Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

>>New Heinz Mayo<<

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I have at least five different mustards at any given time, two mayos, two ketchups.  I use what fits what I’m doing.  I’m cooking for me, family and friends, not for TV or trying to maintain a living ‘best of’ list in my fridge.

@Focker maybe you just need a mirror.  Maybe one with a big beer logo would suit you, but you need a mirror to see how often you can be such an elitist prick to people, criticizing their choices because they’re not your choices.  I know, I know, i’ve seen you post  “hey, I’m a big guy and I tell it straight and some people can’t handle that” but man, that’s not all there is.  Most people can add their opinion without chasing people away.  Personal attacks on what people post - their choices and their cooks.  smh.  You can stick with your criticism and faux-purist shtick, but man it gets tiring to see you break someone’s choices down because you think you know better and see a opportunity to elevate yourself with these black and white opinions.  Get your own blog or something, go big with that uncompromising chef bit.  It’s popular, maybe get on tv or write a few cookbooks.

And fwiw, that venison Chile Colorado was fantastic.  Not sure why you chose to call that out or what you were trying to allude to, but a great reminder that I still have plenty of that deer my son shot in the freezer and I don’t make tacos often enough.  It was strong work, bud.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1212465/venison-chile-colorado-tacos#latest
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Image result for drops mic gif
    Focker is the absolute antithesis of Anthony Bourdain.
     antithesis 
    That’s a mighty long word there my long haired friend =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    If Focker was a woodworker, he'd be the guy that buys Festool and makes pinewood derby cars and birdhouses.

Shot over!

Shot out!

Damn!

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    I don't use much mayo, but when I do, it is Hellman's (Best Foods on the left coast). I once saw a co-worker put about a cup of mayo on a hot dog - I almost yorked. Even ketchup is better than that. Or catsup. When I am feeling fancy and have a few extra minutes, I have been known to make my own. 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Who'da thunk..??
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I purchase Dukes cause it is good....and it is made here in South Carolina. Ya’ll buy use or make  whatever ya’ll want. 

#notchanging
    You’d hope somebody from SC would know it is y’all, a contraction of you all.  I don’t know what ya’ll would be.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Acn said:
    I purchase Dukes cause it is good....and it is made here in South Carolina. Ya’ll buy use or make  whatever ya’ll want. 

#notchanging
    You’d hope somebody from SC would know it is y’all, a contraction of you all.  I don’t know what ya’ll would be.
    ya’ll is a kissing cousin to y’all
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    yawl
    Image result for idiot electrocuted over again gif
    Acn said:

#notchanging
    Yawl.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    yawl
    I always preferred a ketch over a yawl.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    Acn said:

#notchanging
    Proper Southern vernacular would actually be all y'all
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited July 2018
    Ike said:
    Proper Southern vernacular would actually be all y'all
    My two brother in laws and I had a debate about this late one evening. After solving global warming and world peace we decided that it depends on the size of the group- all y’all has to be 4 or more
    Greensboro, NC
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    put your condiments on or you might make some babies
    Spooning leads to forking, so don’t forget your condiments. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Make your own mayo......

Eggs
    +
    extra light extra virgin olive oil
    +
    immersion blender
    =
    Better than you'll ever have out of a jar.
  • nolaegghead
    Funny, I love olive oil, but I hate mayo made from olive oil.  Can't explain it.

This type of mayo is the only one worth making for me, Hellman's is very neutral and fine for most uses.

Funny, I love olive oil, but I hate mayo made from olive oil.  Can't explain it.
    Maybe 'cause most olive oils is rancid and fusty? But yeah, safflower or peanut seems better to me.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179

This type of mayo is the only one worth making for me, Hellman's is very neutral and fine for most uses.

Couldn’t agree more. It concentrates the olive oil flavor and can get a bit bitter for my taste. 

I generally do something along the lines of avocado oil, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and salt. But honestly it just varies based upon the ingredients on-hand. 

An immersion blender is a game changer, but nothing wrong with a little elbow grease. Keeps my whisking arm in shape for egg nog around the holidays...
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    If you use the extra light extra virgin olive oil, you can barely taste it.

I'm with you guys, if it's the regular stuff, it's too strong for me......but the extra light tastes great.  
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Heinz ketchup. Duke’s Mayo (though blue plate will do), French’s yellow mustard. And sweet baby rays bbq if we’re going commercial, especially their honey chipotle one. Crystal hot sauce (though I do always seem to have the chiplote Tabasco on hand).
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Light EVOO is key.
    Room temp eggs help help with the emulsifying too.

Elitist stick blender stuff here folks.  Dijon, salt, apple cider vinegar, egg, oil.  

Add whatever you want from here.
    I like roasted garlic, kicking it up another elite level. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2018
    Legume said:
    I have at least five different mustards at any given time, two mayos, two ketchups.  I use what fits what I’m doing.  I’m cooking for me, family and friends, not for TV or trying to maintain a living ‘best of’ list in my fridge.

@Focker maybe you just need a mirror.  Maybe one with a big beer logo would suit you, but you need a mirror to see how often you can be such an elitist prick to people, criticizing their choices because they’re not your choices.  I know, I know, i’ve seen you post  “hey, I’m a big guy and I tell it straight and some people can’t handle that” but man, that’s not all there is.  Most people can add their opinion without chasing people away.  Personal attacks on what people post - their choices and their cooks.  smh.  You can stick with your criticism and faux-purist shtick, but man it gets tiring to see you break someone’s choices down because you think you know better and see a opportunity to elevate yourself with these black and white opinions.  Get your own blog or something, go big with that uncompromising chef bit.  It’s popular, maybe get on tv or write a few cookbooks.

And fwiw, that venison Chile Colorado was fantastic.  Not sure why you chose to call that out or what you were trying to allude to, but a great reminder that I still have plenty of that deer my son shot in the freezer and I don’t make tacos often enough.  It was strong work, bud.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1212465/venison-chile-colorado-tacos#latest
    I'll try to keep this short.

Do you even eat with your eyes?

Fantastic...at stimulating the hypothalamus.
    Just the pic of these tacos make me reach for the agua.
    Bambi was overcooked here. 
    But ya kept going, didn't ya. 

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.  Just remember, you're not the only one with snarky smart a$$ comments.
    I haven't pushed anyone away.  I would like for you to show me where?

Taking your ball, and going home to cry to Mommy gets old.  Put your big girl panties on and deal.  I take my lumps.  I suggest you do too.  Whiners are exhausting.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror.  I'm sorry my tin tackers and truck decals bother so many.  Cracks me up.  Even though there is no pinstriped Porsche owners out here, I wouldn't make fun of it.  It's actually intriguing.  You seem desperate. 

This is food, and a foodie forum man. Lol

Maybe let your boy cook the venison next time bud.  Focking up a perfectly hard earned cut of quality meat does bother me.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    Brah, brah!  Git yur whining Brahs off the brah superhighway of eye eating, brah!
    edited July 2018
    I'm gonna need new pants after all of the nippin'.

It's worth it though.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    Fock, were you joking when you posted those pictures....like, if you didn't eat with your eyes, this sh!t tasted great?