Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Got a nice thunderstorm rolling thru. I should be in the garage. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Bought the kids a Nintendo Switch... will probably be up all night playing Mario Kart so I can whip 'em tomorrow at game night. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Bought the kids a Nintendo Switch... will probably be up all night playing Mario Kart so I can whip 'em tomorrow at game night. 
    I spend way too much time playing Mario Kart 8.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Found some great wines in Lodi, private labels, small batch, less than 1200 cases, total, made each year. These wines are sold before they ever get into the bottle.
    Also found a great butcher shop in Lodi. If you ever visit, and have access to a grill of any sort, I strongly urge you to visit Lockeford Meats and Sausages. We got two Tri tips, 5 pounds of sausage ( Italian, Andouillie and Hawaiian along with Smoked Teriyaki meat sticks), from their selection of 20 fresh varieties. We were in there for an hour, and no less than 30 people were in line at any one time.
    You have to visit this place, it is phenominal.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    nothing like meat service 
    nothing like meat service 
    What did you think of the place?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ron, haven't been there, but checked out their stuff online, and it looks like an exceptional butcher...hard to find them nowadays.  And reasonable prices.
    Now the previously rosy 11 PM power restoration (that was totally missed) has been adjusted to 8:30 AM today.  I am fueling up the generator and declaring victory for the evening.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Ron, haven't been there, but checked out their stuff online, and it looks like an exceptional butcher...hard to find them nowadays.  And reasonable prices.
    I have to agree. Everything purchased was less than $60.00. I have been told it is not unusual to see a line out the door, past the sign the lady is standing in front of, and around the corner, on weekends.This is one of my lab techs, he bought about 20# of different varieties of sausage, each link is about a pound or so. He, just as I, have slavic heritage, so sausages for meals is in our DNA.
    Our client, which you would have enjoyed meeting, fabricates grape agriculture equipment, specific for wines. He also buys equipment from Australia and has it freighted back to Lodi, to retro fit with his farm implements, and ships them all over the world.
    He also builds and buys used industrial food processing equipment. One of his most lucrative customers, (out of 1000s) is a major soup manufacturer.
    That was his antique D2 Cat I posted previously. He is a genius, cool dude, and reminded me of you.
    I will be developing an anti microbial coating for his work.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    DuckDogDr said:
    Unwinding after a productive day...finally put the top on my TV cabinet..until now I've had less than $35.00 in it. Its built with scrap lumber from construction waste in my buddy's neighborhood.  Decided to upcycle further and go with granite 

Also happy to report Cache is getting more and more like himself..
    He's been getting in his favorite spot and sleeping vs up and down all night. Also started the transition back to normal food.

Glad to see Cache is feeling better. It is great when they recover, and get back at being the best part of you.

Beautiful work on the media cabinet. Love the idea of the slab.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Have fun in Lodi, @YukonRon.  That market has been there forever. It’s a cool little place. Every time we visit my grandparents my dad swings in there and picks up food. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Have fun in Lodi, @YukonRon.  That market has been there forever. It’s a cool little place. Every time we visit my grandparents my dad swings in there and picks up food. 
    Your grandparents live out here? Very, very nice. I may be spending some time out here this year, while we build our lab.I will hit this place up frequently while here.

It is a very cool place. The folks behind the counter , and in the back, were working their butts off.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Glad Cache is doing better, @DuckDogDr .
    That granite top on your TV stand is beautiful.  I would like to use a similar material when/if I build my Egg table.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Drooling:

Thanks for the invite.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    Anyone know where I can find the Google?
    I'm right here
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Watching Duke’s 3D laser metal printer in action:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Butt Blast on the way!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Searching the forum for the best way to cook a 1/2" Ribeye  ;)   Happy Friday!
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Very Nice...got introduced to this place years ago by my Aunt & Uncle who lived in Atlanta.  Love their onion rings.  Good Times!
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • YukonRon
    Trying to figure out how to get all this wine back home on my flight tomorrow.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    YukonRon said:
    Easy, drink it all just before going through security at the airport.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Easy, drink it all just before going through security at the airport.
    I know there is a suspicion amongst the Eggers in this forum that I have issues.
    It will take a far better man than I, to consume all of this wine,  prior to boarding at 0630.
    Maybe if I start immediately after work.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    YukonRon said:
    USPS. You already have my address. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    USPS. You already have my address. 
    That’s boxed wine I can handle...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I had 4 bottles of German whites to bring home with me, they packed it in a four-pack box, tied it, and even "braided" the cord on the top, forming a somewhat more comfortable handle.
    Still, after lugging that damn thing thru 4 or 5 airports by the time I got home, my fingers were toast; never again.
    Thanks to 9-11, it never will be, again.   :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure