Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Going nuts starting week #3 in Tokyo on a planned one week trip.  The food is fantastic, but at some point I just want to chill with more chanells than BBC and CNN, and eat in.  I found a place that does pork "yakitori".  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    WeberWho said:

A little smoke this morning for the easter ham and chili
    Beautiful.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Happy Easter fellas. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to meet my daughter's (honest dad, this is the one) new boyfriend tonight, at dinner, cooking a tenderloin on the BGE.
    Going to hand him a 30-30 cartridge, then explain what is important.
    Wonder if I will ever see him again. Could not care less.
    Weddings are expensive....very expensive. You have the right approach.
    Our neighbors spent around $200K for their "share" of the wedding. Their kid is back at home because; "I thought he knew me, but, he just does not understand." That was in less than 6 months.
    That will not happen here. I might spring for a Bus ticket to Vegas, so they can get married by preacher that looks like Elvis, should I like the guy, but I won't.
    Wow! 200k for their "share" .... if my girlfriend wanted a 200k+ wedding I would run far and fast.  No way in the world I could maintain her expected lifestyle.

Sorry about the nightmare scenario :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Returned from church, 220 pit, 100 IT.  Thank you FB.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to meet my daughter's (honest dad, this is the one) new boyfriend tonight, at dinner, cooking a tenderloin on the BGE.
    Going to hand him a 30-30 cartridge, then explain what is important.
    Wonder if I will ever see him again. Could not care less.
    Weddings are expensive....very expensive. You have the right approach.
    Our neighbors spent around $200K for their "share" of the wedding. Their kid is back at home because; "I thought he knew me, but, he just does not understand." That was in less than 6 months.
    That will not happen here. I might spring for a Bus ticket to Vegas, so they can get married by preacher that looks like Elvis, should I like the guy, but I won't.
    Wow! 200k for their "share" .... if my girlfriend wanted a 200k+ wedding I would run far and fast.  No way in the world I could maintain her expected lifestyle.

Sorry about the nightmare scenario :)
    No biggie, just upped my meds intake.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Thanks @Focker!

You mentioned tracking down a Berkshire uncured ham a few days ago. I found one at my local Fareway and picked it up. Probably the best ham I've made yet!!!! 

Pit 275 until 140 internal, cherry for smoke. Glazed with a mixture of maraschino cherry juice, brown sugar and pineapple juice.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Cashfan said:
    Thanks @Focker!

You mentioned tracking down a Berkshire uncured ham a few days ago. I found one at my local Fareway and picked it up. Probably the best ham I've made yet!!!! 

Pit 275 until 140 internal, cherry for smoke. Glazed with a mixture of maraschino cherry juice, brown sugar and pineapple juice.

Awesome!!!!!
    These Berkie hams are a top shelf bargain.
    You're glaze combo sounds really good.
    I'm being lazy with Mexican Coke spritzes every 30 min now and just Mike's Hot Honey at the end. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Obligatory Easter Ham

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Trying to digest an Easter Brunch.  I need a nap or liposuction.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Didn’t Sandra Bullock knock the Tiangong 1 out of orbit?  Good luck and God Bless to all in the Great State of Michigan tonight. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Just heard the Naval Academy Football team will be the first NCAA team to have transgenders on their roster for this coming season.  #GoArmyBeatNavy
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    I really did fry some chicken for Easter. And then we dipped it in Korean hot sauce.  Because... why not?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I really did fry some chicken for Easter. And then we dipped it in Korean hot sauce.  Because... why not?

Awesome. Good southern fried chicken is one of my all time favorites. I would graciously pass on the sauce as I like my fried chicken straight up. But nonetheless, fried chicken automatically earns the SOP. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Dip it John...cause you can! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Stopped by my buddy's work.  Interesting training area for "RAT".  Rope Access Technician. 
    He gave me a 7mm 08 Rem.  I tried to say no... 
    Nice Carrie!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Doing some spring rolls (feel like an expert now) and SWMBO wanted me to smoke some ham.  Reduced Dr Pepper sauce...
    Somehow fat fingered the bookmark for this thread. Holy crap, don’t do that.  I feel your pain @Ozzie_Isaac
  • nolaegghead
    Jesus Christ Superstar

• Poorly played ribs and veggies. 

Now about to Egg a New Orleans win.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    Amazing start.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Just finished watching the NCAA women’s final.  Heckofa game.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike