Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    UH-OH DUKIE

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    They lost to British Columbia :o
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    They lost to British Columbia :o
    They lost to Brisket Camp.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Visiting http://www.moondancerwinery.com with friends.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No easy games in the ACC.  Hats off to BC.  They played hard the whole way and deserved the win.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Lunch @ Bens Tune Up

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    It's rainy and (relatively) cold here in FL so of course I'm cooking on the egg!
    Pepper Stout Beef for the first time.  This for church pot luck lunch tomorrow.
    This one for us tonight.

Used a combination of Lane's Signature and Wassi's Steak rub.
    On at 250 degrees with some cherry wood for smoke. Time to chop veggies.

Done
    Internal temp is not there but two pans of veggies are waiting Lea & Perrin's, Guinness, and the beef.  
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Tree is up and decorated

• bgebrent
    Options
    Tree is up and decorated

Nice John.  I like trees with lots of room for presents underneath.  Your big tree reminds of when I had to fire up the chainsaw inside to seat the tree trunk.  A hold my beer and watch this moment. =)
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Internal temp reached 165. 
    Tried three different methods to get both pans on my Large egg. Setup #1-
    plate setter and pan #1 on BGE feet, grate and pan #2 on grate. Thought pan #1 would get too hot.
    Setup #2- PS Woo with stones - pan #1 on BGE feet on pizza stone, pan#2 on pizza stone with temp probe. Still not happy with this as I thought pan #2 would be too hot that high up and the dome temp probe was pushing on the foil even though the clip was outside.
    Setup #3 and final - Pan #1 on grate, Firebrick and small grate holding Pan#2 with temp probe thru foil.
    Waiting for internal temp to reach 205 degrees and getting hungry. Smells from the egg are wonderful.Thanks for looking.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @bgebrent - nice!  Although I feel obligated to point out that your tree is not as long or as thick as my tree.  ;)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @bgebrent - nice!  Although I feel obligated to point out that your tree is not as long or as thick as my tree.  ;)
    As a friend with no dog in the hunt.....John he has you on the tree topper. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    You speak the truth, but I'm done with 12' trees after the chainsaw event.  No tree envy here ;).  You sure have a purdy tree.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I am aiming for a serious escape velocity trip after the friggin Navy fold, spindle and self-mutilate football game.  I have no doubt that I will succeed-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am aiming for a serious escape velocity trip after the friggin Navy fold, spindle and self-mutilate football game.  I have no doubt that I will succeed-
    I have complete confidence in you Cap.  Feel bad for the kicker.  Should've been automatic.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @bgebrent- not on the kicker.  The two 5 yard self-inflicted penalties pushed the kick to his career long.  He had the distance-wide left...until next year.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Waiting on Hamilton

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SamIAm2
    Options
    First Pepper Stout Beef cook complete:

Sandwich on Hoagie roll with Italian Bold Mozzarella Herb cheese because I didn't add Jalapenos since this is going to pot luck lunch tomorrow. Will be doing this again, just not two pans at a time. Thanks for looking. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    As a friend with no dog in the hunt.....John he has you on the tree topper. 
    Robin, John had to change the topper after last years fiasco.  His wife still hasn't got over that.  This is the picture he sent me from last years topper. 

Makes sense now. Thanks for bringing clarity. Shakin my head though!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Eating a rectangle of a heresy bar, so simple, so delicious :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Hershey's chocolate bar used to be my birthday present because I was born in Hershey. Lived on Dairy Road. Enjoy!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Eating a rectangle of a heresy bar, so simple, so delicious :-)
    An anti church candy? 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just put on a brisket flat for chili tomorrow. Never done an overnight cook before, but with the puppy, what the hell...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just put on a brisket flat for chili tomorrow. Never done an overnight cook before, but with the puppy, what the hell...
    You’re going to be up early my friend 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    tarheelmatt said:  
    Robin, John had to change the topper after last years fiasco.  His wife still hasn't got over that.  This is the picture he sent me from last years topper. 

That looks nice and warm!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    And way too snug  ;)
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    First Pepper Stout Beef cook complete:

Sandwich on Hoagie roll with Italian Bold Mozzarella Herb cheese because I didn't add Jalapenos since this is going to pot luck lunch tomorrow. Will be doing this again, just not two pans at a time. Thanks for looking. 
    Nailed that one! Enjoy