Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2016 Ticket

Options

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Whatever DAWG fanboy. It's just a freaking joke. Get over yourself. 
    A joke? You have been here long enough to know the joke is old. The horse has been beat to a pulp. The guy is a much better cook than you will ever be unless you dedicate as much time towards being a better cook as you do being hateful and degrading to other members. Just imagine how great you could be if you would just keep your negative thoughts and "jokes" to yourself. It's one thing to joke but there is no need to continue to put people down because you feel it's funny and it boosts your ego. You are just making yourself look like a jerk for no reason. Now give me a piece of that 100 day steak!

Not everyone wants to be like BGC buddy. You cannot see that with all that BGCchoad in your face though. 
    @tarheelmatt You clearly did not ready what I said and just jumped to assume I'm defending Craig. I know nothing about the guy other than he can cook and has some hate from others. So I could care less who the horse is. It's the fact of the matter I was pointing out.

By the way, if I had Craig on my face (or you for that matter) I highly doubt I'd be typing this  =)
    Snellville, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    What nothing will bump this thread off of the first spot?  Even relevant egghead cook posts? Moderators are taking notes and following suit of FB and Twitter I guess. Maybe if something offends it'll get yanked. But, we don't need another "Stop It!" Thread. It's Friday so....
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    What nothing will bump this thread off of the first spot?  Even relevant egghead cook posts? Moderators are taking notes and following suit of FB and Twitter I guess. Maybe if something offends it'll get yanked. But, we don't need another "Stop It!" Thread. It's Friday so....
    Just tap or click the announcement button brother. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Dobie Ya did that and this thread is still on top. Oh well. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    You know, I'm betting we could post just about anything in this thread and it would be overlooked until at least Monday....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    You know, I'm betting we could post just about anything in this thread and it would be overlooked until at least Monday....
    Shall we put that to test brother Miah? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Whatever DAWG fanboy. It's just a freaking joke. Get over yourself. 
    A joke? You have been here long enough to know the joke is old. The horse has been beat to a pulp. The guy is a much better cook than you will ever be unless you dedicate as much time towards being a better cook as you do being hateful and degrading to other members. Just imagine how great you could be if you would just keep your negative thoughts and "jokes" to yourself. It's one thing to joke but there is no need to continue to put people down because you feel it's funny and it boosts your ego. You are just making yourself look like a jerk for no reason. Now give me a piece of that 100 day steak!

Not everyone wants to be like BGC buddy. You cannot see that with all that BGCchoad in your face though. 
    @tarheelmatt You clearly did not ready what I said and just jumped to assume I'm defending Craig. I know nothing about the guy other than he can cook and has some hate from others. So I could care less who the horse is. It's the fact of the matter I was pointing out.

By the way, if I had Craig on my face (or you for that matter) I highly doubt I'd be typing this  =)
    The rub I had was the comment to @DoubleEgger.  I've tasted his food before and he's got skills and is a great friend of mine.  You took him as negative, but in reality, he has a low tolerance for douchy folks.  The BGC chronicles go way back brother, and for some, including me, just don't care for his antics.  He is a great cook, I'll give him props solely on that.   

BTW, I didn't say sit on your face.  In other words you were blinded by BGCs choad meat (pein, man meat, there's other words)  I guess you were trying to a bit funny with the fat joke though, I dunno?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
     I'm not sure I understand when you say I took him as a negative. Are you insinuating his comment was not negative? And if he has such a low tollerence for douchy folks why is he so quick to be that way to others? Seems a bit silly. Regardless we have made our points. I know he can cook and I know he's your buddy, and I respect both. Let's carry on with the reason we are all here.

For what it's worth I realize I picked a bad thread (top of the page every day) to bring this up in and I apologize to all for that. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I was not at all making a fat joke. I was making a joke that if anyone was on my face I would't be typing. Poor attempt at humor. 
    Snellville, GA

• Jeremiah
    Options
    SGH said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Have something in mind?
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    With this thread quickly turning into a friday post, I might actually have a chance at winning this thing! Keep it up boys!
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I know how to sink this thing...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    No we need @NPHuskerFL and his anti cammy cam juice posts. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    SGH said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Have something in mind?
    Actually I do brother Miah. It's no secret that I'm a great song writer. With that said, I have completed a few new songs that I was considering posting here. I have no doubt that my rendition of "Democrat Dikks" and "Liberal Lesbians" would sink even this thread. However they would probably get me buffaloed as well. As such, I will be performing them live and in the nude at Brisket Camp. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Well I've began reading and following the brethren site so post away. The buffalo is becoming much too frequent around here anyhow...
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Limerick contest.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Jeremiah said:
    SGH said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Have something in mind?
    Actually I do brother Miah. It's no secret that I'm a great song writer. With that said, I have completed a few new songs that I was considering posting here. I have no doubt that my rendition of "Democrat Dikks" and "Liberal Lesbians" would sink even this thread. However they would probably get me buffaloed as well. As such, I will be performing them live and in the nude at Brisket Camp. 
    This had me worried for a second, and then I remembered you're not a real person.  Phew!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Everybody knows Scottie won't make it to Brisket Camp
  • SGH
    Options
    I made the inaugural one. Where were all of y'all? I made both crawfish festivals 2 years in a row. Again, where were y'all? When Grim first got his Shirley and did his first fundraiser I was there helping out. Again, where were all of y'all? It just amazes me that no matter how much I do or help I still fall under some kind of scrutiny. It may be hard to believe but I do have a life and family that sometimes takes precedence. 

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    I made the inaugural one. Where were all of y'all? I made both crawfish festivals 2 years in a row. Again, where were y'all? When Grim first got his Shirley and did his first fundraiser I was there helping out. Again, where were all of y'all? It just amazes me that no matter how much I do or help I still fall under some kind of scrutiny. It may be hard to believe but I do have a life and family that sometimes takes precedence. 
    @sgh I'm egging on the SilverAdo tailgate. Prime Cap of Ribeyes, Lobster Tails and @HuskerMaMa making steak fries and Cheesecake with ganache. Where the hell are you now :lol:
    I kid. I kid. Or am I?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @sgh I'm egging on the SilverAdo tailgate. Prime Cap of Ribeyes, Lobster Tails and @HuskerMaMa making steak fries and Cheesecake with ganache. Where the hell are you now :lol:
    I kid. I kid. Or am I?
    At the moment I'm sitting my far a$$ on the couch. Just got home old buddy. I attended a York Rite Festival today in Orange Grove from 7:00am until 4:30pm. I'm tired, hungry and wishing that I was there to devour some of your lobster and ribeye!!  Sounds awesome buddy. Can't wait to see it.  

Status- Standing by.

• YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    1. Long time egger
    2. Never been to the fest
    3. I live in the ATL
    4. Recently unemployed and soooo broke
    5. Please?  :)
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Damn this post is getting epic! I am going to start posting all my cooks as announcements. 

I do NOT want eggfest tickets as i wont be able to attend, starting a new job that week. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I heard this was a dating site.  After 2+ years, still no dates, but I'm thinking about buying an egg.  Are the girls all at this eggfest thing?
  • Loubo83
    Options
    Thanks Buffalo for setting up this little competition!  In my opinion, everyone who wants to go to the Eggtoberfest should be able to go.  Perhaps BGE should consider a larger venue.  

Although I've had my LBGE for a few years now, I'm only now using it more often since my military retirement.  Constant deployments prevented me from practicing, but while away I lived vicariously through the Egghead Forum's amazing cooks.  You guys are incredibly talented!  However nothing brings me greater joy then seeing (and tasting) my own results.  

I've attended some of DizzyPig's classes and a couple local Eggfests so I believe I can maximize my learning at Stone Mountain.  I hear it can be quite intimidating.  

Whether I win a ticket or not, I've booked a flight to Atlanta and hope I will end up with a ticket.  Gotta have faith!  If I do win a ticket, I will pay it forward next year and offer one or two of my tickets to someone who deserves it.  Thanks for the honor of competing in Buffalo's contest this year!
    Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, Weber Smokey Mountain, LBGE, MiniMax and Mini
    Hyattsville, MD (Washington DC Metro Area)
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    I have come here today to make a final plea for my case. First let's state the facts.(aka how I've screwed up)
    1. I screwed up and didn't get the tickets this year. (Email went to spam and I didn't check)
    2. I still have not told my wife that we don't have the tickets(not looking forward to that one)
    3. This will be our first missed in 5 years
    All kidding aside this is a thing that we share as a couple and it is kind of our thing. We connect over good food and the community that we are part of that is bge nation. We have met lots of friends over the years. If we get to go this year it will be payed forward each year. Thank you for your consideration. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Somehow I've never been to Eggtoberfest as it always seems to conflict with kids sports and Bulldog football. Maybe one day...... 

https://youtu.be/LR4j8iWu-OI

Will you be in Columbia for this years game with the Gamecocks?

Unfortunately no.  I'm coaching my son's baseball and daughters basketball so weekend away time is virtually non-existent.  I'll be lucky to fill my seats in Athens more than a couple of times.  Makes me want to cry!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • The_Buffalo
    Options

The Buffalo is feeling generous and benevolent today ... contest is now closed and he is laughing with great vigor at many clever entries and picking one name and then another and then another!

Where will it end, how many winners do we have???

Stay tuned! 

Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Do tell. Do tell Benevolent and Wise Buffalo. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014