Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2018
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Gearing up for my second tour through midwest universities - next week.

Monday: Purdue
    Tuesday: Illinois
    Wednesday: IIT
    Thursday: Iowa State
    Friday: Minnesota

Five days, five different universities, five seminars.  It's going to be a crazy week.  
    You should make tour T-shirts. Like a rock band tour, but a little different vibe. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Waiting for the smoke to clear

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Five days, five different universities, five seminars.  It's going to be a crazy week.  
    You should make tour T-shirts. Like a rock band tour, but a little different vibe. 
    Yeah.  I'm still waiting for someone to throw their bra onstage while I'm speaking.  Hasn't happened yet.  Heck, I'd be happy if just a mosh pit broke out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Recipe for the pita?
    @saluki2007 recipe links below, first is for a GF AP flour mix that my wife likes better than any of the commercial ones she's tried.  everything is avail on amazon, we had trouble sourcing some of the ingredients locally. 

second link is recipe for the bread.  like many GF bread recipes, it's not really the same as the original.  It's maybe somewhere between naan and a pita, it's a thick pita, but not the kind that develops a pocket in the middle.  ok, enough, it's GF bread, you get the idea.  cooking it in the pan and brushing with garlic/onion oil made a huge difference.  most of the recipes on that site are built around that AP flour recipe.

https://alittleinsanity.com/all-purpose-gluten-free-flour-mix-recipe/
    https://alittleinsanity.com/gluten-free-naan-bread-recipe/
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Reading a study on why you shouldn't cook with foil.  Interesting.

http://www.electrochemsci.org/papers/vol7/7054498.pdf

Enjoy.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Yeah.  I'm still waiting for someone to throw their bra onstage while I'm speaking.  Hasn't happened yet.  Heck, I'd be happy if just a mosh pit broke out.  
    If you were coming to IU, I could arrange that. ;)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    Options
    F this noise

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:  I'm still waiting for someone to throw their bra onstage while I'm speaking.  

Next time you're speaking at ASU, let me know and I'll come and throw a bra onstage.

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blasting said:
    JohnInCarolina said:  I'm still waiting for someone to throw their bra onstage while I'm speaking.  

Next time you're speaking at ASU, let me know and I'll come and throw a bra onstage.

I gave a talk there a couple of years ago.  It wasn’t exactly a happy place at the time given all the cuts in funding from the State.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Anyone else think the price of this pork is a bit high?

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

But look at that marbling 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

I think that's probably close to the real price when grow your own and build out a butcher shop in your garage
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 483
    Options

Not the best pic...pork belly and beef cheeks from LeRoy and Lewis in Austin...freaking delicious 
    Austin, TX
  • GATraveller
    Options
    blasting said:

Bro or manssiere is the correct nomenclature

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blasting said:

Yeah except I really don't want either of those things thrown at me.  Thanks.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:

He didn’t say it was his bra... 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    blasting said:

He didn’t say it was his bra... 
    True.  I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

I would take it to the register and then throw a fit when your total is said to you.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

I would take it to the register and then throw a fit when your total is said to you.
    I don't think it will ring up.  No barcode.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    blasting said:

Yeah except I really don't want either of those things thrown at me.  Thanks.  
    soiled boxers and a sweaty jockstrap then =)  just putting some buttblast ideas out there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sea2Ski said:

I think that's probably close to the real price when grow your own and build out a butcher shop in your garage
    I think that’s about right although I’ve lost track at this point. @20stone hasn’t charged us for his buildout so I don’t know what his cost is, but @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @caliking may have a better handle on what it cost those of us in the back of the bus.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

did you get that from the marked down manager special section, sell date is today
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Kobe pork. Hottest thing from Japan. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Mark, you guys sure live high on the hog up thar!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Didn’t there used to be a ‘Home’ link at the bottom of each page?  Right next to the post button?  It’s a pain having to scroll back to the top of the page once you’re finished reading the thread.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 483
    Options

3 lb ribeye 
    Austin, TX