Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese

Options
This one was a riff off a post I'd seen on FaceSmash.  That website has to be good for something, right?  I didn't get many photos of these but hopefully the ones I did get will work for y'all.  

Pretty simple.  I grated several cups of cheddar and Gruyere cheese.  Then I added sliced onions - mix of scallions, Vidalia, and red onion, and about four cloves of garlic (for four sandwiches).  We had fresh sourdough and a rosemary-olive-oil bread to make the sandwiches.  

I buttered both sides of the bread (on the *inside* - yes, that is the recipe) then put down a heap of the cheese/onion/garlic mixture.  Then I added a solid heap of leftover pulled pork from the BGE, because that's just the way we roll in the Cackalacky.

I used a thin coating of mayo on the outside of the bread to keep them from burning.  Toasted about 4 min each side until the cheese was melted.  A couple of shots:

Plus the adult beverage:

These were a big hit. The sourdough/Gruyere/garlic/pork combo is a heavenly explosion in your mouth.  Thanks for looking!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments