Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arizona decisions....

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    where are you going to put all those windmills to plug into that roadstah
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    On your lake, Obie Wan Kanobie, or whatevz its called...
    Options
    one article about windmills killing baby loons and it will never happen....you baby loon killer ;)  not to mention the 5,000,000,000,000,000 endangered seagulls =)  i want that car too

Image result for wind turbines kill loons
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    edited November 2017
    Options

Fish lives on Lake Emoji.  =)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no, youre an emoji =)
    Image result for pie in the face emoji
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options

Fish lives on Lake Emoji.  =)
    I hear it’s all smiles there...
  • fishlessman
    Options
    there were hundred fish days there this fall =)
    fukahwee maine

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    But this was criminal contempt, not civil comtempt.  Im not a lawyer but an anti arpaio lawyer gave me his opinion which was pretty clear.  6th amendment protection applicable here was not afforded the defendant...

There's no right to a jury trial for criminal contempt when the prison sentence is six months or less.  So, 6th amendment protection doesn't apply. 

https://law.justia.com/constitution/us/amendment-06/06-criminal-proceedings-to-which-the-guarantee-applies.html

Arpaio's own lawyers granted this fact in their own arguments, by the way.  
    If only it were this simple...sort of like what the definition of is is...its now what the definition of all is and why all doesnt mean all...

An attorney i know close to this situation brought this point up...because max sentence for joe in this case for criminal intent was six months and was determined AFTER the judge issued orders conflicting with federal law, and had conducted investigations at great taxpayer expense.   The theory behind the six month rule was to make things more efficient when the punishment was less than the magical six month period.   What the judge did in this case was inefficiently determine arpaios guilt in order to efficiently avoid a jury trial, hence, a strong case is made that even with max sentence being six months that a jury trial is warranted because of how the judge handled it.  A strong appearance of political motivation exists here and all of this is why joes own attys conceded the six month max sentence provision in their arguments for a jury trial...

I guess this is why the lawyers make the big bucks.....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @westernbbq - my only point is that the 6th amendment argument isn’t at play here.  That’s clear if you look at the arguments Arpaio’s own lawyers made.    They conceded the point that he didn’t necessarily have a right to a jury trial.

All the other political stuff is fairly subjective, in my opinion.  People aligned with Arpaio’s politics are going to see it differently than those who aren’t.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    arpaio is a hero, its those hate america lib judges that should be put under a bus =)=)=)
    fukahwee maine

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @westernbbq - my only point is that the 6th amendment argument isn’t at play here.  That’s clear if you look at the arguments Arpaio’s own lawyers made.    They conceded the point that he didn’t necessarily have a right to a jury trial.

All the other political stuff is fairly subjective, in my opinion.  People aligned with Arpaio’s politics are going to see it differently than those who aren’t.

i agree-  but an atty who is AGAINST Arpaio said that the case could be made based on the judge's mishandling and zeal to convict arpaio criminally by using taxpayer resources inefficiently could be used to justify the jury trial even though the limit of sentence ostensibly negates it

HAD they gone to jury trial it's likely arpaio would have been fouund guilty

oh well, we'll never know and it's all a circus anyway.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Right.  Great observations.  
    Options
    Want!

I guess I'm too picky but if it is not the Evora.... meh! :)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Arpaio is one of the worst human beings walking the earth.  Full stop.  
    Except for Barack, Michelle, and Garcia Zarate.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    You guys should watch proceedings at the ICC in The Hague or any time Assad or the ISIS guys are on TV if you want to see the worst human beings walking the earth. US politicians / rogue sheriffs aren't really in the same category.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    You guys should watch proceedings at the ICC in The Hague or any time Assad or the ISIS guys are on TV if you want to see the worst human beings walking the earth. US politicians / rogue sheriffs aren't really in the same category.
    In context of our current political climate, I see some of the worst, and best, on this forum.
    Options
    Eoin said:
    In context of our current political climate, I see some of the worst, and best, on this forum.
    @Eoin

@nolaegghead has a hard time actually seeing through his very thick and rose tinted glasses. Good grief! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Is Assad really a bad guy?  Some people in this country aren’t so sure.  How about Putin?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Is Assad really a bad guy?  Some people in this country aren’t so sure.  How about Putin?
    That’s rich coming from a guy who likely mocked Mitt for warning you sheep. Too rich! LOL!,,,
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eoin said:
    @Eoin Is that where they supply the accused with little bottles of cyanide in the event their trial is going poorly? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Speaking of Arizona...

• pgprescott
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Speaking of Arizona...

You will never see a dem do anything like this. They go down with the ship 100%. This whole thing makes me feel sick. By whole thing I don’t just mean this one sick guy. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Ya I mean just like nobody ever talks about all the people Jeffrey Dahmer didn’t eat!  Man did that guy get a raw deal, amirite?!?!?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Flake is a loser. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Ya I mean just like nobody ever talks about all the people Jeffrey Dahmer didn’t eat!  Man did that guy get a raw deal, amirite?!?!?
    "raw" deal. Well done.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:

"raw" deal. Well done.
    I was waiting for someone to pick up on that lol
  • pgprescott
    Options
    dmchicago said:

"raw" deal. Well done.
    I was waiting for someone to pick up on that lol
    No braise? No Chianti?