Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    @SGH love RRA ARs ... would love to build one of their AR10s.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH love RRA ARs ... would love to build one of their AR10s.
    If we had Rons money the sky would be the limit my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Finished staining my fence and the deck I made for the half shed today. Every time I finish a chore I officially find something I never want to do again. Final count was 23 gallons of stain and about a large egg monetarily.
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    The egg is cooling down, made a turkey tonight. Drinking Woodford double oak and contemplating life....
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    @Lit I'm going to use that same stain on my deck once I've finished prepping it.  I was advised a sprayer would use much more product, but I'm torn, rolling, brushing or pad will be much slower.  Would you do it again?
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Sitting on the deck, drinking a tequila and tonic, watching the hummingbirds in aerial combat around the feeder.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sitting on the deck, drinking a tequila and tonic, watching the hummingbirds in aerial combat around the feeder.
    We have had hundreds of hummingbirds in certain years past. Very territorial. Cool!
  • Lit
    Options
    Legume said:
    @Lit I'm going to use that same stain on my deck once I've finished prepping it.  I was advised a sprayer would use much more product, but I'm torn, rolling, brushing or pad will be much slower.  Would you do it again?
    I had to hand paint several feet at each side cause I didn't want to get stain on the house. The 4"*4" were easy to stain with a brush but the boards absorbed so much that painting them with a brush sucked. I will always spray it I don't care if it costs twice as much it so much easier. I have like a 6'*8' deck I made for a shed and it took my like 10 minutes to stain it. I used alotof stain but my fence is close to 170' a di did that small deck. I am pretty sure I coated it more than I need to also but I don't want to dothisagainfor years. 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    We have had hundreds of hummingbirds in certain years past. Very territorial. Cool!

This is the first year with more than one coming in. We have 4 total now. Mornings and evenings are a hoot to watch. 

SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Thx @Lit

what kind of wood is the fence and which color stain did you use?
  • Lit
    Options
    Legume said:
    Thx @Lit

what kind of wood is the fence and which color stain did you use?
    It's pressure treated pine. We went with Pecan. Lowes has the 5 gallon buckets a little cheaper than HD and they shipped to me door free in a day or 2 both times. This is what I did today it lightens a little the next couple days.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Lit said:
    Finished staining my fence and the deck I made for the half shed today. Every time I finish a chore I officially find something I never want to do again. Final count was 23 gallons of stain and about a large egg monetarily.
    I have a fence to stain in my near future and you fellas are scaring me.  I am starting to question if I really want to tackle that monster. Deep down knowing I have to do it. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Lit
    Options
  • SGH
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Fish tacos

Looks awesome. I love fish tacos. Now tell the rest of the story. What kind of fish? How did you cook the fish? What kind of sauce? How were they? etc, etc. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just lost power. Having a hell of a thunderstorm. Debating to fire the genset up. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @SGH if we're ever in person I'd love to pick your brain about that, been wanting to build one too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @FarmerTom while the law technically allows officer to stop us for even going 1mph over I'd say those types of stops are a poor practice 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fish tacos

Looks awesome. I love fish tacos. Now tell the rest of the story. What kind of fish? How did you cook the fish? What kind of sauce? How were they? etc, etc. 
    I carefully read the menu and ordered ;)

It was blackened mahi mahi with a spicy aioli and fresh avacado.  The garnish was finely sliced cabbage.  It was excellent.

The cowboy beans where simple,  but good.  The rice was ok.  Flavor was good, but texture was similiar to zatatans from a box.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    just pulled off some confit tomatoes and garlic, smoked over oak.  good gravy the flavor is off the charts.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @SGH if we're ever in person I'd love to pick your brain about that, been wanting to build one too. 
    I hope to get to meet you one day my friend. If we ever do get to meet, I will certainly share anything that I know. That won't take but about 60 seconds as I do not know much =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I carefully read the menu and ordered ;)

The older and lazier that I get, the more I appreciate the above my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    Just lost power. Having a hell of a thunderstorm. Debating to fire the genset up. 
    Watching the morning news, looks like you guys got the brunt of the storm/damage. Hope you guys are okay and have your power back..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Watching the morning news, looks like you guys got the brunt of the storm/damage. Hope you guys are okay and have your power back..
    Power was restored around 10:30. That was a brutal storm. The way the trees where whipping around here and the sounds I was thinking tornado there for a bit. Thankfully not. 

Storms appeared to be back-to-back.  The thunder was still waking me up at around 2am. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Glad to hear yall are ok Matt.

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger