Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

johnnyp said:
    Actually working.  Let the jokes commence.
    put on some coffee and sharpen some pencils and call it a day =)
    Isn't that basically what you do every day? =)
    4 cups and black ticondaroga number 2's at the ready ;)   shops just creeping over 40 degrees this morning.  wearing a teeshirt and hearing all the bitching about that =)

Indeed.  I love this time of year because it's always a great opportunity to hear from the idiots who are convinced global warming can't possibly be real if it's this cold outside.  =)
    im not hearing anything about global warming on the shop floor....its more like.... you cheap f/n bastard ;)
    Well, they've got a point there ... don't they? 
    half the crew here would go icefishing or sledding if i closed the doors today.  christ, its not much colder inside here than my house is today =)  bunch of wimps
    What kind of shop do you run @fishlessman ?
    heavy metal fab and machining. mostly high pressure system or vacuum oriented.  this cold caught me off guard, theres no way to get all the tonnage of steel in here warm, its going to take a few days. opening the big bay 16 foot door is a real treat =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Packing for our trip to the Outback bowl in Tampa on New Years day with @northGAcock and our wives. Go Cocks!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    edited December 2017
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Packing for our trip to the Outback bowl in Tampa on New Years day with @northGAcock and our wives. Go Cocks!
    Going to Berns? 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Going to Berns? 
    Berns is a MUST DO!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Going to Berns? 
    Been there done that, Columbia House this trip.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jazz the Bengal cat just brought us a gift of a live squirrel into the house.  Quite a chase ensued.  We opened the front door and he eventually saw the light and left.
    Options
    @nolaegghead - better to be lucky than good any day.  One of our cats had caught a chipmunk.  Always check the cat's mouth before letting into the house-not this time.  SWMBO opens the door, in comes cat and chipmunk, cat drops the chipmunk who takes off for the basement.  Plenty of hiding places.  Got a trap-chipmunks like peanut butter.  A day later, chipmunk free-released.  
    Door to the basement was shut until capture.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @lousubcap Good story.  We have a cat door, so no screening of their prey du jour.  In the summer it's mostly bugs, lizards and skinks, this time of year birds, mice and squirrels, but not very often, thankfully. 

Jazz is scouring the house for the squirrel, he thinks it's still in it.
    When I was a teen still living at home our cat brought a mouse home.  Let her in, drops the mouse.  Mouse runs into the front of a VCR front load that was beside the tv. Had to put the VCR outside with the door propped open for the mouse to vacate.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    @lousubcap Good story.  We have a cat door, so no screening of their prey du jour.  In the summer it's mostly bugs, lizards and skinks, this time of year birds, mice and squirrels, but not very often, thankfully. 

Jazz is scouring the house for the squirrel, he thinks it's still in it.
    bats are the most fun =) i still dont know whats getting in my house, gallon bag of deer tails was dragged under the sink a few weeks back, neverseen a squirrel drag something
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Working hard.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Just had 5 firefighters/EMTs walk into my living room.  Very nice, but they had the wrong house.  Lets just say if a murderer ever walks in I'm dead.  It took my brain to long to process what was going on.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Just had 5 firefighters/EMTs walk into my living room.  Very nice, but they had the wrong house.  Lets just say if a murderer ever walks in I'm dead.  It took my brain to long to process what was going on.
    They didn’t knock, they just barged in? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yup, came rushing in.  No knock.  Honestly, don't care about that.  I've needed their help before, and they are just trying to help.

Guess I should start locking my door.  My son never even looked up from his video game, but my dogs went complete ape $hit.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Yup, came rushing in.  No knock.  Honestly, don't care about that.  I've needed their help before, and they are just trying to help.

Guess I should start locking my door.  My son never even looked up from his video game, but my dogs went complete ape $hit.
    That’s how folks get shot... Jesus. The Chief better be on my doorstep apologizing or I’d be calling Channel 2  News. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited December 2017
    Options
    And then she stole my bookmark right out of my book. BÎtch.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    That's what you get for reading!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Was hoping to catch up on some miscellaneous reading this week (very few people working, nice & quiet) but instead I got a deadline to review a Naval Surface Warfare Center Fragmentation Report, which calculated if a certain bomb went off in a building, how many fragments (steel, concrete, etc) could travel 1,000+/-x feet to another building with 18-gage corrugated steel roof, how many fragments would penetrate over 600 sq ft and how many of them would have sufficient kinetic energy to kill the 95%ile human inside upon penetration (of the roof).  There were >20 pages of ugly equations to "support" this analysis, but it was sprinkled with the phrase "barring a 'rogue' fragment"...  

I could've been a greeter at Walmart.   :|  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2017
    Options

That’s how folks get shot... Jesus. The Chief better be on my doorstep apologizing or I’d be calling Channel 2  News. 
    I see your point, but with medical bags, fire dept shirts and gear it was clear who they were.  My guess is police officers secured the correct house and EMTs pulled up and went to wrong house assuming it was secure.

At the end of the day, no harm to me, just an interesting story.  They took my neighbor out on a stretcher, so they have bigger concerns.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I kinda did as well today. I had a 35 minute call with a prospective client (just sign the dang PO already) to review a design. Yep, all good. (just sign the dang PO already...) 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    If I didn't read, I'd go nuts.  TV bores me for the most part.  It's mostly background noise.  

I read fiction crap so I'm not advancing my brain, just entertaining myself. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    If I didn't read, I'd go nuts.  TV bores me for the most part.  It's mostly background noise.  

I'm to lazy to read, but I use Audible all the time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Was hoping to catch up on some miscellaneous reading this week (very few people working, nice & quiet) but instead I got a deadline to review a Naval Surface Warfare Center Fragmentation Report, which calculated if a certain bomb went off in a building, how many fragments (steel, concrete, etc) could travel 1,000+/-x feet to another building with 18-gage corrugated steel roof, how many fragments would penetrate over 600 sq ft and how many of them would have sufficient kinetic energy to kill the 95%ile human inside upon penetration (of the roof).  There were >20 pages of ugly equations to "support" this analysis, but it was sprinkled with the phrase "barring a 'rogue' fragment"...  

I could've been a greeter at Walmart.   :|  
    Ha!  I probably know some of the people behind that report.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I'm to lazy to read, but I use Audible all the time.
    I'm too easily distracted to liste

squirrel!!!!!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I recieved the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for Christmas.  The full trilogy .  I have read them before but it was years back.  I started it again today having a 3 hour test at the hospital.  Not a bad test just sitting and waiting on the next hour so I can be x-rayed...lol  If you are slightly "off"  and you haven't read it, they are a fun light read. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.