Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Mass shootings and gun control - OT

Options
12345679»

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I see that the NRA is now trying to kill off a complete ban on bump stock mods by saying that "MAYBE some regulations MIGHT be needed" but they are instead urging lawmakers to pass the "National Right-to-Carry" reciprocity laws cuz, you know, the way to deal with bad guys with guns is to have more good guys with guns BS.
    I have never owned a gun but just saying. https://www.google.com/search?q=gun+ownership+vs+homicide+rate&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEvP69tdrWAhWM7IMKHUdUB8UQ_AUIEigB&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2#imgrc=_

Exactly......300+ million guns in this country, the amount of CCW states has doubled in the last 15 yrs, silencer/suppressor ownership has skyrocketed, etc.  It should be a blood bath according to the media, Hollywood, and politicians.  I remember when CCW was passed in MO, and the STL paper said it was going to be the wild west with "carnage on the streets."  Nearly 15 yrs later and 1-million permit holder, there have only been a handful of crimes committed by CCW holders.  Those that abide by laws are not the problem here.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,266
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Hans61: The changing of your profile pic is very... uh... um.... timely.  :s
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I see that the NRA is now trying to kill off a complete ban on bump stock mods by saying that "MAYBE some regulations MIGHT be needed" but they are instead urging lawmakers to pass the "National Right-to-Carry" reciprocity laws cuz, you know, the way to deal with bad guys with guns is to have more good guys with guns BS.
    I have never owned a gun but just saying. https://www.google.com/search?q=gun+ownership+vs+homicide+rate&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEvP69tdrWAhWM7IMKHUdUB8UQ_AUIEigB&biw=1024&bih=666&dpr=2#imgrc=_

Exactly......300+ million guns in this country, the amount of CCW states has doubled in the last 15 yrs, silencer/suppressor ownership has skyrocketed, etc.  It should be a blood bath according to the media, Hollywood, and politicians.  I remember when CCW was passed in MO, and the STL paper said it was going to be the wild west with "carnage on the streets."  Nearly 15 yrs later and 1-million permit holder, there have only been a handful of crimes committed by CCW holders.  Those that abide by laws are not the problem here.
    So the added screening to get a CCW screens out those that shouldn't be allowed to carry?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CCW holders are whackos and crazy people until they stop a violent crime. Everybody calls them heroes then.  Just like that church member in Antioch TN a couple weeks ago. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    CCW decreases the homicide rate.  Proven fact!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    CCW holders are whackos and crazy people until they stop a violent crime. Everybody calls them heroes then.  Just like that church member in Antioch TN a couple weeks ago. 
    Are those rare events enough to offset the deaths and injuries caused by knuckleheads and "professionals" that mishandle weapons and have "accidental" discharges?

Just curious.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Legume said:

So the added screening to get a CCW screens out those that shouldn't be allowed to carry?
    Responded in the other thread......

Most states it's the EXACT same background check.  The sheriff's office or state police accesses the NICS database.  Same place a FFL dials into when they process a 4473 form when someone buys a gun.

That's why more and more states are allowing permitless CCW.  If you can legally possess a firearm and open carry it, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to conceal it.

The bad guys cannot legally possess a gun, so it's not like they're even applying for a CCW permit.  As an instructor, I can tell you that the sheriffs approve nearly 100%--and that's not because it's lax background, it's because only law abiding citizens with clean records apply for the permit.