Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Only made it 33 days. Headed to a dinner party.

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Waiting for 1700. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Elf hunting.  He persevered, and found him after a haircut on the second search.  :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Little Steven said:
    You are supposed to eat the with your right hand. There is a method to it but I can't master it. I just spoon the curries over the top of the rice. That's not naan its a pappad, a fried lentil crepe. There is no dessert rice, one is a straight basmati and one is a special rice. There is a sambar and a rasam, kind of soups, and pickle, plantain chips, curd (hung yoghurt) and chips.
    Thanks Steve.  The place in Layton I eat at, one of the small dishes of rice is definitely sweetened and moistened with milk or cream, and its chilled.  Guess I'll try EweTube for the right-hand eating technique for the "pappad".  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

Legume said:
    the delivery drivers are out in force - and they're in rental trucks.  I think I've seen 5-6 uhaul or other rental trucks up and down the street every day this week - each driving too fast, stopping too quickly, straining to see addresses, then jumping on the gas to the next house to check the address.  that's on top of the ones that get to drive the UPS, FedEx or whatever truck.  Amazon must be having a good season so far.

I've wondered if landfills have a noticeable change, filling up with A-1 boxes and yellow envelopes lined with non-biodegradeable bubble wrap....

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Did my first spatchcock chicken. Will definitely be doing it again. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on those Hess Trucks. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Damn power went out 45 minutes ago. This bourbon will keep me warm... It's only supposed to be 11* tonight. Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    bgebrent said:
    Spatching in the snow.  One jerk (no, not the cook B) ) and one with herb butter.  Eating the jerky bird tonight.  N is gonna use the herbed bird for chicken salad, sammiches, pot pie, soup or whatever she chooses.  Time for more stock.  Snow at the lake is really pretty.

Told Mrs. Bucky I would make chicken noodle soup with root veggies tomorrow.  For the life of me I can't find the recipe I usually use.  Oh well I guess I'll just wing it.  But back on topic that looks pretty close to what I do to make the stock. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    We have been cleaning and decorating the house for my wife's annual church circle Christmas party all week.  Well she has been decorating, she told me if I continued to help I would be on the next "silver alert".  In anycase with the snow and ice combined with the older women attending she cancelled.  She is kind of bumbed but I have a clean house!  

• northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    Spatching in the snow.  One jerk (no, not the cook B) ) and one with herb butter.  Eating the jerky bird tonight.  N is gonna use the herbed bird for chicken salad, sammiches, pot pie, soup or whatever she chooses.  Time for more stock.  Snow at the lake is really pretty.

Nice lights. Food looks. Good too.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Soup dumplings.  Not pictured was half a crispy duck, beef and broccoli, and pork pan fried noodles.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    bgebrent said:

We were going to come up but couldn't get out of the neighborhood.  ;)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @bucky925 - look beyond the clean house positive side.  You dodged a bullet and you had divine intervention  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    I understand, she hosts this every year.  We are usually up till midnight on Friday getting the finishing touches.  Tonight we went out to eat and are chilling with Live PD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Focker said:
    Elf hunting.  He persevered, and found him after a haircut on the second search.  :)

I remember when I was 5.  Happy memories.
    Focker said:

I remember when I was 5.  Happy memories.
    Did you seek therapy to deal with those memories?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited December 2017
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    Nichole's being a bit playful this morning.  And before a bloody.

What she cook you for breakfast? 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    @northGAcock, so far just one of your bloody's.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • I sofa king hung over. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Just returned from the every eight week Red Cross blood-letting.  Engine running a pint low so I should get extra booster power from the rocket fuel.
    Go Navy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Christmas shopping. Mountain bike for the boy down, now it's time to find unnecessary crap for the girls. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD