Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ugly Delicious

Options
2»

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Watched the BBQ episode last night.  Two things I noticed that I have never seen before.  First, is it common to slice chuck ribs like a brisket?  I have only seen where you slice them into individual bones.  The second was when they were sitting around in the room with Lang and you could see his eggs in their table.  Did you notice that the eggs were elevated by the plate setter?  Good use of it if you bought one and switched to CGS piece.

Also, the original 17th street bbq is legit.  It's in a neighboring town of where I went to college.  It's what I think bbq restaurant should be.  A hole in the wall bar type place that has affordable food that will knock your sock off.  We used to go there every other Friday in college.  They had $1.00 16oz bud light cans on special.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I watched the pizza/first episode last night and thought it was great. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Watched the BBQ episode last night.  Two things I noticed that I have never seen before.  First, is it common to slice chuck ribs like a brisket?  I have only seen where you slice them into individual bones.  The second was when they were sitting around in the room with Lang and you could see his eggs in their table.  Did you notice that the eggs were elevated by the plate setter?  Good use of it if you bought one and switched to CGS piece.

Also, the original 17th street bbq is legit.  It's in a neighboring town of where I went to college.  It's what I think bbq restaurant should be.  A hole in the wall bar type place that has affordable food that will knock your sock off.  We used to go there every other Friday in college.  They had $1.00 16oz bud light cans on special.
    I saw that platesetter holding the egg also.  I thought it was odd.  I would be afraid the plate setter would crack!   Also, I may be wrong, but it looked like the egg was sitting inside like a piece of furniture or sculpture.  Maybe the table was on wheels and he could role it outside when cooking. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I was just as surprised as Chang to find out Al Pastor was Lebanese. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Watched tonight really enjoyed! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

The original murphysboro location of 17th street got hit with a bunch of code violations like thawing meat at room temp and employees not washing hands. The marion location food is better. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

The original murphysboro location of 17th street got hit with a bunch of code violations like thawing meat at room temp and employees not washing hands. The marion location food is better. 
    That's too bad.  I never went to the Marion one.  I went to SIU 2003-2007.  Was it open during that time?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    Bumping this because I didn't like the pizza episode but a friend told me it's the weakest episode so I've returned. BBQ one was great - want to try that roast duck so badly! Also found it interesting the way they sliced beef ribs. 

Really love the relaxed style of the doc - very little talking to camera. No presenter tropes. Just a group of people chatting food. So yeah, I like it - will watch more 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Marion location opened in 2004,  i ate there the other night. Good stuff 

i am sitting in the siu arena for a home expo right now actually 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Chicken and BBQ sauce are two things you'll never find on my pies...
    Not my favorite, but every time I do pizzas, I cook 2-4.  At 25-50% are chicken BBQ.  Those are always the favorite of the gallery.  Again, not my favorite, but pretty damn good.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Marion location opened in 2004,  i ate there the other night. Good stuff 

i am sitting in the siu arena for a home expo right now actually 
    The very short lived Ofallon location in the old supersmokers SUCKED.  Good thing it closed, because it was a disgrace to their brand.