Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chocolate Pots de Creme: recipe from Butt Blast

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Has anyone tried sous vide cheesecake?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Worked my way up to 7:35.  They offered me a manager position if I'd stay and go to UL.  Laughed my way out the door.
    I left after six months and worked at Callaway Gardens. $5.50 and free golf at 4 courses. I was ballin' 
    You n me, top golf, looser pays...  I'm a terrible golfer.  Once a year on fathers day.  Keeps it very fun.
    If that's an invite, I'm looking forward to some free range time. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    bgebrent said:
    Worked my way up to 7:35.  They offered me a manager position if I'd stay and go to UL.  Laughed my way out the door.
    I left after six months and worked at Callaway Gardens. $5.50 and free golf at 4 courses. I was ballin' 
    My wife got an underage possession charge when we were in college and was sentenced to community service.  Worked the hours off dressed up in the snowman costume at Callaway's Fantasy in Lights - hated every second of it!!!   =)=)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Kroger has the 4oz jars for half off right now. #noexcuses
  • GATraveller
     I gotta pick some of these up to make this weekend.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Do yourself a favor and get 24 jars for $11
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Do yourself a favor and get 24 jars for $11
    Definitely this! I'm tasked to make these and the caramel ones (sans weed) for my little guys birthday party for the adults. I've gotta go get another dozen or so. I think I paid $9 per dozen at the neighborhood market. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • DoubleEgger
    I stared really hard at a 10lb box of ghirardelli at Restaurant Depot this afternoon. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    I stared really hard at a 10lb box of ghirardelli at Restaurant Depot this afternoon. 
    That's 100 calories worth at least, just for looking at it lol
  • Today I’m trying White Chocolate Pumpkin, Salted Carmel and Dark Chocolate flavors.  So far the filling for the WCP is da bomb!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Today I’m trying White Chocolate Pumpkin, Salted Carmel and Dark Chocolate flavors.  So far the filling for the WCP is da bomb!

Do you have a link for the WCP recipe?   Asking for a friend...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    Wife's birthday dessert! 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Wife's birthday dessert! 
    Nice!
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    @JohnInCarolina you doing these at BB 2018? 
  • g8golfer said:
    I feel as though that is obligatory at this point, yes.  
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    g8golfer said:
    I feel as though that is obligatory at this point, yes.  

I think we've gone beyond obligatory and have reached mandatory.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I made the recipe and mine did not turn out as well as I would have liked.
    They were very dense and sweet. Maybe using a chocolate that was a little less bitter would have helped.
    To the people with more experience with the recipe, do they turn out really dense for you?
    I'm sure I must have done something wrong on my end.

• GregW said:
    They were very dense and sweet. Maybe using a chocolate that was a little less bitter would have helped.
    To the people with more experience with the recipe, do they turn out really dense for you?

They're suppose to be dense.  It's not pudding.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    GregW said:

Yep, these are dense. Maybe you were expecting more of a  mouse texture?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GregW said:

They are dense for sure.  Almost like a paste.  The flavor is a dark chocolate one, which isn’t for everyone.

Try the salted caramel ones.  For me those tend to come out lighter and the flavor is obviously totally different.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    GregW said:

Love the dense.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    DMW said:
    GregW said:

I've never eaten mouse before @dmw, but I never would have figured a mouse to be dense.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I like them!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited February 2018
    Yes, you need to have one (1) egg yolk for each chocolate pot!!!  If you can't handle that, move on!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    thetrim said:
    I like them!
    These SV Chocolate Pots de Creme, are amazing.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

Try the salted caramel ones.  For me those tend to come out lighter and the flavor is obviously totally different.

Yea....

I tried to open that link at work a while ago and my computer did NOT like that url. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    Salted caramel pots are NSFW.  Haha!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95