Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still My Nemesis

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I'm sure BGC-Iowa-edition has tons of perfect flat slices around here somewhere he's just not showing, for some reason.
    I showed you mine, as requested by the gang.
    Now it's time for you to show me yours.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    Anyone's underwear in a knot over this topic??  Geez, it's just a hunk of protein.  But it does have quite the draw on a Monday PM.  
    It is a controversial bugger for sure. It's kinda like a Friday - Saturday feel with the glorious holiday and what not. Cheers friend!
    It's only controversial for one. Everyone else seems to be ok with it. 
    Uh, I bet there are plenty of others. They are likely intimidated by the forum gang. Lol. The reach is vast. 
    There's really only one guy who openly shîts on brisket consistently. May be other struggling with the cook, but one dude seems to think cause he doesn't like it, or can't cook it, no one should like it. One guy.  
    Well I've seen and eaten his food and it is phenomenal. A true perfectionist. I think he truly doesn't think the end result is worth the effort. Hey, I cook a few briskets a year and am happy to do so, but I totally can appreciate his view as well as those of the pro brisket crowd. As most things in life it comes down to perspective and priorities. He clearly feels his time and effort is better servered by cooking awesome dishes other than brisket. Everyone knows that you can do everything correctly and end up with an OK result or even worse. To each their own. 
    This thread has taken a turn that is actually hilarious.  I'm just getting this vision of @Focker texting @pgprescott  "Hey, check out the forum.  I'm trolling the brisket nerds again."

Now that's funny! I bet @Focker is enjoying the trolling, but there is no "collusion"!
  • Focker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:
    Anyone's underwear in a knot over this topic??  Geez, it's just a hunk of protein.  But it does have quite the draw on a Monday PM.  
    It is a controversial bugger for sure. It's kinda like a Friday - Saturday feel with the glorious holiday and what not. Cheers friend!
    Uh, I bet there are plenty of others. They are likely intimidated by the forum gang. Lol. The reach is vast. 
    There's really only one guy who openly shîts on brisket consistently. May be other struggling with the cook, but one dude seems to think cause he doesn't like it, or can't cook it, no one should like it. One guy.  
    Well I've seen and eaten his food and it is phenomenal. A true perfectionist. I think he truly doesn't think the end result is worth the effort. Hey, I cook a few briskets a year and am happy to do so, but I totally can appreciate his view as well as those of the pro brisket crowd. As most things in life it comes down to perspective and priorities. He clearly feels his time and effort is better servered by cooking awesome dishes other than brisket. Everyone knows that you can do everything correctly and end up with an OK result or even worse. To each their own. 
    This thread has taken a turn that is actually hilarious.  I'm just getting this vision of @Focker texting @pgprescott  "Hey, check out the forum.  I'm trolling the brisket nerds again."

LMAO
    Nice vids btw.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Dang- time for the true "who's Richard is bigger throwdown"...great entertainment for a Monday evening.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    lousubcap said:

Now that's funny! I bet @Focker is enjoying the trolling, but there is no "collusion"!
    I never implied collusion.  I left you with plausible deniability.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    lousubcap said:
    Totally agree, "the gang" thinks they are the only ones.  
    But they struggle to think, independently.
    there it is. Like clockwork. Act like an ass and then cry that you are being ganged up on. you are the only person who had negative things to say on here. You want to be able to say anything you want and then cry when people push back. Jesus. Va jay jay. 

Are you drunk?  Or high?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Focker said:p
    Focker said:
    lousubcap said:
    there it is. Like clockwork. Act like an ass and then cry that you are being ganged up on. you are the only person who had negative things to say on here. You want to be able to say anything you want and then cry when people push back. Jesus. Va jay jay. 

Are you drunk?  Or high?
    Are you 13 or 15?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Dang- time for the true "who's Richard is bigger throwdown"...great entertainment for a Monday evening.  
    I'm waiting for some sliced brisket pics cap.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Focker said:p
    Focker said:
    lousubcap said:

Are you drunk?  Or high?
    Are you 13 or 15?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Focker said:
    I'm sure BGC-Iowa-edition has tons of perfect flat slices around here somewhere he's just not showing, for some reason.
    I showed you mine, as requested by the gang.
    Now it's time for you to show me yours.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    lousubcap said:

Are you drunk?  Or high?
    A little of both but I'm right. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    lousubcap said:

Are you drunk?  Or high?
    Nobody's crying.  I like being ganged up on, it's fun.
    I don't care about the push back.  You won't see me buying a packer soon.  But I'm crying, and negative because brisket is the sh!ttiest cut you can buy at the meat counter.  Come on man.

It's not negative CT.  It's truth.
    If you can't handle this, you may be the one with the mangina....just sayin'.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Perfectionist? He should have gotten a cease and desist letter from Shun for this hack job. 

Please show me how to cut open a hard boiled egg. Lol

Perhaps he was expecting something more like this

Not mine, just something I found in 3 secs, cause I'm too busy trying to figure out how to nail a brisket.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Focker said:
    Perfectionist? He should have gotten a cease and desist letter from Shun for this hack job. 

Not mine, just something I found in 3 secs, cause I'm too busy trying to figure out how to nail a brisket.
    The deviled egg cut, very nice work!

Mine was the slice it open to show no overcooked ferrous sulfide ring cut.  That is all. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Focker said:

Easy to find perfection on the net. Let's see yours. 
  • Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Let's move on from eggs to the holy grail of bbq. Lmfao
    Still waiting for those pics @cazzy, you skeered? 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Options
    I need a third Dalmore!!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Now the poor hard boiled egg has been sucked into the vortex.  Good thing Independence Day only happens once a year.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I need a third Dalmore!!!!
    Cracked my first Bud, need to catch up.
    I can take this gang bang all night!  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You two stop ganging up on Cazzy! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Focker said:
    Are you drunk?  Or high?
    https://youtu.be/LKOT1S1mChU

For the record, @The Cen-Tex Smoker can cook a brisket. 

In my experience, not everyone that uses tough guy motifs for their avatar is an a$$hole, but there's a positive correlation 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • pgprescott
    Options
    20stone said:
    Focker said:
    Are you drunk?  Or high?

In my experience, not everyone that uses tough guy motifs for their avatar is an a$$hole, but there's a positive correlation 
    Hey, I like good brisket. I thought I made that clear. That example looks great. Thanks for sharing!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Ok, I poured a third "double". I had to use regular ole ice cuz I ran out of distilled spheres. I will soldier on!
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now the poor hard boiled egg has been sucked into the vortex.  Good thing Independence Day only happens once a year.
    Even Instant Pot Eggs are fair game here.
    This is a rough bunch. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    20stone said:
    Focker said:
    Are you drunk?  Or high?

Looks like a hedge trimmer may be a better slicing tool, she looked a tad tough, dry, but what do I know.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    20stone said:
    Focker said:
    Are you drunk?  Or high?

So what does that make me?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    You two stop ganging up on Cazzy! 

Unlike @Focker I don't like to be gang banged.  :nuh_uh:
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited July 2017
    Options
    20stone said:

So what does that make me?
    Disrespecting the Godfather of Soul is its own thing, for sure, and defies categorization 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX