Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

Comments

• Wessb would always stir up stuff, then complain about it not be a friendly place anymore.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    When we were vacationing in Norway, I read in the Stavanger newspaper that classes were being held to teach the refugees not to rape women.  :o
  • All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

You kind of did it to yourself. Stop blaming us!
    So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
    John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 
    Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
    A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

So your contention is that the Democrats deserve more blame for Trump than the GOP or the people who voted for him?

The GOP hated him, but they are too blame as well. In the midterms the Republicans were sent to Washington to fight Obama. They bent over and bowed down to him. They didn't fight at all. 

So I agree with you that the GOP is also responsible for Trump because the establishment candidates proved, at least to the republican voters, that they didn't have the stomach to fight. 

Trump got elected because he ISN"T a politician, but the fact is that it was all a big ANTI-OBAMA (Hillary) vote. 
    The notion that it was an anti-Obama vote is kind of hard to square with his popular approval ratings.  That being said, I do agree that a lot of it was anti-Hillary.  I would've much preferred to have just about anyone else run against Trump, but I still didn't expect so many of my fellow citizens to look at all that he represented as being OK.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    DMW said:
    Yes, it's great that we finally have a common man in charge...
    Nope- what you have is a group of people who got pissed off that they aren't being heard and jumped ship.  

No idea what the next 4 years (and beyond) will bring but it will be a change.

Like Nola I'm a little worried about what this may mean but i feel like the path we were headed down was going to get us there in the long run. Rolling over and compromise is not what this country was founded on or what brought grudging respect or at least fear from the rest of the world. 

So is it better to be feared or loved.  

Greensboro, NC
  • DoubleEgger
    When we were vacationing in Norway, I read in the Stavanger newspaper that classes were being held to teach the refugees not to rape women.  :o
    https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/20/world/europe/norway-offers-migrants-a-lesson-in-how-to-treat-women.amp.html?client=safari
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

You kind of did it to yourself. Stop blaming us!
    So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
    John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 
    Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
    A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

So your contention is that the Democrats deserve more blame for Trump than the GOP or the people who voted for him?

The GOP hated him, but they are too blame as well. In the midterms the Republicans were sent to Washington to fight Obama. They bent over and bowed down to him. They didn't fight at all. 

So I agree with you that the GOP is also responsible for Trump because the establishment candidates proved, at least to the republican voters, that they didn't have the stomach to fight. 

Trump got elected because he ISN"T a politician, but the fact is that it was all a big ANTI-OBAMA (Hillary) vote. 
    . . . but I still didn't expect so many of my fellow citizens to look at all that he represented as being OK.

For me, that is perhaps the most alarming aspect of all of this.  I thought/hoped that "we" were better than that.

I'm past that, now.
    :|

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    They have since 2013 for immigrants. The classes include that.  Yes.
    Nope- what you have is a group of people who got pissed off that they aren't being heard and jumped ship.  

Like Nola I'm a little worried about what this may mean but i feel like the path we were headed down was going to get us there in the long run. Rolling over and compromise is not what this country was founded on or what brought grudging respect or at least fear from the rest of the world. 

Sonehow I think the Statue of Liberty would look a little different if America was all about putting fear into the world.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Walk softly but carry a big stick
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaegghead
    @nolaegghead your casual dismissing the troubles in Germany is laughable and not the sentiment of the majority of Germans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/741822/Germany-Merkel-migrant-crisis-refugees-integration-biggest-problem/amp?client=safari

I think you are reading more than I said into my comments.  Sure, Germany got hammered with over a million immigrants from this middle eastern diaspora.  There have been issues.  There has been a resurgence of nationalism in Europe. This is a natural response by some.  Merkel is taking some heat, sure.  Saying my comments are laughable is unfair, IMO.  I'm sympathetic to Germany.
    edited January 2017
    Wolfpack said:
    Walk softly but carry a big stick
    Wall softly but carry a Bic Pen - Donald Trump
  • nolaegghead
    One suggestion that I try following when I post a link is to first read the whole article.
    One suggestion that I try following when I post a link is to first read the whole article.
    I did. We probably should extend the ban to some of those North African countries as well. 
  • Wolfpack said:
    DMW said:

Sonehow I think the Statue of Liberty would look a little different if America was all about putting fear into the world.
    Please clear this up for me?  what is it that you think....we should think?   I stood on Wall Street on September 11th.. in fear of what was coming next.... i waited three days for a cell signal to tell my loved ones i was alive.
     Trust me that our enemies are not going to show up in an ice cream truck or wave a banner telling us they are coming to cause harm.  

