Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp Scampi PoBoy

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,696
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
Pretty much this recipe from Emeril:
http://emerils.com/126410/shrimp-scampi-po-boy-garlic-bread

I made the Essence rub from Emeril's recipe that is all over the internet and rubbed the shrimp, then gently egged them up at 350 degree dome~

Shoulda used the frogmat cause you can see the casualty that fell through the grid!
(Way bright out there, sorry for the bad pic!)

Into the sauce:

Onto the toasted garlic bread~

Not a shabby lunch!

Thanks for lookin.

Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,903
    OK...Yum...dang that looks great.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 659
    Wow, Faith....looks outstanding!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), watching sunsets on the waterfront at Lake Buchanan, TX.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  2 MiniMaxes. 36" Blackstone.
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Oh my goodness... gotta try this one!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,368
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,000
    I gotta stop cooking the same old same old. That looks wonderful!

Not that I'm surprised, mind you. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,662
    There we go.  Way to do the Florida Gulf Coast PROUD!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    Yes please. 
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,409
    Yes please. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,734
    Deeeeeelicious looking!!
  • Thanks so much, everyone! Just a simple lunch here  - and what a nice response from old friends, and new!    
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• SGHSGH Posts: 24,064

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,241
    Gotta do shrimp. 3/4 of my family have something very wrong with them. I love grilled shrimp, any recipe off the grill. My picky eaters do not. Screw it. I have 2 BGEs I will grill me some, and grill them some brats. Use the same loaves fo both.
    Beautiful cook!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,535
    YukonRon said:
    Gotta do shrimp. 3/4 of my family have something very wrong with them. I love grilled shrimp, any recipe off the grill. My picky eaters do not. Screw it. I have 2 BGEs I will grill me some, and grill them some brats. Use the same loaves fo both.
    Beautiful cook!!!!!
    Better get your loved ones to the doctor and check them out! Not liking shrimp is an indication of problems. Lol. I agree with you great sammiches!
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 965
    I love a good Po Boy. What a simple well executed meal. Looks amazing. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,673
    Looks amazing, Faith!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,032
    Good Job Faith! I would eat that any day, every day, any time of day! Mini Fest? J&K

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• @SGH - Thank you for this distinction!

@YukonRon  - Wow, you had better get to work on those non-shrimp-loving relatives! I agree with @pgprescott! Thanks, you two!

@six_egg - Thanks! 

@Griffin - Thanks! It's been a long time!

@Jupiter Jim - This would be a nice minifest cook, for sure. Too far ahead to say if that fest will fit in the schedule. It sure looks like you two have been keeping busy! Say hi to Kay for me!

• MSUladyeggheadMSUladyegghead Posts: 38
    edited June 2017
    Bam...Father's Day inspiration 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,049
    Oh My Goodness!!!   Wonderful looking sammi 

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    WOW!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• stompboxstompbox Posts: 720
    I found this thread this weekend looking for a shrimp recipe.

I made it last night and had leftovers tonight, fantastic stuff.  Thanks for the thread!
  • @Florida Grillin Girl , ca cest bon oui!!!  Very nice job....looks divine.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem.
  • Nice looking cook Faith. Not shabby at all.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    Very nice.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Nice!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,130
    Looks WONDERFUL, as your cooks always do!

I love shrimp, for some reason have always sort of felt like putting them in a sandwich would sort of water down the flavor, taking a bit of shrimp-and-bread instead of just the pure shrimp.  But I admit I've never tried it, and your po boy looks great!  I'll have to try it one of these days.
  • stompboxstompbox Posts: 720
    Theophan said:
    Looks WONDERFUL, as your cooks always do!

I love shrimp, for some reason have always sort of felt like putting them in a sandwich would sort of water down the flavor, taking a bit of shrimp-and-bread instead of just the pure shrimp.  But I admit I've never tried it, and your po boy looks great!  I'll have to try it one of these days.
    The first night, we ate it as a sandwich and sort of agree with you.  Tonight we ate it as an open face with a pile of shrimp on top and used forks and knives...... tremendous.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,662
    That looks incredible!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,002
    no lettuce and no breading on the shrimp, two thumbs up for that. i like the whole garlic bread idea

• @stompbox - You are welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.