lawn Dethatcher Attachment

I have no doubt this will do the trick. I just bought the power sweeper attachment for my STIHL Kombi. I turned the head 180 degrees so it would sweep toward the operator instead of away. This worked like a champ for dethatching. My son and I did my yard in about an hour. Used to take a couple days with one of those horrible thatch rakes. 
    Im a Stihl nerd as well.. I have this dethatcher and its awesome (for me) I hope it works for you!
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Today, I bought an Ice house. If that makes no sense to most of you, be glad.  An ice house (Some call them, shanties) is a small portable pop up structure attached to a sled.   We dumb northerners sit in these "Ice Houses" on frozen water for about 5 months a year. We sit on frozen water staring down a 6" hole waiting for a fish to come up.  I repeat, we sit in the ice house staring at a 6" hole......
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    yumdinger said:
    Today, I bought an Ice house. If that makes no sense to most of you, be glad.  An ice house (Some call them, shanties) is a small portable pop up structure attached to a sled.   We dumb northerners sit in these "Ice Houses" on frozen water for about 5 months a year. We sit on frozen water staring down a 6" hole waiting for a fish to come up.  I repeat, we sit in the ice house staring at a 6" hole......
    Ice fishing is one of my very favorite past times.  Peace, quiet, cold, and lots of beer. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Got a new shaving soap in the mail yesterday. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Hoping to hit up @sgh for  a loan to buy this
    Image result for g5 jet
    Go with the 650...you’ll thank me later.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2018
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Hoping to hit up @sgh for  a loan to buy this
    Image result for g5 jet
    Unfortunately this is the plane that you would end up with if you got a loan from me. 

With that said, there is some real high rollers on here that has more money in their front pocket than most of us have in the bank. They could hook you right up.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.