Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arizona decisions....

Options
Since we moved to Arizona, I've been thinking I need to re-think some of my(our) vehicle decisions. 

I'm looking for recommendations on 4-wheelers, trail bikes, off-road trucks and portable grills for when we break down and have to eat the weakest of our party as a last resort.  (I'm kidding, we'd first eat any indigenous animal life that we could blast from our collection of 10 pellet rifles).  More likely, we'd use our cell phones for an uber.   But anything could happen, focus on the vehicle help I need. Thanks in advance, hugs and kisses!!!  Guy with the hippy dog avatar.

Back on track (ahem).... 

Oy, also If are stuck in the weeds, any recommendations of lump that would be good in an emergency. 

Thanks yall. Hippy dawg

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Are you really into pellet rifles?
    My next toy will be a nice PCP .25 or .30 quiet bull. Thinking FX Indy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Options
    Just remember... A 4 wheel drive vehicle is simply one that will get you stuck deeper in the woods than a 2 wheeler!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    You moved to Arizona?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    You should really call me, the guy with the fluer de lis avatar.  I may drive a porsche, but I have backed into a few trucks.

I also restore old dirt bikes, quads, planes, motor boats and international tractors.  I can hook you up with just what you need.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited November 2017
    Options
    you guys are messing me up.  I'm about to grab Stike's avatar and really let you know what I think
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Welcome @nolaegghead!  We dont have rust here so a 1st gen rubicon can be had reasonably well...if you find an old ih scout those are good too...

What city are u in?  Headed to u of a game or cards game this weekend?  Im tailgating at both so stop by for some eats and drinks
    If you ride a bike. Get a dual susp mountain bike.  South mountai n, trail 100, papago and the powelines are great rides

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    So changing your site name to 'Zonaegghead? 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    People should check post counts before welcoming new members

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• westernbbq
    Options
    I live in AZ and was welcoming @nolaegghead to our beautiful state....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    @westernbbq you are to kind.  @nolaegghead was trolling yesterday (I may have been a bit too) and he was pretending to be me with Avatar swaps and all.... he is not coming to AZ.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @westernbbq you are to kind.  @nolaegghead was trolling yesterday (I may have been a bit too) and he was pretending to be me with Avatar swaps and all.... he is not coming to AZ.
    He'll leave NOLA when he is forced to.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @nolaegghead

As far as lump goes, mesquite grows like weeds pretty much everywhere and theres a ton of pecan here...if you wanna go buy it hig smart n final for 18 bucks for lazzari 40 lb of mesquite lump...or hit el diablo down on 9th and wasington i think 12 bucks for 40 lb but its been a while since i checked.  Might be 15 now...
    Berry bros wood on washington and the 202 fwy supplies every restaurant in town
    Be sure to hit biancos, richardsons and chelseas kitchen..if youre in phx
    Elsewhere i am not much help..if you head to Puerto penasco i have some great recommends for there too....
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac and @DMW, i got fished in!

Oh well all fun here
    Thawed some smoked shoulder and made homemade enchilada sauce today.  Making enchiladas for u of a asu tailgate party tomorrow...then roccbox pizza at cards tailgate on sunday.  

Love this time of year....
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Color me confused. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @nolaegghead...stfu 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @nolaegghead

As far as lump goes, mesquite grows like weeds pretty much everywhere and theres a ton of pecan here...if you wanna go buy it hig smart n final for 18 bucks for lazzari 40 lb of mesquite lump...or hit el diablo down on 9th and wasington i think 12 bucks for 40 lb but its been a while since i checked.  Might be 15 now...
    Elsewhere i am not much help..if you head to Puerto penasco i have some great recommends for there too....
    FWIW, @nolaegghead was real interested in your mesquite lump back when he was a newbie. LOL!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolaegghead

FWIW, @nolaegghead was real interested in your mesquite lump back when he was a newbie. LOL!
    Nothing wrong with mesquite lump.  You just need to know how to start a proper fire.
    Options
    Catch any fish?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Catch any fish?
    Pretty pathetic day fishing.  Fun day on the water despite the lack of bites.
    Options
    @nolaegghead

Nothing wrong with mesquite lump.  You just need to know how to start a proper fire.
    Lotsa this!
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Sheriff Joe Arapaio would never let you into AZ. I would pay to hear the conversation between the two of you though. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think I might move to Arizona, is it good?
  • westernbbq
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Sheriff Joe Arapaio would never let you into AZ. I would pay to hear the conversation between the two of you though. 
    Penzone beat him in the last election....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    I'm a Caucasian, so he would have.
    td66snrf said:
    But you're a big time left wing hippy. And an incredible host.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    But you're a big time left wing hippy. And an incredible host.  
    Most of the screening questions don't account for hippiness.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Legume said:
    I think I might move to Arizona, is it good?

@Legume No, it's too damn hot.  88 degrees on November 26.  

Phoenix 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Penzone beat him in the last election....
    Yeah and Trump pardon  him before he was convicted. WTF  Doesn't that totally bypass our judicial system? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser