Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2016
    Roasting garlic and waiting to prep a brisky for tonight. May have some beam in a rambler too.  =)

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Lit said: Watching this thing where the guy is jumping from like 20k feet into a net. I jumped from 15k ft with a shoot and almost pissed myself.
    I checked the skydiving box with a tandem jump from just above 13 K feet.  Did it (with my older son) on 6-6-6.  Figure it was all or nothing-obviously a nothing in the grand scheme of life.  But that first step is a big one... ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    @TN_Sister_State - you a relative of @RRP?  He's on a garlic bender tonight as well.  Standing by for a brisket rush.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    lousubcap said:
    @Lit said: Watching this thing where the guy is jumping from like 20k feet into a net. I jumped from 15k ft with a shoot and almost pissed myself.
    I checked the skydiving box with a tandem jump from just above 13 K feet.  Did it (with my older son) on 6-6-6.  Figure it was all or nothing-obviously a nothing in the grand scheme of life.  But that first step is a big one... ;)

I thought a 190' rappel was a big first step...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    lousubcap said:

My wife surprised me with this never told me what we were doing just what to wear. This was 2-3 years into dating but she didn't know I am really afraid of heights. She had already paid for it though and I am more afraid of wasting money. Like you said as soon as I knew I was still attached it was amazing it was that initial couple seconds that scared the crap out of me.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lousubcap said:

I thought a 190' rappel was a big first step...
    I have rappelled 150' Aussie style.  That was seriously fun!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    lousubcap said:
    @TN_Sister_State - you a relative of @RRP?  He's on a garlic bender tonight as well.  Standing by for a brisket rush.

I'm not at all just love garlic and cooking for my step moms bday tomorrow. Nothing better than garlic.....
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Mmmmm, garlic!  I really like to heat my cloves in oil to soften and sweeten them.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    edited July 2016
    Moving to the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) since it's Saturday night-here's the liquid propellent: 

Should be a smooth launch and orbit entry.  Escape velocity is not in play tonight.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2016
    Remembered we had some blueberry cobbler in the fridge my wife made last weekend. 30 seconds in the microwave. All out of vanilla ice cream so Reddi-Wip will have to do.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just got back from an evening stroll with SWMBO on the beautiful campus of Indiana University 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    DMW said:
    Remembered we had some blueberry cobbler if the fridge my wife made last weekend. 30 seconds in the microwave. All out of vanilla ice cream so Reddi-Wip will have to do.

Week old cobbler?  Looks good.  Hope you don't die ;)
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just bought this and got it loaded up..pups are going to be riding in style

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    Watching this thing where the guy is jumping from like 20k feet into a net. I jumped from 15k ft with a shoot and almost pissed myself.
    Channel?
    Fox, and I think that dude's nuts, but I'm watching.
    I saw him on the news a day or so ago. He said he has made 200 practice jumps into the net and he doesn't expect that anything will go wrong. 

Famous last words??

Fingers crossed.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited July 2016
    DMW said:
    Grilled some zuch after the tritip got seared.

There is still a decent amount of wine left. Going to address that issue post haste. 
    I can look at TrtTip cooks all night long. Beautiful job on a beautiful piece of meat.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Seriously, tri tip and blueberry cobbler - you win - that looks fantastic 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Man, I'm just drinking and watching tv 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HoosierBBQ
    HoosierBBQ Posts: 111
    ColtsFan said:
    Just got back from an evening stroll with SWMBO on the beautiful campus of Indiana University 

Can't like this post enough!!! Nothing beats Bloomington in the summer when it's not as crowded. Was always my favorite time down there. Probably won't get down until football season.
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Last one at the campfire
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Hans61 said:
    Last one at the campfire
    Nope ;)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    I put an 18 pound prime packer on the XL at 8.  Still trying to get the dam# thing to settle on a temp.  Thought I had it at 266.  Held for 30 min.  Came in and watched crap on TV for 2 hours.  Blasted egg was down to 230.  I'm determined to master this thing before going the electronic route.  Though that is looking better all the time.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just getting it slooowwwwlly climbing from 200F or so 30 minutes after I add the meat.  Usually is takes a couple hours for the egg to stabilize after putting a cold 18 pound chunk of heat-sink.  Come back a couple hours later where it should settle on a temp.  Then maybe a micro adjustment and hit the sack.  Don't disturb the system by opening the lid for at least 15 minutes or so before deciding the "actual" temp for purposes of adjusting.
    Today I put the top-end back together on my $225 TTR125.  Got it started, then hung it up and went home to cook dinner.

Just locked up the shop in back.  Making a section of workbench top, which will be 1/4" luan to a 1/2" HDF sheet, which I will laminate to another 1/2" HDF tomorrow and have a dimensional 5/4" laminated work top for about $35.

This will eventually go on a stainless steel 2"x2" box table with wheels.  Idea is a portable workbench for the warehouse.  22" x 62" frame, 35" tall.  The top will overhang with a dimension of 23.5" x 72"

@WeberWho Kudos on having a designated driver.   We always designate one if we plan on being out and doing serious drinking (and eating, etc).  Or if no one agrees to be the designee, we just take a cab.  Now we have Uber, even better.
    • WeberWho, another Police story (sorry, no liquor involved).  A few years ago, my wife and I left our daughter's apartment in Houston around midnight, heading back to Ky.  After an hour or two of heading north on 59, we got pulled over.  While I was fumbling around for license, registration, etc..., the cop knocked on my wife's window.  Scared her, she was eating ice cream from where we had just stopped.  She threw it up in the air.  Don't know, maybe that embarrassed the cop.  Anyhow, he proceeded to ask us all about what we were doing, where we had been, and where we were going. Wanted to know about our license plate which had caught his eye.  My wife had one of those special ones from where we both had graduated. Finally asked if I knew the speed limit.  I said I thought it was 55, how fast was I going?  "Just a little over" was all he would say.  Then he said "To be honest, there's just not a hell of a lot goes on out here this time of night".  Told us about where the speed limit would change again on up the road and let us go.  Super nice guy.  Guess he was just bored to tears.   

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Waking up a little loopy.  Was involved with a fundraiser for the local food bank. Long story short, it started raining about 1 for the whole day (really weekend) event. Picnic started at 6 for 500 participants. About 400 showed, and there was room for 275-300 cramped under the tent. People understandably left early. And it rained. No I mean it poured!  Lots of fun still had. Tons of laughs and lots of eye contact with smiles for a great cause.  We had 6 kegs of Victory beer at the beginning. 2.5 were gone when most people were gone. Hung around for another 1.5 hours with other people on the planning committee doing our best to dispose of the donated beer properly.
    I think the last sentence is the reason I am a little loopy. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.