Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

Options

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Mayor of Flavor Town?  Is he related to Moonbeam Brown?
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Restaurants love when he does a DDD episode at their place because they become packed with a line out the door for years. The locals hate when there's an episode filmed at their favorie restaurant because the place becomes packed with a line out the door for years. 

I don't hate him. But I agree that he seems like a complete tool. Hopefully that's just a personality he puts on for the camera.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    This thread needs some Giada 

Does she have a really small frame body or does she have a giant head? Maybe it's both.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Rascal
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Restaurants love when he does a DDD episode at their place because they become packed with a line out the door for years. The locals hate when there's an episode filmed at their favorie restaurant because the place becomes packed with a line out the door for years. 

I don't hate him. But I agree that he seems like a complete tool. Hopefully that's just a personality he puts on for the camera.

There was an episode from a place near me in FL and the place closed not long afterwards!!~~
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I quit watching food shows a long time ago. I do not hate any of the shows, nor do I hate any of the telechefs.
    This forum, and you folks, have taught me more about cooking than any show ever has. The last cooking show I watched was The Bitchin' Kitchen. I doubt it still exists. I do not watch TV as much as I had previously, and when Football season is over, I will watch less. I just enjoy other activities, much more, than watching TV.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    After owning the clicker for news and football for hours on end, SWMBO demands control - usually for a cooking show. I'm good with Triple D or Chopped but CANNOT STAND any of the contrived cooking shows i.e. Grocery Games. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I always found Rachel Ray to be very annoying even before she became a "cow".  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    thetrim said:
    She's at the top of my food celeb dislike list.  Vivian Howard a close second.
    Even the recipes I've seen her do, are a train wreck.  I love her plastic garbage bowl for $20.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    thetrim said:
    She annoys me, too. From the first time I ever watched. 

Little Rock, AR

• CigarCityEgger
    Options

I actually really enjoy his shows and every time we travel try to a new town we try to grab a bite at one of his stops. Besides yelping it, it’s always cool to see a visual of a place you probably would’ve bypassed. 
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I love the DDD show. I have checked out a few while travelling and have enjoyed them. I wish he did not absolutely love everything he tries. That can not be possible.  His show at home is definately watchable. I like cooking shows that show how to cook dishes I may enjoy. GGG and all the other contest or challenge shows? I am not a fan.  Challenge shows have useless dishes forced by weird ingredients. Not something I will ever be forced to cook with. 

Overall I do think Guy is over exposed. Food Network has fewer "cooking shows" now than years ago. Like MTV, they are moving away from what made them. This has me turning to other things(Youtube mostly) for my recipe vid fix.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Rascal
    Options
    Bob Tuschman turned the show around from a wealth of instructional and enjoyable viewing to mostly mindless entertainment(?)...
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    CtTOPGUN said:
     Like MTV, they are moving away from what made them. 
    Discovery channel and History channel crush me. I don’t know how much more American Pickers, Ancient Aliens and Deadliest Catch I can take. 

Gimme the good old days where i could watch a pride of lions take down an elephant or learn more about the fishhook strategy at Gettysburg. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • yumdinger
    Options
    I just want his car......
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I miss the days when Discovery channel had "Wings" and all the WWII documentaries.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    CtTOPGUN said:
    Discovery channel and History channel crush me. I don’t know how much more American Pickers, Ancient Aliens and Deadliest Catch I can take. 

Gimme the good old days where i could watch a pride of lions take down an elephant or learn more about the fishhook strategy at Gettysburg. 

I agree with you 100%
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    CtTOPGUN said:

Or, the annual reproduction cycle of the Sockeye Salmon! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    CtTOPGUN said:

Don't forget what TLC has become - The Lobotomy Channel.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    johnnyp said:
    CtTOPGUN said:

Don't forget what TLC has become - The Lobotomy Channel.
    This is just a symptom of the  general dumbing down of America.  TV stations just give the public what they will watch. Bravo devolution always makes me sad as well, although at least that still has Top Chef.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Toxarch said:

Does she have a really small frame body or does she have a giant head? Maybe it's both.
    Ummm.

My daughter used to watch her cartoon.

Flint, Michigan
  • Rascal
    Options
    Giada puts me to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited December 2017
    Options
    caliking said:

Well this is embarrassing. Never noticed her head in all these years. 
    She has a head?  Where?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    caliking said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Toxarch said:

Ummm.

Butt, you're trained to look elsewhere.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    caliking said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Toxarch said:

Ummm.

Butt, you're trained to look elsewhere.  
    I see what you did there
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    In 20 years you will all regret objectifying those of the female persuasion via youtube videos and forum comments.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Rascal
    Options
    In 20 years you will all regret objectifying those of the female persuasion via youtube videos and forum comments.
    Huh??

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Huh??

Societal norms/expectations will change in 20 years and you will be held accountable as if the rules existed when these comments were made.  Regardless of proof you will be held guilty until you can prove otherwise, even then your name will be sullied.

Please note, those whose behavior was clearly egregious have deserved their fate, but I guarantee innocent people have been caught up too and lewd comments and propositions have been equated with actual forcible sexual assualt.