Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Costco Brisket Tracker

DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,212
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to start a locator for Costco prime briskets. I travel throughout the Southeast and I'm looking for cheap prime grade briskets. 

As many of you are aware, there are no prime packers at Metro Atlanta Costcos. 

Please list if your Costco carries prime packers (city name please) and what you're paying per pound. 

EDIT: If you can't find it locally, that's cool. Let me know that as well. 

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,633
    I like this Michael!  What's your mark up gonna be for delivery? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,212
    bgebrent said:
    Enough that I'm eating free brisket 

bgebrent said:
    I'd load that cooler up in Louisville if I were you @bgebrent

bgebrent said:
    I'd load that cooler up in Louisville if I were you @bgebrent
    Good idea!  I'll bring ya some based on your pricing strategy  =)
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,531
    Shhhhhiiiiiiit. I can't even find a choice packer at my costco!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,083
    Louisville- within the past month $3.69/lb for prime.  Packer meat locker has been filled (sometimes the selection is a little thin) for the past year at least.  Selection-wise the overall trend is in the up direction.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    BYS1981 said:
    Shhhhhiiiiiiit. I can't even find a choice packer at my costco!
    Where are you? That's good market info. 
    edited August 2016
    Maybe we can get one of our self recognizing engineers on here to put all of the info on a map.  =)
  • I smoked a choice flat from Franklin, TN Costco this past weekend. I look for Prime brisket every time I go in there and I wish they would carry them. I am also interested in locating stores that carry prime brisket flats or packers.  I travel regularly along I-40 from Virginia to Oklahoma. 

What did you pay for that flat @Hairless_Hand
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,531
    Solano County in California is my location. 

• @DoubleEgger I have no clue what the per pound price was for that brisket....rookie mistake. I'll be prepared to report pricing for the next one. 
    @DoubleEgger I have no clue what the per pound price was for that brisket....rookie mistake. I'll be prepared to report pricing for the next one. 
    At least they had some brisket. Zilcho here in Atlanta. Choice flats are $6.99/up around town so I've just been buying SRF for only a couple bucks more. 
  • feef706feef706 Posts: 848
    @DoubleEgger I have no clue what the per pound price was for that brisket....rookie mistake. I'll be prepared to report pricing for the next one. 
    At least they had some brisket. Zilcho here in Atlanta. Choice flats are $6.99/up around town so I've just been buying SRF for only a couple bucks more. 
    I've noticed flats are always overpriced, no Costcos in Northwest Florida that I know of but have found choice in my area for about $2.50 a lb
  • BBQBuddyBBQBuddy Posts: 264
    No packers in Miami.  They do have them at the Costco in Bozeman, Montana.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,083
    @DoubleEgger - you have broken the code for routine SRF brisket buys.  The chain markets definitely hit you hard for separating the point and flat and then charging upwards of $6 + /lb for the flat.  Once the local Costco started routinely (greater than half the year) carrying prime packers, I moved on from the challenges of a flat cook.  Gotta admit that I did learn quite a bit wrestling with flats for several years but don't miss it at all.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,425
    When I heard tracker - I thought it was like.. https://www.nowinstock.net/

C'mon @DoubleEgger, up that game! :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • BilZolBilZol Posts: 698
    Denver/Parker, CO. 2.99lb. 
    Going on Saturday for Sunday get together with a few other things. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • chrisc133chrisc133 Posts: 487
    Gotta go to SAMs in our area for reasonably priced briskets. 
    Augusta, GA
    Kamado Joe Classic, Kamado Joe Big Joe & Kamado Joe Jr.  
    Blackstone Pizza Oven
    Blackstone 36" Griddle
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,383
    I thought a man of your pedigree just ordered SRF gold with wreckless abandon. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    I don't mind buying them on occasion but I'd sure like to eat brisket more often! 
  • LitLit Posts: 6,955
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I don't mind buying them on occasion but I'd sure like to eat brisket more often! 
    He has all those mouths to feed....
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,383
    bgebrent said:
    He has all those mouths to feed....
    The DINK struggle is real...
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    Lit said:
    You have a restaurant depot there in Marietta get a KCBS membership the angus briskets are under $3 a pound there.
    I'm looking for prime. Those angus ones at RD at okay at best. 
  • WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006
    My Sams only carries flats and they are choice.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,674
    edited August 2016
    It's not the south but Sioux Falls South Dakota carries Prime Grade always and $2.99 per pound.  

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,057
    Have never seen a whole packer brisket in the Costco's in eastern Virginia.

Maybe one day...le sigh.

A full prime packer brisket at my butcher cost $5.99/lb.

Haven't priced the offerings at my local Restaurant Depot.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • LitLit Posts: 6,955
    Lit said:
    I'm looking for prime. Those angus ones at RD at okay at best. 
    I have had good luck with them. Have cooked prime briskets and couldn't really tell much of a difference but haven't tried a SRF brisket yet. Good thread though would like to know the closest costco to grab a prime packer. 
    It's not the south but Sioux Falls South Dakota carries Prime Grade always and $2.99 per pound.  
    Now I know where your forum handle came from.