I will apologize in advance if this sounds like a ****.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    Wolfpack said:
    DMW said:

Please clear this up for me?  what is it that you think....we should think?   I stood on Wall Street on September 11th.. in fear of what was coming next.... i waited three days for a cell signal to tell my loved ones i was alive.
     Trust me that our enemies are not going to show up in an ice cream truck or wave a banner telling us they are coming to cause harm.  

Almost all the terrorist attacks in the continental US came from American citizens during the past 8 years. 

The 9/11 terrorists came from the 3 countries that are not in the travel ban (incidentally Trump has business in those countries).

I did. We probably should extend the ban to some of those North African countries as well. 
    Just out of curiosity then, why did you mention only one of the three regions that had the disproportionate crime rate?

"The report from the BKA federal police showed that migrants from northern Africa, Georgia and Serbia were disproportionately represented among the suspects."
    Just out of curiosity then, why did you mention only one of the three regions that had the disproportionate crime rate?

"The report from the BKA federal police showed that migrants from northern Africa, Georgia and Serbia were disproportionately represented among the suspects."
    Excuse me for leaving the other two out. Ban those fü$kers too. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    You're right @JohnInCarolina. It has been telegraphed. It's called campaign promises and they are being fulfilled. Of course the people who didn't vote for him are pissed. Their only hope was that he was going not do what he said. That's not happening so the butt hurt is strong. The ones that did vote for him are happy that he's keeping his promises. 
    So you're happy with a Muslim ban?
    Sounds like it's not a Muslim ban. It sounds like it's a ban on people from specific countries that are known to harbor terrorists. I'm cool with that. 

I have lots of liberal friends in Germany that will openly admit that Merkels refugee program is a freaking disaster. 

Are you happy with deporting dry foot Cubans back home John? 
    Germany has a population of about 80 million. Accepting the million or so refugees that they have over such a short period of time will no doubt be disruptive in the short term.

In the longer term, Germany will be better off and most Germans realize that.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Wolfpack said:
    DMW said:

Almost all the terrorist attacks in the continental US came from American citizens during the past 8 years. 

The 9/11 terrorists came from the 3 countries that are not in the travel ban (incidentally Trump has business in those countries).

first let me say that i love how the guy who started this thread is merely trolling in the back ground awarding those in his view with "agree".... 

@nolaegghead
    ....trust me when I tell you.....its hard... to decipher one from the other when your trying to avoid losing your life. ., politics fade away,  reality sets it.. and that is that others do not want us to be free....  that... that alone is hard to take given how much blood has been shed for our freedom.  liberal, democrat, conservative, or republican, they all bled for freedom.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • DoubleEgger
    These are the folks that have had to deal with this refugee issue far more than we have. Merkel's policy is total crap and Western Europe is paying the price for her dumbass decisions. Central Europe basically told her to piss off. Poland gave her and the EU the finger and accepted no refugees Greece is the first stop for many refugees... 94% disapproval rating. 

• nolaegghead

Really does suck when a culture embraces mysogyny and fraud.  Good thing we're not headed that way.
    HeavyG said:
    You're right @JohnInCarolina. It has been telegraphed. It's called campaign promises and they are being fulfilled. Of course the people who didn't vote for him are pissed. Their only hope was that he was going not do what he said. That's not happening so the butt hurt is strong. The ones that did vote for him are happy that he's keeping his promises. 
    Germany has a population of about 80 million. Accepting the million or so refugees that they have over such a short period of time will no doubt be disruptive in the short term.

For sure- it's been amazing for France and Belgium. It will continue to pay benefits for the foreseeable future. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2017

Really does suck when a culture embraces mysogyny and fraud.  Good thing we're not headed that way.
    It can't happen here.
    Not in our United States. No way.
    Right?

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• nolaegghead
    Wolfpack said:
    HeavyG said:

For sure- it's been amazing for France and Belgium. It will continue to pay benefits for the foreseeable future. 

You might be right, look at the American Indians.  Everyone else is an immigrant or born of them.

http://www.budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2016/1/27/the-effects-of-immigration-on-the-united-states-economy

HeavyG said:

A nice European alternative fact! 
  • Hey, we are Americans.  We fear no one when it comes to our freedom and the freedom of others.  Why do we fear now?
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Hey, we are Americans.  We fear no one when it comes to our freedom and the freedom of others.  Why do we fear now?
    Too many folks still suffering from post 9/11 "scaredy-cat-ization" is my guess.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Wolfpack said:
    DMW said: