Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Purchases that last a lifetime

Options

Comments

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mercedes 240D with 4 speed stick shift...,automotive cockroach...
    That was my first Benz which I treated myself to for kicking a 3 pack a day habit of Marlboros. Some buddies at first ribbed me for buying a deisel let alone a stick shift Benz! All that scoffing/ribbing ended when I showed the mouthy ones by leaving rubber peeling out of a golf course! 

Oh how I wish I had hung on to that car.
    Bulletproof car.  I own two, one with 300k miles on loan to a buddy who is having a hard time and the other started life as an auto but is in process of being converted to 4 speed.   30 of more mpg, safe as a bank vault, robust drive train, dead simple to work on and a really cool car to cruse around in
    Go to www.mercedesmotoring.com.   JG Francis is a skilled craftsman who makes great 123 chassis cars into perfection
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    My Dad had a Colt M1911 A1 in .45 ACP.  The Parkerized  finish makes it green. Its beautiful.  When he came down with Alzheimers, but was still at home, I grabbed it because Alzheimers can make sufferers violent.  Smart move on my part.  After my Dad was taken to a home, my brother asked me where the pistol was.  I figured he knew it was worth a few dollars.  I told him I grabbed it to keep everyone safe.  My brother, a devout anti-gun sort, said he wanted it.  Why I ask.  So I can turn it into the cops says he.  I laughed in his face.  A couple of weeks later, he had my Mom ask about it.  She said she thinks we should turn it over to the cops.  I think I can count on one hand the times I've defied my Mom.  I told her the pistol was now mine and that's the end of it.  I'll never get rid of it.
    I like the way you think.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I can say from recent personal experience that a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan WILL NOT last a lifetime. 
    That's a straight up PIMP ride though. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I can say from recent personal experience that a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan WILL NOT last a lifetime. 
    That's a straight up PIMP ride though. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgk_6QMjVdQ
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    J_Que said:
    Just picked up a blanc creatives hand forged skillet. Should last a lifetime and then some. 

Nice craftsmanship.
    At $300 for one large 10" skillet, it should.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Bump, because I liked this thread. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    If I could retire/eliminate a thread I would.  Great post @Jeremiah
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    A Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Telecaster, Lie-Nielsen hand tools, All-Clad cookwear, a Buck knife, an engagement ring (if you behave). 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Glock 27.  Personal protection daily carry  at its best , though I would recommend the 9mm 26 at this point . Low maintenance , high reliability guns. 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

stick a GPS tracker on this one...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    @northGAcock Is that the model with wheels or the one with legs?
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Legume said:
    Rubber grommets for feet. No wheels. The Honda 2000 is being upgraded in the new models to 2200 watts. 200 extra watts for free (I mean the same price)

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Legume said:
    Rubber grommets for feet. No wheels. The Honda 2000 is being upgraded in the new models to 2200 watts. 200 extra watts for free (I mean the same price)
    Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that your generators tend to grow legs...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Legume said:
    Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that your generators tend to grow legs...
    prolly right....but there are these.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Glad you replaced it. I certainly will do the same when/if mine goes missing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I would leave yours in Kentucky. I think there is a generator theft ring here in S.C. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I would leave yours in Kentucky. I think there is a generator theft ring here in S.C. 
    I was wondering why I keep finding them so cheap on the Columbia craigslist..
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Teefus said:
    A Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Telecaster, Lie-Nielsen hand tools, All-Clad cookwear, a Buck knife, an engagement ring (if you behave). 
    Another Lie-Nielsen user!  :triumph:

Musical Instruments are funny.  String and wind instruments generally hold their value (excepting pianos), but electronic keyboards (my major axe) are basically computers and depreciate as such; I have several $2,000 keyboards that I could possibly get $100 for, today.  On the other hand, like computers/phones, a single cheaper unit can do the job of several of the older 2K units, and weigh a hell of a lot less!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    A circa 1970's dome tent from LLBean.

Impossible to destroy. I have done some stupid things that should have had that tent in the trash a dozen times over.

The newer domes are lighter, as well as, technically much better built (of which I have several), but the Old "Beaner" has been a durable great tent which we have passed down to the children.  

They get a kick out of it when others call them "old school" or "retro" when they go camping with friends.

That tent has seen the world. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    edited August 2018
    Options
    124 Chassis.   as long as you keep the oil changed it will run forever.  inline six gasoline. wish it was diesel but the gas version needs a head gasket every 100K miles     indestructible car though...  and since rust doesn't exist in arizona unless someone brings it here from elsewhere, this corrosion free body remains rattle free and tight....
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    124 Chassis.   as long as you keep the oil changed it will run forever.  inline six gasoline. wish it was diesel but the gas version needs a head gasket every 100K miles     indestructible car though...  and since rust doesn't exist in arizona unless someone brings it here from elsewhere, this corrosion free body remains rattle free and tight....
    Very nice, just replaced one like it with a w210.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Guns dating back to my Grandfather's early years, many knives pre WWII and some from WWII, Several quality cutlery pieces, cutting boards, here's one for Scottie @SGH a 1945 straight razor (family heirloom) that I have full intentions in stropping back into shape. Too many CI & carbon cookware pieces to mention .All of these things should be worthy of passing on to family as they were to me. Oh yeah...and my eggs .
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Any quality pot or pan, sans non-stick teflon, will last for generations. 
    Options
    @frazzdaddy

Any Benz wagon is beyond cool.   At first I didn't like 210 wagons but I've seen some light aftermarket lamb tuning and I've seen some really nice ones...

This one for some reason attracts the attention of women,   I can't figure out why but I get more ladies telling me what a beautiful car it is than the previous 107 SLs I've had or the 126 coupes.  My standard reply is that its safe enough to be dangerous....that always gets em!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My mom got a Benz wagon - used to be the shop vehicle for road-side assistance - because my brother worked for Benson Mercedes in SA.   Got it, few years old, ton of miles, maybe 150K, for pretty cheap.  Looked brand new.  She drove it until it had over 300K on it.  Granted, needed some commensurate service that my brother did for free.  But they made/make some good cars.  And they experimented with cost/quality and failed with the kompressor in the early 2000s. 

Options
    @frazzdaddy

Any Benz wagon is beyond cool.   At first I didn't like 210 wagons but I've seen some light aftermarket lamb tuning and I've seen some really nice ones...

This one for some reason attracts the attention of women,   I can't figure out why but I get more ladies telling me what a beautiful car it is than the previous 107 SLs I've had or the 126 coupes.  My standard reply is that its safe enough to be dangerous....that always gets em!
    I've had many, (Mercedes not women) loved them all. I have always preferred the wagons and the ML's. I was able to drive on the original off road course at the Bama plant in 98. The punishment they could take on that course was amazing.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My mom got a Benz wagon - used to be the shop vehicle for road-side assistance - because my brother worked for Benson Mercedes in SA.   Got it, few years old, ton of miles, maybe 150K, for pretty cheap.  Looked brand new.  She drove it until it had over 300K on it.  Granted, needed some commensurate service that my brother did for free.  But they made/make some good cars.  And they experimented with cost/quality and failed with the kompressor in the early 2000s. 

LOL. I see a healthy debate in our future, maybe over beers at the next Butt Blast
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.