Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I’m a wimp. Cooked inside the house tonight. Empanadas with green chili chicken filling. 
    My favorite wimp.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Floating jalas for the win!  Looks great, congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    where are you at exactly?  If in Jamaica I would highly recommend the rain forest zip line.  Mrs. Bucky booked it for us and it was a blast!
    Close.... St. Lucia. Boat and snorkeling booked for tomorrow 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Floating jalas for the win!  Looks great, congrats.  
    Thanks! The yellow onion, red pepper, habaneros, and serrano peppers get diced. I figured I'd spare the jalapenos this go around.  =)  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My wife surprised me with a 7qt Lodge dutch oven for Christmas. A want I've had for some time. I must have mentioned that I was looking at dutch ovens in the past. She looked on the Egghead forum and found previous posts on dutch ovens. @Photo Egg You sold her on the 7qt. Thank you! So I made some MN A$$ Blaster Brisket Chili tonight with it. I probably sound like a broken record but this chili is the real deal. Forum memebr CoalCreek has this thing nailed down just right. Hot and Spicy. Adjust to your liking for spiciness. Even without heat the flavor is fantastic. Pineapple adds a little sweet to it. A must try if looking to change up chili. Yes it has beans in it! ;)

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177085/minnesota-ass-blaster-brisket-chili-recipe

Looks great V, and will keep the motor running up there for the never ending cold snap.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Made some burgers on the Blackstone tonight.  Mine were mushroom swiss on a kaiser roll.  Pretty tasty.  

Looks like they sucked...
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    My wife surprised me with a 7qt Lodge dutch oven for Christmas. A want I've had for some time. I must have mentioned that I was looking at dutch ovens in the past. She looked on the Egghead forum and found previous posts on dutch ovens. @Photo Egg You sold her on the 7qt. Thank you! So I made some MN A$$ Blaster Brisket Chili tonight with it. I probably sound like a broken record but this chili is the real deal. Forum memebr CoalCreek has this thing nailed down just right. Hot and Spicy. Adjust to your liking for spiciness. Even without heat the flavor is fantastic. Pineapple adds a little sweet to it. A must try if looking to change up chili. Yes it has beans in it! ;)

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177085/minnesota-ass-blaster-brisket-chili-recipe
    Looks great V, and will keep the motor running up there for the never ending cold snap.  B)
    Thanks again for the tips with the cast iron. I washed it with hot water after removing the chili. I wiped it down. K threw it in the oven to dry it. I gave it a spray with Pam once it came out. Is that somewhat right? @Focker
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Winding down from this morning..had a fun hunt with one of the duck dogs

Sweet.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - lookin' for the year-end deal of a life-time that you can't live without??  You got there in a running vehicle, you can leave the same way, just sayin'.  
    It was close, but I made it out without a new car.  Went down the road a few miles and got a new trailer instead :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @DuckDogDr - great looking partner right there and obviously well-trained.  Glad you were around to enable him to enjoy the day  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Made some burgers on the Blackstone tonight.  Mine were mushroom swiss on a kaiser roll.  Pretty tasty.  

Dang son..... dang!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options

Egging. Tpen says it's cold out.  I missed a pic when it said -7.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Egging. Tpen says it's cold out.  I missed a pic when it said -7.

Go back out there and try again 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    :rofl:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @tarheelmatt I would crush that burger.  Looks amazing!
    Steve 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pickling stuff.
    Options
    I'm starting to get hungry and between that burger and this pizza it's not helping the cause!
    Steve 

• Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

Thanks again for the tips with the cast iron. I washed it with hot water after removing the chili. I wiped it down. K threw it in the oven to dry it. I gave it a spray with Pam once it came out. Is that somewhat right? @Focker
    Yep, good to go for next time.
    My DOs will never get shiney jet black due to the style of DO cooking.  When they get dull, it's easy to freshen them up.  Chile, beans, braises/boiling etc are not good with the seasoning.  But the Pam spray minimizes rust.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

My DOs will never get shiney jet black due to the style of DO cooking.  When they get dull, it's easy to freshen them up.  Chile, beans, braises/boiling etc are not good with the seasoning.  But the Pam spray minimizes rust.
    Do you have do that everytime you use one of cast iron pieces? 

Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @nolaegghead pizza looks good even though I'm not a spinach fan myself 

@lousubcap thanks ..he did really well considering that was his first flooded timber hunt..he's grown up hunting the rice fields..even though principles are the same he's used to marking right out in front of the blind...not from 20 different directions. He found all the birds without much help from me...i could see the wheels turning in his head as he was actually learning to trust his nose 
  • Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

Do you have do that everytime you use one of cast iron pieces? 
    Not every time, but it wouldn't hurt.  Spray, wipe, stow, is standard procedure here.  Culinary Fanatic takes it a step further by heating oil to smoke point on the cooktop after oiling.  Would be a good way to build up seasoning quickly.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just checked the Powerball.  Dang, I didn't win, so it's back to work Tuesday!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @thetrim I got one number.
    Who hoooo!  
    Guess what? That means I go back to work on Tuesday too! Yay for us! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Finished watching the longest Premier League winning streak end, and Citybwas lucky to keep a point.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Botch said:
    I got my MS in Industrial Engineering from NMSU in 1991.  Just learned this morning that they won a Bowl game yesterday, for the first time in 57 years.

So, Yay, and stuff.  :triumph:
    I live in Las Cruces and, yeah, they're making a pretty big deal about it.  Rightly so.
    Signal Mountain, TN