Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:
    I've only watched him a couple times and that was enough for me. OTOH I used to never miss Rachael Ray's show $xx a Day (can't recall the exact name of the show) back when she was young, cute and sexy in her own way. Now I can't stand to watch what a cow she has become! 
    Such a classy guy.
    I see you picked up on the fat shaming also. 
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    I watch DDD all the time.  It’s fun to learn about a region strictly by its food. It makes me excited to travel when I retire!  Guy himself is an over the top character on the show.  The bleach blonde spiked hair, flame shirts, rings and bracelets...that is not my style at all.  I get the feeling that he’s a genuinely nice guy, and enjoys being around new people.

Andrew Zimmern’s new show Bizzare Foods: Delicious Destinations is basically an international version of DDD.  He has his own quirks that endear him to certain people. He also has some obnoxious stuff he does.  I like him too. He seems real. 

I would love to meet both of them. I’d love to hang out on Alton Brown’s tour bus, cook with Bobby Flay for a few weeks, and go through Anthony Bourdain’s list of places to eat before he dies.  (Not necessarily hang out with him).  I’d also love to spend a day in the pit with Aaron Franklin.  And if Giada wanted to tag along during all of that, well...that’d be cool too. 

Sounds like a fabulous retirement road trip.  You market it and I will be the first to buy a ticket from you.  "Kick back and ride along as we take you on a road trip and hang out with the top food aficionados".  Andrew has been in this neck of the woods.  I think they cooked up some nutria rat.  
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    Not a fan, mainly because I’ve heard from multiple people that his on-air character is just that: a character. Have never called him a cow though.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I don't like them when they become entertainers/celebrities rather than chefs/instructors.

I remember watching Emeril when he was on Great Chefs or Chef of the Day.....whatever it was.  He was featured once every week or two.  It was great and I learned a lot.  Then got his own show, then got the evening show with music and such........it was no longer about the food.  So many others went the same way.  I don't have cable/sat, so all I see is the ones on PBS Create.  Jacques Pepin is still the man, and I really miss Paul Prudhomme.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Don’t hate the guy but he is the epitome of a tool. 
    I know.  It's the Camaro.
    And Flowmaster commercial that pushed me into the Hate Camp.

I would bet, Guy uses Zaino. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    RRP said:
    I've only watched him a couple times and that was enough for me. OTOH I used to never miss Rachael Ray's show $xx a Day (can't recall the exact name of the show) back when she was young, cute and sexy in her own way. Now I can't stand to watch what a cow she has become! 
    I’m assuming this is because she’s never been in jorts while WINNING and making big $$$$.  Pretty shallow talk!! 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks for using your real account this time. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    @DoubleEgger How can you tell the difference between a 67 and 68 Camaro? You can spot a 69 with the head lights but have always wondered the difference between 67-68. Just curious as some call Fieri Camaro a 67 and others say 68. Any styling difference I'm not picking up on?
    The easiest way to tell the difference between the two is the quarter windows. 67s have them and 68s don’t. 
    Thanks! @DoubleEgger Never knew that.
    Also the 68s have side marker lights. None on the 67s 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks for using your real account this time. 
    FWIW, I'm man enough to stand behind everything I say, trolling or not.  Never once used a moniker.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    I love triple D's....oh wait...You may be talking about something else.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    He stepped up big time in working with OBR in Santa Rosa in the fire disaster to help plan and cook a lot of meals for displaced families and first responders and faced some accusations of it being a publicity stunt.  My buddy manned a pit there and said Guy didn’t just come in, shake hands, and kiss babies but was involved with all aspects of planning the menu and cooking.  Considering the number of meals served, I’m willing to cut him some slack.
    I’ll dial down some of my hate back down to envy then. It takes good peeps to do something like that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    dont mind me GIF
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Jacques Pepin is still the man
    I used to set the VCR to record Jaques Pepin on Saturday mornings. I learned a great deal about how to cook from watching his shows. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    I don't like them when they become entertainers/celebrities rather than chefs/instructors.

I remember watching Emeril when he was on Great Chefs or Chef of the Day.....whatever it was.  He was featured once every week or two.  It was great and I learned a lot.  Then got his own show, then got the evening show with music and such........it was no longer about the food.  So many others went the same way.  I don't have cable/sat, so all I see is the ones on PBS Create.  Jacques Pepin is still the man, and I really miss Paul Prudhomme.
    And Justin Wilson??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

Little Rock, AR

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Like him and love DDD. 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    I like Guy and people of larger stature. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He is like 5’6”. I was next to him at a bar in Vegas and was really surprised. Looks bigger on TV. He was rocking the flame bowling shirt though. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Like Tom Gugliotta?
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    He is like 5’6”. I was next to him at a bar in Vegas and was really surprised. Looks bigger on TV. He was rocking the flame bowling shirt though. 
    I think he was referring to RR.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Like Tom Gugliotta?
    Nah.. I guess, like, Rachel Ray.  

Tom was a pretty good baller though.  Back in the good days of the ACC.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Like Tom Gugliotta?
    Nah.. I guess, like, Rachel Ray.  

Tom was a pretty good baller though.  Back in the good days of the ACC.  
    Agreed on the good days of the ACC - I was in school during the Jordan, Bias, Sampson years.  We had Sally and Price.  It was an awesome time!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Can't stand him, beginning from when he won out over Reggie Southerland!  Hours and hours on end of that jerk has ruined the Food Network!  And that voice could wake the dead in a cemetery!!!
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Sunglasses on the back of your head: check
    Flip flops: check
    Two-tone beard: check

That's three strikes, you're out!
    Mountain View, CA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    It seems like there is a marathon of DDD at least twice a week. As I said before his other shows are okay. My mother on the other hand cannot stand to watch him even for 5 seconds. I would like to see some of the newer and less known (non Fiero) shows be given a shot at a better time slot, especially those that actually try to demonstrate how to cook something.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    How can you hate the mayor of Flavor Town?
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA