Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My Beautiful Wife, busted out the CI pan, grated some garlic, melted some butter, sliced the Morels, and made garlic and herb pasta, I grated the parmesian we bought at the Farmers market and crunched some black pepper:The wine:
    Find this, buy this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited April 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Trying to keep up with @Ozzie_Isaac ever changing avatar...  I don't change my underwear that often!   :)
    Just haven't found the one the speaks to me yet :)
    There once was a dog...
    Who had a great tail. 
    And then Ozzie changed and it’s been...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    T-bone on the MiniMax direct and IP corn on the cob - white and mixed.
    Double IPA while I tended the meat.

"This Old Gal" recipe: In Pot add 4 Ears Corn on the Cob (or more), 1 cup Water, 1/2 cup Milk, 1 Tablespoon Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Butter, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt. I cut 5 ears in half to get them to fit better. 1 minute on high pressure, natural release. This did not suck.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Playing with sticks at the local beer brewery 

Where at?!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,133
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Trying to keep up with @Ozzie_Isaac ever changing avatar...  I don't change my underwear that often!   :)
    Just haven't found the one the speaks to me yet :)
    There once was a dog...
     That was ages ago.  You have a good memory!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    dharley said:Having an adult beverage and watching the smoke roll out.
    Okay, anyone else have a Persian rug, in their garage??  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm an idiot.  Just going to leave it at that.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Botch, that’s a Patio garage.  Get with it man.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    3 seasons room.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    3 seasons room.
    @theyolksonyou sports bar.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    "Patio garage"?!?!?  I see a driveway with a truck in it.  
    I'm prolly behind the times; here in utard we just got TVs in our gas pumps.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Playing with sticks at the local beer brewery 

Where at?!
    Badger Hill Brewery @FrostyEgg
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    edited April 2018
    Options

The snow finally melted from the front yard, got my first cut in on the weekend. now just waiting for the river to clean up, the massive ice flows to get past us, and hopefully we will get a small window of opportunity to get out on the river before the melting snow pack from the mountains hits and rivers blow out again. Some pictures of the ice flows from up river a ways from our place.

The long awaited smell of fresh cut grass and 6 months of dog sh*t getting mowed was refreshing to say the least after a long winter.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@AlbertaEgger Your pics remind me of home.  Is that the Bow, or a flooded Elbow?

Phoenix 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    blasting said:

@AlbertaEgger Your pics remind me of home.  Is that the Bow, or a flooded Elbow?

That's the North Sask between Drayton Valley and Devon (I live by Devon). People were actually out on the Bow this past weekend. As well as the NSR, but with the continuous ice flows coming through I think i'll wait. not worth the risk if a break down occurs.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Chang beer is good!

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm an idiot.  Just going to leave it at that.
    Oh c’mon. There’s a story there we all need to hear. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Awaiting the moonrise (close to full moon) at the Juno Beach Pier.  T minus ten minutes.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Chicken kabobs on the Mini Max.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Momma made a nice strawberry pie with some berries I brought back from the beach. Yum!

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Recovering from an unproductive weekend. GF came down to see the Avengers infinity war with me...about 5 miles from the house her alternator took a dump...
    She caught me red head handed with her pink tool bag. .."I think you'll be needing this"...already had it opened when I got there  :)

The next afternoon,  me and my dad set up a Martin pole ...and since I was already working on cars, decided my baby needed a bath 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@DuckDogDr  Pink tools? smh.  I actually admire your sense of humor in posting it for our enjoyment.

What is a Martin pole - is it for birds?  Looks like chimineas in the sky.

Phoenix 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @blasting ha thanks.

Yea its for a type of bird. A Purple Martin to be exact. Migrates here every year from south America. Bird is hell on a mosquito and has an even more beautiful voice than a wood duck or mallard. They migrated late this year.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @blasting ha thanks.

Yea its for a type of bird. A Purple Martin to be exact. Migrates here every year from south America. Bird is hell on a mosquito and has an even more beautiful voice than a wood duck or mallard. They migrated late this year.

my martin house is full this year, but i get these tree swallows.  do the gords work as good as the houses

Image result for tree swallows
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I need to do kabobs more often.  My wife doesn't like peppers or onions so that tends to make me shy away from them.  My older daughter likes them though, so I guess she is out number now.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Reading @BlueSmoke's (aka Ken Stone) posts starting with his first in 2001. Nice to have this available and learning interesting things. His sweet potato pie is something I will need to do. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I need to do kabobs more often.  My wife doesn't like peppers or onions so that tends to make me shy away from them.  My older daughter likes them though, so I guess she is out number now.
    easier to cook if you do all meat, then all veggies, then i do all marinared shroons. easier to cook, easier for the picky eaters

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I've learned something... There's another website where I lurk on the forum (it's where My+Pals talk+Fitness). Anyway, compared to them - folks here are kind, normal, and well adjusted... There are some messed up souls that post weird things. I understand that some eating disorders correlate to mental states - that place proves it. There are nice folks too. Has me wondering which category I fall into...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon