Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bucky925 said:
    I recieved the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for Christmas.  The full trilogy .  I have read them before but it was years back.  I started it again today having a 3 hour test at the hospital.  Not a bad test just sitting and waiting on the next hour so I can be x-rayed...lol  If you are slightly "off"  and you haven't read it, they are a fun light read. 
    This one?

It's a classic. Thanks for all the fish.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Jason, give that pitiful thing a treat. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • @northGAcock this was just before her nightly 9:00 chew bone.  She knows what's up. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, just back from taking mine for a walk. They want let me head up without giving them a treat. They will stand beside the treat jar and bark till I come give them one (or two) ......creatures of habit. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Calibrated my thermometer and adjusted, it was off 20 degrees. Finished up the night with some bread pudding and bourbon sauce off the grill. 

LBGE
    AL
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Got a copy of Aaron Franklin’s book for Christmas. Now I want to cook a brisket...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • @Ozzie_Isaac I had a similar thing happen in high school. 

Fire dept came busting in, I jumped out of bed with nothing but boxers on with a shotgun and a light moving faster than @lousubcap s chipmunk. 

I saw the (now) Fire Chief about a year ago at a fundraiser. He laughed his ass off. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SciAggie
    Had an email conversation with Tane Chan from The Wokshop. I’m bummed to discover China is no longer exporting clay “sand” pots any longer. I really enjoy cooking in them and was going to get a couple more...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    SciAggie said:
    Got a copy of Aaron Franklin’s book for Christmas. Now I want to cook a brisket...
    I was hoping Santa would bring me that for Christmas, oh well guess I need to order it!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    DMW said:
    bucky925 said:
    I recieved the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for Christmas.  The full trilogy .  I have read them before but it was years back.  I started it again today having a 3 hour test at the hospital.  Not a bad test just sitting and waiting on the next hour so I can be x-rayed...lol  If you are slightly "off"  and you haven't read it, they are a fun light read. 
    This one?

It's a classic. Thanks for all the fish.
    Agree that it’s a classic.  I had to go look at mine, it’s an earlier edition that doesn’t have Mostly Harmless.  Must now resist urge to upgrade.

There are probably enough Adams fans that we could do a Towel Day throwdown, especially since it is the Friday before Memorial Day this year.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Say what you will because we did it on the stove, but when it is cold, nothing beats a hearty bowl of soup for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Fighting the cold crud....  It sucks!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Ordering beans at Bean Traders.  Place is busy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I triple dog dare ya to take my squeaky 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    "Cataroma"   :lol:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @bgebrent - Your team definitely put the hammer down today.  Looked a whole lot better than against UCLA.  Enjoy the spoils of victory.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @SciAggie - clearly your locale must make a brisket cook a "ho hum deal" if the book was the catalyst.  I thoroughly enjoy the brisket cook for the challenge every hunk of protein provides.  No such thing as "auto" with that hunk of cow.  Enjoy the upcoming cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    @lousubcap By no means ho hum my friend. I’ll probably drive to a meat market in  Eastland Monday (hour away). They are the only place I can get prime or upper 2/3 CAB. Then I’ll plan a mid week cook. I’ll borrow the school stick burner and spend a long day nursing it through. (Note to self: buy more Shiner) I’ll have to convince my wife that we need to invite some folks over to share the meal. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    No pics so it actually didn't happen.  We are hosting 12 people tomorrow for our last but not lease Christmas.  So I fried some pork chops in the CI, made some milk gravy with rice and butter beans. AS my Grandmother use to say "a meal fit for a king"  to top it off Mrs. bucky is doing the clean up.  Life is good here

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    All Christmas decorations put away, all lights down and stored.  Time to relax.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Ridiculous referees in the Kentucky Northwestern game. And I thought NFL refs suck...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Same here.  KY roundball game comfortably in the books.  UK - NW bowl game officiating is stupid bad, both ways.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Just put snowmobile away.  Pulled kids around on sleds.  Then it took me a while to find the garage when putting it away.  

Doing simple burgers on the egg. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Just saw this at my local publix. Really want to go get it but I have a SRF brisket and a ham already for the weekend.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited December 2017
    ^^^  We don't have any Publix nearby, pretty fancy, with a crown roast next to it and champagne bottles used as spacers!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    For us that will come next week when the wife puts up her "snow" decorations .  
    so looking forward to it.   :|

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bucky925 said:
    For us that will come next week when the wife puts up her "snow" decorations .  
    so looking forward to it.   :|
    I’m thankful the wifey isn’t crafty. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Not looking forward to undecorating from Christmas.  Probably need to tackle that sooner rather than later. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA