Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    About to cook some thighs but having more fun drinking beer and shooting bugs
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    I am pounding some adult supervisory beverages (great weather) without consideration for the down-stream impact.  However, the quality of fuel will make for a nice landing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @ColtsFan Those things are a hoot. It entertains people for a long time.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Cooked a pork tenderloin for dinner.  No pics, so I guess it didn’t happen.

i really need to post more pics of cooks.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

The day finally came. Time to hit the streets. 
    Congrats brother!  Be safe and keep ‘em safe.  Always support the thin blue line.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Our daughters Christmas puppy is now 6 months old, so we had her "fixed" yesterday.
    Today she is wilder than a bat.
    Pupdate:
    At 6 months she can clear a 48" fence, easily. She can put her paws on my shoulders. She still has a year of growth coming at us.
    We got that going for us.
    I have had my daughters dog for over 11 years now. You too will realize, you can drop the daughters dog tag in due time. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options

YukonRon said:
    Our daughters Christmas puppy is now 6 months old, so we had her "fixed" yesterday.
    Pupdate:
    At 6 months she can clear a 48" fence, easily. She can put her paws on my shoulders. She still has a year of growth coming at us.
    I have had my daughters dog for over 11 years now. You too will realize, you can drop the daughters dog tag in due time. ;)
    She is Gawjus by the way.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    If the paleo diet is so healthy, how come the Flintstones needed vitamins?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Stay safe and take care of yourself bud.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Put up some under cabinet led stick on lighting in our new house at the suggestion of a fellow egger - what a difference.  Now drinking beer.

Waiting for the Georgia Mountain Egg Fest to get here so I can get the XL I ordered - only two of us, but why not - being retired and all.  Hopefully the properly seasoned one @piney and @bgebrent will be using. (also hopefully gently used)

If @bgebrent and myself are using it you can bet your Gator Pickles it will be broke in!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options

Congrats!  Stay safe.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Wedding gift seasoning of unmarked Wags.  Already gave them an unmarked Wags #5, that they love.  It took a few years and four towns spread through IA and IL, to put this together.  After the feedback from the 5, they will appreciate it.

And a #9 Griswold in training tonight.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• lousubcap
    Options

Congratulations on achieving your goal.  As mentioned above, stay safe and build upon the proud tradition of the force.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Focker That's a very thoughtful gift.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Focker
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Focker That's a very thoughtful gift.
    Thank you.  There's only $75 into all 5 pans.  Seasoning was the fun part. 

They enjoy using vintage cast iron, and will cherish this set.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Quick lunch....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    having one of those days

fork truck breaks down in the middle of the street carrying a full load of steel plate, road blocked for half an hour. men in blue not happy with me right now

fax machine is out of service with a paperless paperjam

email is down

mig machine smoked up on an expedited job
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    My Beautiful Wife, busted out the CI pan, grated some garlic, melted some butter, sliced the Morels, and made garlic and herb pasta, I grated the parmesian we bought at the Farmers market and crunched some black pepper:The wine:
    Find this, buy this.
    She's a keeper!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Brats, kielbasa and my first attempt at hasselback potatoes. Pretty good. And the second cook with Rockwood. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
    Pupdate:
    She is Gawjus by the way.
    I had to carry her in from the vet. That is a lot of dog at 6 months.....She was sedated, and it was like carrying a 60# bag of hammers.
    Nice work there my man! Speedy recovery....both of you!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Watching The Deer Hunter.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Wrestling with all the info regarding this loaded KY Derby field.  Will cull the herd, make some investments by Friday PM and then sit-back, relax and enjoy the show.  Once a year and quite a time around here!
    Edit:  Lone Sailor is a given.