Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV-Prosciutto wrapped Chicken Breast Roulade

2»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice! Great looking dish.

Looks like the prosciutto stuck just fine but in case you want to have a little fun with meat glue- the SV is the perfect environment for a quick activation when using meat glue. Bacon, prosciutto, etc bond like super glue to other proteins in a sv. 
    The prosciutto stuck really well.  Meat glue I'd have used if I had it.  Thanks brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Oh mamacita... :flushed:
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nice job Brent, those look great!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @bgebrent
    Awesome looking grub brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    @SGH, Thanks Scottie!!
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

Wowzer!

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Yawn. Another unbelievable cook from @bgebrent
    Nice cooking, dude. Don't ever stop. SV is the way to go. I did pros wrapped pork Tenderloin, stuffed with herbs and smoked gouda. Unreal.
    Your plated meal looks spectacular as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    YukonRon said:
    Yawn. Another unbelievable cook from @bgebrent
    Nice cooking, dude. Don't ever stop. SV is the way to go. I did pros wrapped pork Tenderloin, stuffed with herbs and smoked gouda. Unreal.
    Your plated meal looks spectacular as always.
    Thanks for the kind words Ron!!  See ya soon.
  • bgebrent said:
    I've enjoyed our discussions.  I am at best an average cook who still learns from this sight every day.  Glad you're with us!
    Sorry, but an "average cook" doesn't produce that kind of grub. Looks fantastic, and this is a trend with you so I know it's not a fluke. Well done.
    Stillwater, MN
  • MrWigan
    MrWigan Posts: 104
    That looks fantastic!  

I use my Sous Vide in a large pan, how high can the temperature go using the cooler?  

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

• Mr Brent.....that looks fantastic. Not sure why others think your wife does it all. You seem to rock in from my limited reading on this forum.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Kicking butt and taking names over there in Georgia I see. Carry on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    MrWigan said:
    That looks fantastic!  

I use my Sous Vide in a large pan, how high can the temperature go using the cooler?  
    Good question.  I've not been above 155 yet so I'm no sure.  Definitely can go higher.  I just use the cooler for efficiency.  Thank you!
  • Recipe was a winner!  Next time I'm gonna remember the roasted red peppers, and I'll time it right in the sous vide bath (I started timing when I put the chicken in the bath, not after the temperature stabilized again, whoops!).  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    All day today, when someone asks - you're my hero. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon