Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Black and I’d use Rust Reformer before painting. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not a fan of these white steel wheels. I don't mind the rim itself but the white has to go. I'd love to get some different wheels but with them being a zero offset 4.5 × 5 there isn't very much for alternatives. So I'm looking to Plasti Dip them and hide the white and give them an extra coat of protection from rust. 

Do I just stay basic with some basic black or do I go with something a little more crazy? Plasti Dip peels off when done. So nothing permanent. Just a quick mock up what it could maybe look like. Let's say Agree button for Black and Like button for Green? 

Sorry this is kind of lame. Just more less entertaining myself. 

Not the green, unless darker.  Black looks good.  You could always experiment with a 5$ can of spray paint.  Maybe a deep red or blue to tie in the gauge color.  I agree with you on the white - white rims always looks like a budget trailer sold at HD.  

Can you get spinners on a wheel that small?  Hydraulics would take it to the next level and establish neighborhood dominance.
    Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I'm just going to Plasti Dip them for now. I should have them blasted and powder coated for any real results. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    blasting said:
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not a fan of these white steel wheels. I don't mind the rim itself but the white has to go. I'd love to get some different wheels but with them being a zero offset 4.5 × 5 there isn't very much for alternatives. So I'm looking to Plasti Dip them and hide the white and give them an extra coat of protection from rust. 

Do I just stay basic with some basic black or do I go with something a little more crazy? Plasti Dip peels off when done. So nothing permanent. Just a quick mock up what it could maybe look like. Let's say Agree button for Black and Like button for Green? 

Not the green, unless darker.  Black looks good.  You could always experiment with a 5$ can of spray paint.  Maybe a deep red or blue to tie in the gauge color.  I agree with you on the white - white rims always looks like a budget trailer sold at HD.  

Can you get spinners on a wheel that small?  Hydraulics would take it to the next level and establish neighborhood dominance.
    Dang. I never thought about spinners. I should maybe get some chrome door trim on the smoker as well. Maybe a couple dragon decals for the sides of the smoker from Walmart. Maybe a big spoiler for smoker. You're onto something Blasting!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Pulled pork pizza

Did you make the dough?
    I did.  This was a batch that was probably in the fridge a bit too long, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  I still have a lot to learn about making pizza dough.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Murder it out.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm just going to Plasti Dip them for now. I should have them blasted and powder coated for any real results. 
    This. Powder coated silver would be my choice. Still in love with your smoker. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This Rose Bowl is highly entertaining.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Trying to class up 2018

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Back to the grind. -12 here this morning with -35 wind chill.... I think it's time to move south 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Come on down. It's a balmy 12
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Back to the grind. -12 here this morning with -35 wind chill.... I think it's time to move south 
    A little nippy here at 6°. 

May have to go farther south. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not a fan of these white steel wheels. I don't mind the rim itself but the white has to go. 
    Guy Fieri flames?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Come on down. It's a balmy 12
    Yep. Practically shorts weather down here.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Back to work today. Been off since Dec. 21st. I'm struggling. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    And 4 of the 8 people that work in my office have called in sick today

Time to disinfect...I had it last week

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    you guys with the flu down there, keep it down there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @ColtsFan - were the 4 college football fans...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColtsFan - were the 4 college football fans...
    LOL! No, I work for an IT company. Outside of me, they are all weird/non-sportfan types. I'm the only "normal' one here...and that's debatable 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Back to the Grind suxxx, but I am happy to have a grind to go back to!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not a fan of these white steel wheels. I don't mind the rim itself but the white has to go. 
    Guy Fieri flames?  
    If it wasn't -12 outside I'd might be trying something other than Plasti Dip for the wheels. Hydrographics really intrigues me and how the process works. I'd be lying if flames didn't cross my mind. I'm going to hydro dip something this summer because it just looks too fun not to. Maybe the smoker wheels or a Kitchen Aid mixer.

https://youtu.be/VBfVO0mM0Ro

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Last day of leave here, doing stuff around the house to get ready for the week, and we’ll go out in a little bit for a burger, shake, and The Last Jedi.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Been sitting on the Tarmac for 2 hrs and they can't decide if this plane is qualified to land at John Wayne. WTF?!  Shouldn't you know that when its scheduled?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - Unfortunately you are expecting too much these days.  Not too much for someone to figure out (actually should be programmed) before assignment.  Good luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Good luck to both Alabama and Georgia in next week's National Championship Consolation Game.  Congrats to UCF for rightfully winning it all!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    68 here, light jacket weather..... I lie about the jacket.  Doing yard work and sweating, dealing with 20% humidity is rough.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Getting a lot done today (personal stuff AND Work stuff).  I should try to get more of these 4 day weekends!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI