Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most embarrassing trip to the doctor.... the rest of the story....

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
Well well well ladies and gentleman. The previous story may have been sunk....but there is more to this story. For you newbies.....http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1212409/most-embarrassing-trip-to-the-doctor/p1

• Over the weekend my pain returned and I made the assumption that I had developed another cyst in the crack of my butt. Apparently, if you have them more than once, they look at alternative solutions to remove hair and thus reduce the risk of the ol butt cyst. Wife has been requesting of me to do some man scapping....but don't think the back side is what she was referencing. 
  • Yesterday there is a growing level of discomfort and the wif checks it out for the first time (in almost 6 weeks). Its Mothers day, and she were not too happy with my gift that just seems to keep on giving. (She should have been a doctor instead of an art teacher though). Hell I could prob be retired by now.
  • Ms. northGAcock takes a good look into the depths of the crevices known as Robins big ol butt...and determines that there is some inflammation. There is the appearance of a bump of sorts, but appears to be the old wound has turned purple or bruised looking
  • Today (being Monday) I get up and my boxers (that is what i wear in case you are wondering) are all wet on the back side. I realize this when i turn to sit on the bed before standing up.
  • Well low and behold, the bump / abscess had popped at some point in the night. It had drained (I'll spear you the details)....and I was now dropping blood. I took a shower and retreated to my old routine of cramming gauze soaked in peroxide in to the crack of my butt. 
  • Wife confirms that it is in fact the same wound and not a new one....which I guess is a relief......or maybe not. Come to think of it, ain't got a clue what to think of it other than this $hit is back.
  • I am now back in the market for more gauze dressing and peroxide. You might all want to consider purchasing stock into these products. I am using the Wallgreens 4-Ply dressing. 
  • I called the doctors office and left a long message for the doctors nurse. I had to leave my name, phone number, date of berth and a detailed message on what I was calling about. Can you imagine the job of listening to that **** all day?
  • The Doctor's office called around 2:30 this afternoon.....and apologized for my still having this problem. I had to explain that I didn't have this problem for about 4-5 weeks...butt i need it to go away permanently.
  • Well they called me in some antibiotics and have me coming in on Wednesday for a look see.

I know you all have been on the edge of your seats since the old thread was sunk....and so here is a new one so you can keep up with the new developments. I am most certain there will be some pending humor, embarrassment, stupidity and general all around inconvenience.  More to follow as it unfolds.

Robin
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Not happy that this "PITA" has resurfaced, but happy that you are able to find some humor in it. 

This can't be pleasant. Hoping you will be rid of it soon. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    What a pain in the ass. Pun intended. Get well soon my friend. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    It went away just you could enjoy Blasting said Butt.  No it's there again. Just so that we ensure you've done your due diligence.... There wasn't a semi decomposed crawfish stuck in there, right?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    thetrim said:
    It went away just you could enjoy Blasting said Butt.  No it's there again. Just so that we ensure you've done your due diligence.... There wasn't a semi decomposed crawfish stuck in there, right?
    I don't think so....but it did not smell good....I will say that.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Yeah...you’re gonna need to find a tent to sleep in this weekend. #nobuttbleedinginmycamper
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    I am thinking if any of you out there have fell on hard times and will be unable to cook at the North Georgia Eggfest......I could use your cooking area and set up a peak-a-boo viewing. Maybe $10 a look see?

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    I am thinking if any of you out there have fell on hard times and will be unable to cook at the North Georgia Eggfest......I could use your cooking area and set up a peak-a-boo viewing. Maybe $10 a look see?
    If you’re going to pay people to check out your crackhole-cysts you’re gonna need to pay them a lot more than that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    If you’re going to pay people to check out your crackhole-cysts you’re gonna need to pay them a lot more than that.
    I was about to say. I usually get paid more than $10 bucks for something like that. Not much more than $10, though.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I was about to assk how this was going.

That's terrible buddy. I hope you can get some relief soon! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Anyone mention 'pilonidal cyst/abcess'?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Robin, so sorry for your current situation. I am hoping the meds will get your backside back in shape. 
    Tell Party, we feel her pain and understand the struggles she deals with on a daily, no wait, a minute to minute situation.
    Get well soon, hoping for the best.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    I usually get hungrier after reading through the posts on this forum and then light the egg for a snack.  I should bookmark this one to balance out my food cravings...  just gross man!   (But hope you feel better!) 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Robin, have you met with a wound/ostomy nurse? They can make the best recommendation for healing. Also, hydrogen peroxide can damage healthy tissue and delay healing, so unless you were specifically told to use it(in that case, follow the doctor's order), I'd recommend just using normal saline or using the saline to dilute the H2O2. 
  • northGAcock
    Robin, have you met with a wound/ostomy nurse? They can make the best recommendation for healing. Also, hydrogen peroxide can damage healthy tissue and delay healing, so unless you were specifically told to use it(in that case, follow the doctor's order), I'd recommend just using normal saline or using the saline to dilute the H2O2. 
    A surgeon performed the procedure last time. I will defiantly take this question with me on Wednesday when I return.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Robin hate to hear of your Flare Up....  Hope you find quick relief....  Question I have is did someone re-infect you at Butt Blast?  Just trying to help........
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2018
    I do feel bad for you and hope you get better soon but man I didn’t need to read all that.                                      

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Sorry buddy, if you would have gotten Party those diamond earrings she probably would mind looking at your backside....just saying....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • caliking
    I’m thinking it’s going to take more than diamond earrings at this point...

• Sandor181
    Sandor181 Posts: 4
    Thank you for not posting photos!  Hope you feel better soon!
  • northGAcock
    Sandor181 said:
    Thank you for not posting photos!  Hope you feel better soon!
    Don’t worry.....I can’t see it either.

• thetrim
    Is it more of a burning or stabbing pain?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    Burning....deffinatelly burning.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Check out Dr Pimple Popper (Dr Sandra Lee) on YouTube. I watch cyst, dilated pore of whiner and lipoma extractions before bed. But I’m weird. Still, she does say that if you don’t remove all of the cyst sac, they can return. Riveting stuff if you have the stomach for it. 

But very sorry to hear you are still having issues. Best of luck. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    pics or it didn't happen.  
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    TN_Egger said:
    pics or it didn't happen.  
    You realize Robin is a dude...
  • thetrim
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited May 2018
    Stuff like that, ear wax removal, and chiropractor adjustments are what make YouTube great
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95