Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    seen guys show where he did the four sisters diner in lowell mass, great place. back in the 80's seen drug dealers here getting chased down by dominicans with uzis.  whats the love with ar15's, uzi's look way more practical. this is a really cool diner, around the corner is elliots, last hotdog place still selling deep fried dogs that i know about, its a low temp fry. worth a drive this summer

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm not a fan of frosted tips or men who get in slap fights with their hairdresser at SFO.  

My real issue with him is hes management.  He's not a cook, not a chef.  And as a manager/owner I found him terrible.  He place off Railroad Square in Santa Rosa smelled like and open sewer when I went in - it was enough to block the smell of the sushi I'd picked up to go.  Go back to my gfs place, cracked the lid and then tossed it in the trash.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    It's not hate... I just can't stand him!!!
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Anyone that increases interest in food not from a chain is ok in my book. 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Focker said:
    I thought we covered the Camaro ID last year. DARGH! Lol
    It's like Groundhog day...doomed to repeat over and over.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    edited April 2018
    Options
    GrillSgt said:

His California places didn't have chain like food, but IMO the stuff served at his NYC place could've been a tweaked version of every chains food.

/yes I realize this is fake
    Near San Francisco in California
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Nope
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Nope, I don't think that he is a world class chef either. Maybe a bit of a douche or maybe it is just an act.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I don’t love or hate the dude, I just never thought he’d see 9 pages worth of discussion on a BBQ forum, but... here we are. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Would you like him more or less if he was a lifetime NRA member and owned 10 AR-15 platform rifles?
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Must be a slow news day....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    baychilla said:
    GrillSgt said:

His California places didn't have chain like food, but IMO the stuff served at his NYC place could've been a tweaked version of every chains food.

/yes I realize this is fake
    I wouldn’t eat at one of his restaurants. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    I like him. Plus I just saw this one Instagram

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I like him. Plus I just saw this one Instagram

There’s someone missing from this pic.... 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    To be honest ...many things about hIm and the persona are annoying.but I’ll be damned he seems like a good guy who got lucky and hit it big with that persona.

ive been a long time fan of the show and watch reruns all the time.
    Seattle, WA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I don’t love or hate the dude, I just never thought he’d see 9 pages worth of discussion on a BBQ forum, but... here we are. 

But Kanye on the other hand...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    dmchicago said:

But Kanye on the other hand...

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'd rather be dropped off in Texas with a rental car to go chase authentic BBQ. Now that sounds like a dream vacation. Sitting on a ship with gas smokers doesn't do it for me. I can see the concept though.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That’s exactly what I picture a Carnival cruise being. No thank you. 
  • nate1152
    nate1152 Posts: 20
    Options
    I was at Pizzeria Lola last night - if you're ever in Minneapolis, make sure you check them out. Korean BBQ pizza will change your life.

I don't really have an opinion on Guy - I do like DDD because it showcases family restaurants, small business, etc. However, I did have to look at him all meal and had to share...

Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I am neutral. His hair and the glasses and chains is his shtick but I've heard a lot of people say in person he's a pretty nice (no pun intended) guy. I actually hate Anthony (I think I'm the greatest food critic in the history of the world) Bourdain and also I cant stand the walking phallus Andrew Zimmern

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I always liked his show.  Particularly when it focused more on true diners, drive-ins and dives.  It would lead you to some nice hole in the walls you would not have otherwise gone to.  Now it tends to be a lot more high end fusion restaurants.  Still look good, just not the same.

Guy is a character though.  Could tone it down a bit. 
    Saw this pop up a couple weeks back...

LBGE/Maryland
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    I always liked his show.  Particularly when it focused more on true diners, drive-ins and dives.  It would lead you to some nice hole in the walls you would not have otherwise gone to.  Now it tends to be a lot more high end fusion restaurants.  Still look good, just not the same.

Guy is a character though.  Could tone it down a bit. 
    Saw this pop up a couple weeks back...

With a rubber skewer!!~~
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Guy discovering this thread is somehow still alive:

That's one of my favorite GIF's ever. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    I am neutral. His hair and the glasses and chains is his shtick but I've heard a lot of people say in person he's a pretty nice (no pun intended) guy. I actually hate Anthony (I think I'm the greatest food critic in the history of the world) Bourdain and also I cant stand the walking phallus Andrew Zimmern
    Sacrilege  :angry:
    Bourdain is a god among insects. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Sacrilege  :angry:
    Bourdain is a god among insects. 

Bourdain is a stain on the shirt of an obese carny.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    The sound clip here is worth a listen:
    In defense of Guy Fieri https://www.avclub.com/stand-up-comic-shane-torres-of-guy-fieri-defense-fame-1798734074
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain