Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,442
    Going nuts starting week #3 in Tokyo on a planned one week trip.  The food is fantastic, but at some point I just want to chill with more chanells than BBC and CNN, and eat in.  I found a place that does pork "yakitori".  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • dharleydharley Posts: 203
    WeberWho said:

A little smoke this morning for the easter ham and chili
    Beautiful.
    Second hand LBGE with New PSWOO, 36" Blackstone- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,138
    Happy Easter fellas. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,725

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,110
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to meet my daughter's (honest dad, this is the one) new boyfriend tonight, at dinner, cooking a tenderloin on the BGE.
    Going to hand him a 30-30 cartridge, then explain what is important.
    Wonder if I will ever see him again. Could not care less.
    Weddings are expensive....very expensive. You have the right approach.
    Our neighbors spent around $200K for their "share" of the wedding. Their kid is back at home because; "I thought he knew me, but, he just does not understand." That was in less than 6 months.
    That will not happen here. I might spring for a Bus ticket to Vegas, so they can get married by preacher that looks like Elvis, should I like the guy, but I won't.
    Wow! 200k for their "share" .... if my girlfriend wanted a 200k+ wedding I would run far and fast.  No way in the world I could maintain her expected lifestyle.

Sorry about the nightmare scenario :)
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Returned from church, 220 pit, 100 IT.  Thank you FB.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,204
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to meet my daughter's (honest dad, this is the one) new boyfriend tonight, at dinner, cooking a tenderloin on the BGE.
    Going to hand him a 30-30 cartridge, then explain what is important.
    Wonder if I will ever see him again. Could not care less.
    Weddings are expensive....very expensive. You have the right approach.
    Our neighbors spent around $200K for their "share" of the wedding. Their kid is back at home because; "I thought he knew me, but, he just does not understand." That was in less than 6 months.
    That will not happen here. I might spring for a Bus ticket to Vegas, so they can get married by preacher that looks like Elvis, should I like the guy, but I won't.
    Wow! 200k for their "share" .... if my girlfriend wanted a 200k+ wedding I would run far and fast.  No way in the world I could maintain her expected lifestyle.

Sorry about the nightmare scenario :)
    No biggie, just upped my meds intake.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CashfanCashfan Posts: 381
    Thanks @Focker!

You mentioned tracking down a Berkshire uncured ham a few days ago. I found one at my local Fareway and picked it up. Probably the best ham I've made yet!!!! 

Pit 275 until 140 internal, cherry for smoke. Glazed with a mixture of maraschino cherry juice, brown sugar and pineapple juice.

• FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 1
    Cashfan said:
    Thanks @Focker!

You mentioned tracking down a Berkshire uncured ham a few days ago. I found one at my local Fareway and picked it up. Probably the best ham I've made yet!!!! 

Pit 275 until 140 internal, cherry for smoke. Glazed with a mixture of maraschino cherry juice, brown sugar and pineapple juice.

Awesome!!!!!
    These Berkie hams are a top shelf bargain.
    You're glaze combo sounds really good.
    I'm being lazy with Mexican Coke spritzes every 30 min now and just Mike's Hot Honey at the end. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TTCTTC Posts: 734
    Obligatory Easter Ham

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water --  Gallatin, TN
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,110
    Trying to digest an Easter Brunch.  I need a nap or liposuction.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,802
    Didn’t Sandra Bullock knock the Tiangong 1 out of orbit?  Good luck and God Bless to all in the Great State of Michigan tonight. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,802
    Just heard the Naval Academy Football team will be the first NCAA team to have transgenders on their roster for this coming season.  #GoArmyBeatNavy
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,846
    I really did fry some chicken for Easter. And then we dipped it in Korean hot sauce.  Because... why not?

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,176
    I really did fry some chicken for Easter. And then we dipped it in Korean hot sauce.  Because... why not?

Awesome. Good southern fried chicken is one of my all time favorites. I would graciously pass on the sauce as I like my fried chicken straight up. But nonetheless, fried chicken automatically earns the SOP. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,289

Dip it John...cause you can! 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,206
    Stopped by my buddy's work.  Interesting training area for "RAT".  Rope Access Technician. 

He gave me a 7mm 08 Rem.  I tried to say no... 

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Nice Carrie!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    Doing some spring rolls (feel like an expert now) and SWMBO wanted me to smoke some ham.  Reduced Dr Pepper sauce...

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,783
    Somehow fat fingered the bookmark for this thread. Holy crap, don’t do that.  I feel your pain @Ozzie_Isaac
    Austin, TX

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 17,076
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 

• Poorly played ribs and veggies. 

Now about to Egg a New Orleans win.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    Amazing start.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,846
    Just finished watching the NCAA women’s final.  Heckofa game.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike