Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp Scampi PoBoy

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
Pretty much this recipe from Emeril:
http://emerils.com/126410/shrimp-scampi-po-boy-garlic-bread

I made the Essence rub from Emeril's recipe that is all over the internet and rubbed the shrimp, then gently egged them up at 350 degree dome~

Shoulda used the frogmat cause you can see the casualty that fell through the grid!
(Way bright out there, sorry for the bad pic!)

Into the sauce:

Onto the toasted garlic bread~

Not a shabby lunch!

Thanks for lookin.

Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    OK...Yum...dang that looks great.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Wow, Faith....looks outstanding!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Oh my goodness... gotta try this one!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Jacksonville FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I gotta stop cooking the same old same old. That looks wonderful!

Not that I'm surprised, mind you. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    There we go.  Way to do the Florida Gulf Coast PROUD!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Yes please. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Deeeeeelicious looking!!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! Just a simple lunch here  - and what a nice response from old friends, and new!    
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Gotta do shrimp. 3/4 of my family have something very wrong with them. I love grilled shrimp, any recipe off the grill. My picky eaters do not. Screw it. I have 2 BGEs I will grill me some, and grill them some brats. Use the same loaves fo both.
    Beautiful cook!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Gotta do shrimp. 3/4 of my family have something very wrong with them. I love grilled shrimp, any recipe off the grill. My picky eaters do not. Screw it. I have 2 BGEs I will grill me some, and grill them some brats. Use the same loaves fo both.
    Beautiful cook!!!!!
    Better get your loved ones to the doctor and check them out! Not liking shrimp is an indication of problems. Lol. I agree with you great sammiches!
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I love a good Po Boy. What a simple well executed meal. Looks amazing. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks amazing, Faith!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Good Job Faith! I would eat that any day, every day, any time of day! Mini Fest? J&K

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    @SGH - Thank you for this distinction!

@YukonRon  - Wow, you had better get to work on those non-shrimp-loving relatives! I agree with @pgprescott! Thanks, you two!

@six_egg - Thanks! 

@Griffin - Thanks! It's been a long time!

@Jupiter Jim - This would be a nice minifest cook, for sure. Too far ahead to say if that fest will fit in the schedule. It sure looks like you two have been keeping busy! Say hi to Kay for me!

• MSUladyegghead
    MSUladyegghead Posts: 38
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bam...Father's Day inspiration 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Oh My Goodness!!!   Wonderful looking sammi 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    WOW!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I found this thread this weekend looking for a shrimp recipe.

I made it last night and had leftovers tonight, fantastic stuff.  Thanks for the thread!
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    @Florida Grillin Girl , ca cest bon oui!!!  Very nice job....looks divine.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Nice looking cook Faith. Not shabby at all.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nice!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Looks WONDERFUL, as your cooks always do!

I love shrimp, for some reason have always sort of felt like putting them in a sandwich would sort of water down the flavor, taking a bit of shrimp-and-bread instead of just the pure shrimp.  But I admit I've never tried it, and your po boy looks great!  I'll have to try it one of these days.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Looks WONDERFUL, as your cooks always do!

I love shrimp, for some reason have always sort of felt like putting them in a sandwich would sort of water down the flavor, taking a bit of shrimp-and-bread instead of just the pure shrimp.  But I admit I've never tried it, and your po boy looks great!  I'll have to try it one of these days.
    The first night, we ate it as a sandwich and sort of agree with you.  Tonight we ate it as an open face with a pile of shrimp on top and used forks and knives...... tremendous.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks incredible!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    no lettuce and no breading on the shrimp, two thumbs up for that. i like the whole garlic bread idea

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    @stompbox - You are welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.