Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2018
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Pre-ordered on Amazon for Friday delivery.  Don't judge me!

I'm more concerned that it is for Xbox. =) You should try out Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:

Welcome to the dark side my friend. Now become one with it. 
    @SGH - I've had a Merkur for about 4 months.  I saw this Futur clone for $19 bucks, ordered it, but gave it to our Brisket Camp lawyer to turn him on to DE shavers. 

@eoin Yes, SWMBO picked it up as a joke because it only cost a buck.  But I drank it, because that's how I roll.
    Options
    SGH said:

@SGH - I've had a Merkur for about 4 months.  I saw this Futur clone for $19 bucks, ordered it, but gave it to our Brisket Camp lawyer to turn him on to DE shavers. 

@eoin Yes, SWMBO picked it up as a joke because it only cost a buck.  But I drank it, because that's how I roll.
    Why only one when you can have 77?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,369
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    SGH said:

Why only one when you can have 77?

Is 77 Natties like toliet paper math? 77 Natties = 19 regular beers. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,988
    Options
    77 natties is worse than hitting rock bottom
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Snagged a 3qt sauce pot for 20% + free shipping at Williams & Sonoma...  love the newer brushed lines, which all my mirror finished pans matched. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,122
    Options
    You could go 99 pack if Nattie isn't your thing

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,881
    Options
    Where is @henapple for the PBR"s???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,732
    Options
    Probably some good advice here...

Not a felon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,122
    Options
    Legume said:
    Probably some good advice here...

Wade Boggs agrees 

Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I never thought about carrying a sharpie into a liquor store!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I never thought about carrying a sharpie into a liquor store!
    Right?  And it's much smaller than the bar code printer I lug around.  Brilliant 
     A couple 4 Tb drives for my server. Neweggg had a deal...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dammit.  Why do I drink then interwebz shop.

Just pulled the trigger on this blue angels watch.

Found a good price at 298.

I. Hate. Myself.

Options
    Options
    If you buy that watch don't count on it setting the proper time itself for much longer. The 2019 federal budget has the National Institute of Standards shutting down their time/frequency standard stations WWV/WWVH/WWVB.

WWVB is the one used by various items like clocks and watches to catch a radio signal used to set the correct time.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    If you buy that watch don't count on it setting the proper time itself for much longer. The 2019 federal budget has the National Institute of Standards shutting down their time/frequency standard stations WWV/WWVH/WWVB.

WWVB is the one used by various items like clocks and watches to catch a radio signal used to set the correct time.

Not the end of the world, but it would brick millions of consumer devices and that would be a huge PR mistake, given it only costs around 7 million a year to run that network of radio stations.
    Options
    OK, so maybe it will be the end of the world, but not because of that, but because of (watch movie Idiocracy)
    Options
    Science...bad.  But voters get what they vote for.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) FY 2019 budget request includes shutting down “NIST radio stations in Colorado and Hawaii” — in other words, WWV and WWVH. Radio amateurs, HF listeners, and others around the world routinely make use of the time and frequency standard signals, which also include propagation information. NIST said eliminating funding currently “supporting fundamental measurement dissemination” would include putting WWV and WWVH off the air for a saving of $6.3 million. The NIST FY 2019 budget request for efforts related to Fundamental Measurement, Quantum Science and Measurement Dissemination is $127 million, which, the agency said, is a net decrease of $49 million from FY 2018 levels. The Administration's overall NIST budget request is more than $629 million.
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just ordered some new shaving soap that contains Donkey Milk and Buffalo milk. Can’t wait to try it out.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    edited October 2018
    Options
    22" American force wheels and 37" Nitto grapplers and a 7" lift.  Because a 3500 is too small stock 🙄

What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,478
    Options
    dopey said:
    22" American force wheels and 37" Nitto grapplers and a 7" lift.  Because a 3500 is too small stock 🙄

Please post pics when all is installed!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    Lift is getting installed on Thursday, wheels won't be in until 11/3.  Hopefully it won't snow before the wheels/ tires are in and princess gets put away for the winter.
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Ok as much as a BGE nerd as I am, I'm also a Stihl nerd as well, I bought a Stihl Dethatcher attachment for my Yardboss system.
    MF-MM Lawn Dethatcher Attachment

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nothing, I am buying nothing. I will not go to Amazon and buy more books.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    DMW said:
    You know that's not even remotely possible. Or reasonable.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Tonight, it is true. I had three books arrive today. And I have some unread on my bookshelf. So, I must put a pause on my book buying tendencies and catch up.

Oh, and please, read. From a printed page. And from a publisher that hires editors to vet written works.

There was a decade or so where I lost my love for reading. I will strive to not let that happen again. Whether fiction (Tolkien, Orwell, Lewis) or not (Kruse, Bonhoeffer, Snyder), reading expands one's mental palette.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Tonight, it is true. I had three books arrive today. And I have some unread on my bookshelf. So, I must put a pause on my book buying tendencies and catch up.

Oh, and please, read. From a printed page. And from a publisher that hires editors to vet written works.

There was a decade or so where I lost my love for reading. I will strive to not let that happen again. Whether fiction (Tolkien, Orwell, Lewis) or not (Kruse, Bonhoeffer, Snyder), reading expands one's mental palette.
    The Japanese have a word:

Everybody should have a pile of books waiting for them. I've got dozens just waiting for baseball season to finally wrap up but I can't let that stop me from ordering more in the meantime. :)

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Just put in order for new MDX Hybrid.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx