Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Brisket Tracker

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Grandville Michigan Costco
    Usually has 2 or 3 prime packers available 2.89 to 3.49 per pound

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    East Peoria, illinois costco has prime packers for $3.49/lb all day long.  Decent selection too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    chrisc133 said:
    @DoubleEgger I have no clue what the per pound price was for that brisket....rookie mistake. I'll be prepared to report pricing for the next one. 
    At least they had some brisket. Zilcho here in Atlanta. Choice flats are $6.99/up around town so I've just been buying SRF for only a couple bucks more. 
    Gotta go to SAMs in our area for reasonably priced briskets. 
    My SAMs only has flats, I need to ask if they can order a packer.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    East Peoria, illinois costco has prime packers for $3.49/lb all day long.  Decent selection too.
    Damn!  We're deprived in the Atlanta market!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I would've traded you locations before I moved, even with no packers in Atl.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    A second Cosrco will be opening this Friday in Louisville, just down Bardstown Road about 2 miles or less from my home. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tallredii
    Options
    North Dallas/Lewisville, TX - 121 and 35E northwest corner
    Costco
    Prime Grade Packers - $2.99 LB

Saw them today and there were probably 15 in the case and you can buy them by the pallet if you choose.  They have a pallet price ($2.79 LB) up on the board above the meat case.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
     Nice thing about Kentucky, it is the 7th largest beef producer in the USA. Tons of beef processed here.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    tallredii said:
    North Dallas/Lewisville, TX - 121 and 35E northwest corner
    Costco
    Prime Grade Packers - $2.99 LB

Saw them today and there were probably 15 in the case and you can buy them by the pallet if you choose.  They have a pallet price ($2.79 LB) up on the board above the meat case.
    Show-Off...   

Nice thread here!  Hoping to find some in ATL as well.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    $2.99 in kc last weekend
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I would've traded you locations before I moved, even with no packers in Atl.
    We don't even have a Costco  come on up/over! 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Every grocery store around here carries packer briskets. The CostCo in Fort Worth almost always has a half dozen prime packers, except for on major holidays. But leading up to the holiday, they will usually have a big cooler full of them.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nada in Greensboro or Winston Costco buddy! I get choice from Walmart. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    New Orleans Costco consistently has prime packers @ 2.99/lb, as well as a quality Restaurant Depot CAB selection.
    NOLA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I smoked a choice flat from Franklin, TN Costco this past weekend. I look for Prime brisket every time I go in there and I wish they would carry them. I am also interested in locating stores that carry prime brisket flats or packers.  I travel regularly along I-40 from Virginia to Oklahoma. 

This guy is the master of his domain.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lit said:
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I'm looking for prime. Those angus ones at RD at okay at best. 
    I know the supply chain varies by region but they are better than any Costco Brisket I've ever cooked of any grade. I got rid of my Costco membership because I was like 0-5 cooking Costco briskets. Longest slump I've had since I learned what the hell I was doing. Once I got off Costco briskets, slump over. I know some people down here like them but every time someone at work calls me and says "what did I do wrong" I start with "where did you buy it"? RD Superior Angus are great briskets. And I will take a CAB brisket over any prime brisket anywhere. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Prime briskets down here are all like $2.99. CAB and Meyer all natural choice are always at least $2 more. And they are always worth it. It funnybecasue the Meyer all natural Primes are $2.99 and the choice are $4.99 and up. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    GFS in canton Ohio has prime for 2.99/lb but you have to buy a case at a time and order them.  They've told me that there are approximately 100lbs per case, and a 3 day turnaround.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• vegas slim
    Options
    2.99 in the las vegas area costcos for prime
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     Nice thing about Kentucky, it is the 7th largest beef producer in the USA. Tons of beef processed here.

Sounds like when I come back down to hit the rest of the distilleries on the Bourbon Trail, I need to bring the truck and my 100qt cooler. =)
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Lit said:
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I know the supply chain varies by region but they are better than any Costco Brisket I've ever cooked of any grade. I got rid of my Costco membership because I was like 0-5 cooking Costco briskets. Longest slump I've had since I learned what the hell I was doing. Once I got off Costco briskets, slump over. I know some people down here like them but every time someone at work calls me and says "what did I do wrong" I start with "where did you buy it"? RD Superior Angus are great briskets. And I will take a CAB brisket over any prime brisket anywhere. 
    What do you think it is about the Costco ones? They come from Excel just like most other places I think?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    Add Knoxville as a barren wasteland for prime packers.  Costco, Sams, Publix, Kroger only carry choice flats.  Only packers I can find are choice at Walmart.

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

What do you think it is about the Costco ones? They come from Excel just like most other places I think?

I have had great results with the Costco prime product.
    NOLA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Louisville- within the past month $3.69/lb for prime.  Packer meat locker has been filled (sometimes the selection is a little thin) for the past year at least.  Selection-wise the overall trend is in the up direction.  
    Lou....will you be taking in the big Dabor Lay event at Ron's? If so, look forward to meeting you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    I plan to be there-bring your voyage planning check list and charts from the PNW adventure....

Just kidding.  Looking forward to it as long as he doesn't expect us to finish out his kitchen  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options

Nashville TN -   No packers at Costco in Franklin or Charlotte Avenue.

There is a GFS with choice packers right across the street from the Costco in Franklin.

Chicago Illinois Northwest Suburbs -  I found prime packers for 3.49/lb last month at the Aurora Costco.  The Bolingbrook Costco had prime packers for $4.49/lb at the very same time.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I know this doesn't help you in the SE, but in the NW prime packers in the Bellingham WA big box have been over $3.50 a pound, on Monday they were $2.89US (about 3.79CDN) a pound - had no cooler with me to get them home, will try next week. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Costco in Ann Arbor Michigan- Prime for $2.99
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lit said:
    Could be the cook (me) but I've never had such bad luck. They don't always come from Excel down here- they buy the cheapest they can for the area. I have always had better luck with Angus briskets (even SRF is half angus). CAB are angus, RD Superior Angus are..well...Angus, Meyer all natural are Angus, SRF are half and half- never had a problem. I know "Angus" can be subjective but I generally buy upper tier/branded stuff since I can get it at the normal store here. I know Cazzy likes them fine so it could have just been a slump I was in but I see it all the time with others who call me with problems too. At some point, I had to blame the meat or else it would have been...me.

There was also the guy on here last year that had that nasty abscess/tumor in his Costco brisket. That was about the nastiest thing I have ever seen. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited August 2016
    Options
    And I never saw an Excel in our Costco. I haven't been there is 6-8 months so that may have changed but he ones they had in mine were just non-branded prime briskets.