Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - I thought it was Boilermaker's...
    Lou, you gotta remember who you're talking to here.  He worked early to be able to work 3 days a week(allegedly) and Nichole does the cooking while he does the posting. Can't expect all those letters from him. 
    It was a lot of letters all together. I’m working way too much. 
    Luckily, you only cut people open and sew them up, not teach our children to spell....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Lou, you gotta remember who you're talking to here.  He worked early to be able to work 3 days a week(allegedly) and Nichole does the cooking while he does the posting. Can't expect all those letters from him. 
    Luckily, you only cut people open and sew them up, not teach our children to spell....
    LOL, thank you. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    LOL, thank you. 
    You know I've always got your back. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    LOL, thank you. 
    Hung up the cleats today until next Wednesday. Should give me some time to post more of Nichole’s cooks. Happy New Year. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    LOL, thank you. 
    Hung up the cleats today until next Wednesday. Should give me some time to post more of Nichole’s cooks. Happy New Year. 
    I'm out from the 22nd then headed to California on the second till the fifth.  Of course the email and calls don't stop.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    LOL, thank you. 
    I'm out from the 22nd then headed to California on the second till the fifth.  Of course the email and calls don't stop.  
    Enjoy that well earned break and the left coast eats brother. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @DuckDogDr very cool.  Learning how to forge stuff is on my list.  
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Been busy the past few days ...Been learning how to forge my own fire place tools..and installed my new rims and tires on my scout (Christmas present to myself)

Nice work!!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just put an 8# butt on, because... Got some short ribs to go on in the AM for lunch tomorrow 

#burningvacationdays
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @blasting thanks !! It's definitely fun...if I didn't have too many hobbies already it would be one to pursue for sure.
    Thanks @bgebrent
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Did you folks need some spellin tootalage? I am her for you and happy to hep. Our firs lesen will be fanettics. Let me no when you r ready too start.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Actually working.  Let the jokes commence.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    That sucks. I worked the past two days.  Off until the 2nd
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    @johnnyp - I'm thinking @JohnInCarolina's definition of work here may be self-paced either prepping for the next semester, working on proposals or some independent research for those high powered toys.  
    But I could be totally missing the mark.  Enjoy the time off.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @johnnyp - I'm thinking @JohnInCarolina's definition of work here may be self-paced either prepping for the next semester, working on proposals or some independent research for those high powered toys.  
    You're not far off Frank.  I'm in the office but calling this "work" is a stretch.  Booking some travel, processing some manuscripts for my journal, polishing some conference abstracts, and wrapping up some papers with my students. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You're not far off Frank.  I'm in the office but calling this "work" is a stretch.  Booking some travel, processing some manuscripts for my journal, polishing some conference abstracts, and wrapping up some papers with my students. 
    That’s called “working light”. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    put on some coffee and sharpen some pencils and call it a day =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Strep throat. But working. Eff me. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    We are on third kid in a row to take their turn puking overnight.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Isn't that basically what you do every day? =)
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Been on call since I got back from vacation Dec 9th.  I need a break.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Options
    4 cups and black ticondaroga number 2's at the ready ;)   shops just creeping over 40 degrees this morning.  wearing a teeshirt and hearing all the bitching about that =)

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    4 cups and black ticondaroga number 2's at the ready ;)   shops just creeping over 40 degrees this morning.  wearing a teeshirt and hearing all the bitching about that =)

Indeed.  I love this time of year because it's always a great opportunity to hear from the idiots who are convinced global warming can't possibly be real if it's this cold outside.  =)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Strep throat. But working. Eff me. 
    I’m sure everyone in the office loves you today...
  • fishlessman
    Options

Indeed.  I love this time of year because it's always a great opportunity to hear from the idiots who are convinced global warming can't possibly be real if it's this cold outside.  =)
    im not hearing anything about global warming on the shop floor....its more like.... you cheap f/n bastard ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

im not hearing anything about global warming on the shop floor....its more like.... you cheap f/n bastard ;)
    Well, they've got a point there ... don't they? 
  • fishlessman
    Options

half the crew here would go icefishing or sledding if i closed the doors today.  christ, its not much colder inside here than my house is today =)  bunch of wimps
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Just tell them to weld faster.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

half the crew here would go icefishing or sledding if i closed the doors today.  christ, its not much colder inside here than my house is today =)  bunch of wimps
    What kind of shop do you run @fishlessman ?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA