Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ugly Delicious

JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,593
It’s a new series on Netflix about food.  Worth checking out if you haven’t yet.  Each episode covers a different kind of food.  The first one is pizza, and I just got done watching the one on BBQ.

The one on Q had Adam Perry Lang and Steven Yeun in it.  What more do you want?
"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,559
    Love it watched the taco episode earlier tonight.  His season on mind of a chef is pretty great too.   I’m trying to parlay a work trip in LA at the end of the month into a trip to Majordomo.  Did momofuku and milk bar in Vegas a few times, Chang is my favorite celebrity chef right now. 
  • You are a bearded taco. 

Little Rock, AR

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,508

Thanks John.  Will give it a look for sure.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,211
    You are a bearded taco. 
    That was unnecessary.  
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 4,942
    It’s a new series on Netflix about food.  Worth checking out if you haven’t yet.  Each episode covers a different kind of food.  The first one is pizza, and I just got done watching the one on BBQ.

I watched them all last week. You forgot to mention the appearance of a couple of BGE's.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,593
    HeavyG said:

I watched them all last week. You forgot to mention the appearance of a couple of BGE's.
    Yes!  Thank you!  It’s possible I’ve had a few beers this evening.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 17,692
    edited March 3

And a bunch of bge’s. APL had one 
    and Chang did too. Great show. 
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,508

Watched the pizza episode and about a third of the bbq episode.  I like it.

David Chang though...  His constant opinion over the meaning of words is pretty douchy.

Phoenix 
    blasting said:

David Chang though...  His constant opinion over the meaning of words is pretty douchy.

I think he’s just trying to challenge conventional wisdom.  It’s a construct that allows him to get to that yakitori in a episode on barbecue.  

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,791
    Great show! I blew through them last weekend 
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,966
    Thank you!
    Southlake, TX.  And any chance I get,  @ Cowhouse Creek - Gatesville, TX
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,798
    blasting said:

I think he’s just trying to challenge conventional wisdom.  It’s a construct that allows him to get to that yakitori in a episode on barbecue.  
    I see what you did there.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 759

And a bunch of bge’s. APL had one 
    and Chang did too. Great show. 
    and French's mustard on the pork he was cooking. Enjoying the show. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
    Those beef ribs by APL... damn.  Might have to go and find me some beef ribs today.

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,427
    Great show. Good call! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    I have to tip my hat to @texaswig who put me on to this show in the first place.

• 20stone20stone Posts: 1,481
    Best part of Episode 4 - H Town > NOLA. 

LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

I’m watching the episode on tacos now. It’s great.

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,559
    We are making fried chicken tonight after watching that episode earlier today.  
  • TheToastTheToast Posts: 253
    I couldn't make it through the pizza episode - they were ****-talking Italian pizza in the same breath as celebrating abominations like chicken pizza with BBQ sauce. FOOLS. 

If theres a bbq episode though I may have to return. 
    TheToast said:
    I couldn't make it through the pizza episode - they were ****-talking Italian pizza in the same breath as celebrating abominations like chicken pizza with BBQ sauce. FOOLS. 

I don’t think you watched the episode all that carefully man.  Just sayin’

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 4,942
    TheToast said:

I don’t think you watched the episode all that carefully man.  Just sayin’
    Well there was at least a tiny bit of sh!t talking in that episode - when the head of the Neapolitan Pizza Union/Guild/Mafia (or whatever its real name is) so politely trash talked former Neapolitan pizzaiolo Pepe who had strayed away from the official rules.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,699
    Chicken and BBQ sauce are two things you'll never find on my pies...

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,226
    I'm liking the show alot. It's a little food nerdy..but I like the more informative stuff. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 293
    Best line on pizza episode went something like, while you were fighting Indians we were cooking pizza. 
  • jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 279
    My wife and I just started watching this weekend and are enjoying it.  Yeah, Chang is a little pretentious but his sense of humor makes up for it. Kinda like Anthony Bourdain.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,794
    Started watching this show last weekend too.  Good stuff.  Would recommend watching Somebody Feed Phil.  It's on Netflix too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• CarolinaCrazyCarolinaCrazy Posts: 572
    They are all good, but I loved the one on home cooking w/ Chang's mom. 
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • 20stone20stone Posts: 1,481
    edited March 5
    Best line on pizza episode went something like, while you were fighting Indians we were cooking pizza. 
    Mine was something like, "If you have Domino's delivered here again, we'll be rolling around in the alley"

They are all good, but I loved the one on home cooking w/ Chang's mom. 
    That was just awesome. She was clearly very tenderhearted about David, and that relationship really showed.
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX