Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Brisket Tracker

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Whoosh
    The sound of all our money going down the toilet after you fools voted for this guy.
    You are such a whiny little cUnTt
    Silly me worrying about my money not being worth as much anymore. Sounds like a stupid thing to worry about. I bet all those poors that voted for Biden that cant afford to put gas in their cars or food in their stomach wont vote democrat again.
    Worry away.  You do you man.  Just stop bitchhing about it to everyone here.  It’s boring and whiny af.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Whoosh
    The sound of all our money going down the toilet after you fools voted for this guy.
    You are such a whiny little cUnTt
    Silly me worrying about my money not being worth as much anymore. Sounds like a stupid thing to worry about. I bet all those poors that voted for Biden that cant afford to put gas in their cars or food in their stomach wont vote democrat again.
    Worry away.  You do you man.  Just stop bitchhing about it to everyone here.  It’s boring and whiny af.
    I know it must suck for you guys that voted for this joke to realize what a stupid choice you made. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Why do you all drag this thread into the political $hit show??  Feel free to take your ball and go elsewhere.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Saw whole briskets for $3.89 at Costco last week, the trimmed flats next to them were $6.99 :lol:
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    $3.99 a lb for prime here in Durham this morning.  Not quite cheap enough for Lit yet, but maybe soon!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    I wanted to start a locator for Costco prime briskets. I travel throughout the Southeast and I'm looking for cheap prime grade briskets. 

As many of you are aware, there are no prime packers at Metro Atlanta Costcos. 

Please list if your Costco carries prime packers (city name please) and what you're paying per pound. 

EDIT: If you can't find it locally, that's cool. Let me know that as well. 

I shot you a PM, which may be helpful, depending on what side of Atlanta you are on.  If you are anywhere on the east or northeast side of town, headed out toward Athens, Stripling's General Store in Bogart always has Prime brisket, and most of the time has some SRF in stock.  What they don't have, they can get in 2 days most of the time.  Great people, small business and one of the best meat counters you'll find.  They also carry prime and/or wagyu tri-tips very often, which are delicious.  They also get fresh seafood from the Gulf 2-3x per week.  It's a great place and worth the drive.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Mayberry said:
    I wanted to start a locator for Costco prime briskets. I travel throughout the Southeast and I'm looking for cheap prime grade briskets. 

As many of you are aware, there are no prime packers at Metro Atlanta Costcos. 

Please list if your Costco carries prime packers (city name please) and what you're paying per pound. 

EDIT: If you can't find it locally, that's cool. Let me know that as well. 

I shot you a PM, which may be helpful, depending on what side of Atlanta you are on.  If you are anywhere on the east or northeast side of town, headed out toward Athens, Stripling's General Store in Bogart always has Prime brisket, and most of the time has some SRF in stock.  What they don't have, they can get in 2 days most of the time.  Great people, small business and one of the best meat counters you'll find.  They also carry prime and/or wagyu tri-tips very often, which are delicious.  They also get fresh seafood from the Gulf 2-3x per week.  It's a great place and worth the drive.
    DoubleEgger isn’t on the forum any more these days but I’ve passed this info on to him.  Thank you!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Oh man!   I didn’t even realize that post was 6 years old!  😂. 
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Intentionally surfacing this thread as today I visited the local Costco seeking a commodity brisket to enjoy following a few weeks of wet aging.  
    All they had was choice grade packers.  Found one with decent marbling, trimmed better than many from the recent past and quite flexible.  Grabbed it at $3.99/lb.  I am sure I can bring it home.  
    BTW, when asked "where are the prime briskets", I was told there is a prime brisket shortage.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Cap— no rush— wondering if you can throw up a pic of what you selected.  Last time I hit Costco the flats were really thin so I passed.  I am curious if that was a good call or being too picky.  Considering separating point and flat like Nibble Me This often does for egged brisket for a few reasons, mentioned at link. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    I always pass on the flats.  In the extended and recent past the packers were prime grade and the flats choice.  And the $$ for the flats were around $3/lb more due to the effort to butcher them.  However as mentioned aboe the dynamics have changed.
    Requested (unedited pics of both sides of the brisket below):

This topic (definition of which is a bit loose) can be one for the Zoom tomorrow. 
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Thank you!  It is evident immediately that the flat portion of the packer you purchased is better than the flat portions on the packers I sifted through. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Price of Prime Packer in ATX is $4.49 lb.  I can go to HEB for prime for $3.79-$3.99
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Buckwoody Egger - That's a fine looking brisket right there.  Great eats await-guess the prime brisket shortage only applies to those parts of the country with the prime bourbon shortage exists.   B)
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Cap— no rush— wondering if you can throw up a pic of what you selected.  Last time I hit Costco the flats were really thin so I passed.  I am curious if that was a good call or being too picky.  Considering separating point and flat like Nibble Me This often does for egged brisket for a few reasons, mentioned at link. 

You didn't ask me, but I usually cut off most of the flat and just grind it up and portion and freeze it and smoke the good part.
    NOLA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
     Today, Imperial American Wagyu $5.69 a pound.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.