Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon Slushie Recipe

Had some folks ask for the recipe:

1 - 12oz Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
1 - 12oz Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate 
2 cups Unsweetened Ice Tea
3 cups Bourbon (more if you are manly)
7 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
mix all until sugar dissolves 
Freeze overnight.
enjoy.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ron, you are giving folks a reason to cook and eat.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351

They are magical and taste sooooooooo good! :)

The official beverage of the 2017 Butt Blast..........

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Ron I was going to search this recipe out tonight. Thanks for posting. 

After you freeze it do you just kinda shave it into a cup?  Do you have a pic of the finished product? Thanks man!
    VA Beach
  • Mighty fine !!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    I need to try this... Evan Williams good enough? I'd hate to use a really nice bourbon with all the other flavors going on.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Oh cr@p.  This does not bode well for me.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    caliking said:
    Oh cr@p.  This does not bode well for me.
    It will while you are imbibing! I did a 40oz one at butt blast and was good to go for 3 hours or so.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @Thatgrimguy Had made a batch when we were at the River Bash back in July. Truly amazing!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Phatchris said:
    I need to try this... Evan Williams good enough? I'd hate to use a really nice bourbon with all the other flavors going on.
    Yes. I've made a few bathes now. Like 12+. I'm known amongst my book club as the bourbon slushee guy!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    They're legit.  Think they're even more legit if you use Evan Williams...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Bookmarked, thanks!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Phatchris said:

Evan Williams is good enough to drink on rocks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Phatchris said:
    Yes. I've made a few bathes now. Like 12+. I'm known amongst my book club as the bourbon slushee guy!

If its good enough to bathe in, I gotta try it. And remind me not to have a drink at grim's house. 

Little Rock, AR

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I'm not much of a bourbon guy, so I would welcome a recommendation on what's best to use for this.  I would guess Maker's is a bit much, but who knows.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    thetrim said:
    I'm not much of a bourbon guy, so I would welcome a recommendation on what's best to use for this.  I would guess Maker's is a bit much, but who knows.

Evan Williams is just fine for this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Since it is mixed with so many other heavy flavors, a decent inexpensive bourbon is all you need. We used Evan Williams at the NCBB.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    Since it is mixed with so many other heavy flavors, a decent inexpensive bourbon is all you need. We used Evan Williams at the NCBB.
    Now I'm insulted. I was sure you'd spring for too shelf for all your heathen friends.  B)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    thetrim said:
    Not Makers!  Too sweet brother.  Evan Williams or any other cheap shlt bourbon Carey would find acceptable to mix with Coke zero is what you want.
    Love you brother Nola.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    VB_egger said:
    Ron I was going to search this recipe out tonight. Thanks for posting. 

After you freeze it do you just kinda shave it into a cup?  Do you have a pic of the finished product? Thanks man!
    No need to shave. With the alcohol, it never hardest completely, as frozen water. We placed in a deep freeze for a week, then placed in the Yeti for the trip down. We packed in food saver bags and poured from them. Had to let them thaw for a few mins, but no problem once they got soft.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

Phatchris said:
    Yeah a good inexpensive bourbon is all you need. EW is perfect.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

thetrim said:
    Just use Evan Williams. A good inexpensive bourbon is all you need. It was voted Bourbon of the year, at a blind taste test amongst 50 judges at the Bardstown Kentucky 2016 Bourbonfest.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Now I'm insulted. I was sure you'd spring for too shelf for all your heathen friends.  B)
    My heathen friends were too drunk to **** about it after the first cup, or can you remember? EL OH EL

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Not Makers!  Too sweet brother.  Evan Williams or any other cheap shlt bourbon Carey would find acceptable to mix with Coke zero is what you want.
    Love you brother Nola.
    Exactly!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

Ron, you are giving folks a reason to cook and eat.
    Just hoping I help them enjoy egging just a little bit more

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited December 2016
    DMW said:
    Phatchris said:

Evan Williams is good enough to drink on rocks.
    I agree... It's good on the rocks, I don't love it neat.. It's also one of least expensive that I can find that doesn't taste like rocket fuel. I personally enjoy the EW single barrel for $28 a lot more.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    **** Bourbon! what will they think of to flavor things with next?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• YukonRon
    **** Bourbon! what will they think of to flavor things with next?
    I worry about the bourbon industry, upon occasion.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • @YukonRon: Thanks Ron. Had been meaning to make a batch and just did as a result of coming across this thread. Haven't tasted the finished product, but the unfrozen concoction tasted good! Who would have thought you could hide so much bourbon in such a little volume of slushie. 

• YukonRon
    @YukonRon: Thanks Ron. Had been meaning to make a batch and just did as a result of coming across this thread. Haven't tasted the finished product, but the unfrozen concoction tasted good! Who would have thought you could hide so much bourbon in such a little volume of slushie. 

Water expands a lot during freezing, alcohol does not, drinking these will fool most. The perception is that your alcohol intake is less.
    Very wrong.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Wow!  What I love about this (other than the booze) is that you don't have to f*ck with a blender.   Definitely trying it.
    LBGE/Maryland