Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ugly Delicious

It’s a new series on Netflix about food.  Worth checking out if you haven’t yet.  Each episode covers a different kind of food.  The first one is pizza, and I just got done watching the one on BBQ.

The one on Q had Adam Perry Lang and Steven Yeun in it.  What more do you want?
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Love it watched the taco episode earlier tonight.  His season on mind of a chef is pretty great too.   I’m trying to parlay a work trip in LA at the end of the month into a trip to Majordomo.  Did momofuku and milk bar in Vegas a few times, Chang is my favorite celebrity chef right now. 
  • You are a bearded taco. 

Little Rock, AR

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Thanks John.  Will give it a look for sure.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    You are a bearded taco. 
    That was unnecessary.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    It’s a new series on Netflix about food.  Worth checking out if you haven’t yet.  Each episode covers a different kind of food.  The first one is pizza, and I just got done watching the one on BBQ.

I watched them all last week. You forgot to mention the appearance of a couple of BGE's.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    HeavyG said:

I watched them all last week. You forgot to mention the appearance of a couple of BGE's.
    Yes!  Thank you!  It’s possible I’ve had a few beers this evening.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2018

And a bunch of bge’s. APL had one 
    and Chang did too. Great show. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Watched the pizza episode and about a third of the bbq episode.  I like it.

David Chang though...  His constant opinion over the meaning of words is pretty douchy.

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    blasting said:

David Chang though...  His constant opinion over the meaning of words is pretty douchy.

I think he’s just trying to challenge conventional wisdom.  It’s a construct that allows him to get to that yakitori in a episode on barbecue.  
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Great show! I blew through them last weekend 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Thank you!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    blasting said:

I think he’s just trying to challenge conventional wisdom.  It’s a construct that allows him to get to that yakitori in a episode on barbecue.  
    I see what you did there.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894

And a bunch of bge’s. APL had one 
    and Chang did too. Great show. 
    and French's mustard on the pork he was cooking. Enjoying the show. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Those beef ribs by APL... damn.  Might have to go and find me some beef ribs today.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Great show. Good call! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    I have to tip my hat to @texaswig who put me on to this show in the first place.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Best part of Episode 4 - H Town > NOLA. 

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    I’m watching the episode on tacos now. It’s great.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    We are making fried chicken tonight after watching that episode earlier today.  
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    I couldn't make it through the pizza episode - they were ****-talking Italian pizza in the same breath as celebrating abominations like chicken pizza with BBQ sauce. FOOLS. 

If theres a bbq episode though I may have to return. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    TheToast said:
    I couldn't make it through the pizza episode - they were ****-talking Italian pizza in the same breath as celebrating abominations like chicken pizza with BBQ sauce. FOOLS. 

I don’t think you watched the episode all that carefully man.  Just sayin’
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    TheToast said:

I don’t think you watched the episode all that carefully man.  Just sayin’
    Well there was at least a tiny bit of sh!t talking in that episode - when the head of the Neapolitan Pizza Union/Guild/Mafia (or whatever its real name is) so politely trash talked former Neapolitan pizzaiolo Pepe who had strayed away from the official rules.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Chicken and BBQ sauce are two things you'll never find on my pies...
    I'm liking the show alot. It's a little food nerdy..but I like the more informative stuff. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Best line on pizza episode went something like, while you were fighting Indians we were cooking pizza. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    My wife and I just started watching this weekend and are enjoying it.  Yeah, Chang is a little pretentious but his sense of humor makes up for it. Kinda like Anthony Bourdain.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Started watching this show last weekend too.  Good stuff.  Would recommend watching Somebody Feed Phil.  It's on Netflix too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• They are all good, but I loved the one on home cooking w/ Chang's mom. 
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited March 2018
    Best line on pizza episode went something like, while you were fighting Indians we were cooking pizza. 
    Mine was something like, "If you have Domino's delivered here again, we'll be rolling around in the alley"

They are all good, but I loved the one on home cooking w/ Chang's mom. 
    That was just awesome. She was clearly very tenderhearted about David, and that relationship really showed.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX